IslandGuy

Flock ‘n Dock 3.0 Z-Hills Mar30-Apr1

Congrats on a great event, Scott, and thanks to Robi, Rob, Chuck, and everyone else who made this work. I was really worried coming into this thing that it was going to turn into a grade A #1 cluster with the boogie and the bigway at the same time, but it all came off smooth as bits. I was on everything from a 48 way to a 2 way acrobatic jump, and flew 6 new suits from 4 manufacturers, and had a great time.

Also, it didn't seem like we had a huge number more people than last year (maybe 15 more?) but the talent level was through the roof. Much better, cleaner, more precise and safer flying than 2.0. 4.0 is going to be amazing.

Also, congrats to Jeff on the win.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

anyone fly, or see how the rigor mortis flew?

I did one jump in it. I thought it was going to be difficult to fly (due to size of leg wing and the wide leg stance) and Nick saying the arm needed to curl, but I found it surprisingly easy. I was more aware of the Mach1's leg wing when I was flying that. I'm not sure how they compare though. My natural flying style is quite floaty and the Rigor Mortis seemed to encourage me to fly like that and I had to work hard to get what seemed like siginificant forward speed, but I only did one jump on it so that may not be fair.

Thanks for a great event guys. I'm sorry I didn't get to jump with you guys as much as I would have liked by I really enjoyed meeting all of you and jumping with you. Thanks to Rob & Kathy, Robi, Scott, Chuck, Grey Mike, Jeff and Matt (and anyone else I forgot) for all of their efforts. I'm sorry if I didn't get to say goodbye to some of you but I hope to see you all soon.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Definite props to the flock organizers for keeping the event both fun and safe. Also ZHills did an amazing job of organizing the loads and did real well in making sure there was enough packing space, food and beer available for both the flockers and flat flyers attending the event.

If you couldn't make it this year, mark your calenders for it next year, as it's definitely the wingsuiting event to be at in the US and next year should be even bigger and better.

What is this Super V2+ that people keep talking about? Can we see pics?

Robi had a suit he was calling a VX that had a built up foam leading edge, a thinner airfoil, slightly larger leg wing, and extended grippers. The suit was pretty much in keeping with Robi's "More Speed!" design philosophy, and was faster than a V2 and more fatuging. It was my favorite suit to fly of the Boogie.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Have to agree with Mark. Even though I was stuck on terra firma, I really enjoyed the event and meeting all you east coasters. It was fun acting as bartender and serving up the coctails.

That 9way diamond on Sunday was just incredible. Can't wait for the final video.
All of you that couldn't make it, you really missed out. :P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

>>>That 9way diamond on Sunday was just incredible.<<<

Who was on the 9 way diamond. Tony mentioned it earlier as well.. It must have been tight to stand out with all of the things going on.......

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Not sure of all involved, but it was tight and the pictures captured it perfectly. The suits looked great against a nice background. Soon seen in a skydiving magazine near you.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

THIS Mark thinks it was a godd time too!
Very nice to meet you, thanks for the Gummi's!!!!!
My effin favorite!!!! (what was I supposed to give the [gree]Her Hotness again????:D:D

Sucks I worked all day on Sunday and didn't get any jumps with you guys...:(

Awesome time with everyone..only one scary formation with a lil zooming...ok a lot of zooming...!
The big ways I went on were very impressive - skills are getting VERY nice by a lot of wingies!;)
Grats to Jeff on the win...given the difference in body size of Jeff and Rob....Rob kicked much ass if he was that close...Jeff is a lightweight!

Great job Z-Flock, best event ever !!! Many thanks to Scott Bland for organizing.

Thanks to Chuck, Scottie B., Jeff N., and Silver Mike !!!

Was a blast on all fronts guys, I coming back every year. Z-Hills is wing suit central.

Hey, Robi P. really appreciate the jumps keep pushing us with all that you do.

Was good seeing Norman Kent join us for a couple big ways as well.

See you all at Fock n Dock 3.5 this fall.

The Brothers Gray
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

The 9 way was:

Scott Bland
Chuck Blue
Mike Masheff
Mike Swearingen
Harry Parker
Larry Strayhorn
Zack
Paul Mazillo
Jeff Nebelkopf

Photographers: Matt Hoover and Scotty Burns

There were enough talented people to make a 16 way, but we decided not to be greedy and do the 9 way, hoping to go back and do 16 if the 9 went well. Unfortunately folks evaporated before we could do it. Believe me, the talent was definitely there.

My only gripe with the whole thing is that Matt Hoover skated out of here without firewiring or simply taking my tapes with him for use in the video. I have a TON of shit that he was not here for.

It's Monday night and the stragglers are still here. I was on six flocks today with at least seven on every load. Last load of the day was a rodeo dive where Kyle Thomas (Derek's son) rode on Robi's back. Kyle deployed off of Robi's back around 4000 feet. Both Zach and I got video.

It was a great weekend to jump different suits. I put two on a new S-Fly expert today and liked it alot. I also made at least one jump on each of my own three suits and loaned them out to others.

Our teamroom, "The BirdHouse" is fucking trashed. Jeff and I are going to take every single item out, scrub the hell out of the floor, then put things back in order. We definitely need more space now. People who showed up for the boogie could not believe how many suits we keep on the rack. More people need to set proper schools up like we have here. It definitely does not suck in Z-hills.

Thanks to everybody that showed up for the event! We saw a lot of familiar faces and welcomed plenty of first-timers. I was sorry that some people could not make it (Voodew, Darren Kellet, etc), but we had plenty of fun without those guys, didn't we!? The level of competency exhibited by the GREAT majority of people were through the roof. There was very, very little zoominess and only one person had to be counselled about it.

See you all in Texas for SkyFlock and then back here in November for Flock and Dock 3.5.

Chuck

I can't say anything new that hasn't already been said before; however, I can show pics of Purple Mike getting sloshed with whipped cream, eggs, bird-seed, and feathers!!!

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!B| Next year, we'll definitey need more organizers to take care of everyone's needs (ie. smaller; more exp., less. esp, groups)!B|
Also impressed by the CHEAP ORG fee ($35) for two dinners, some free beer, and a nice T-Shirt! Kudos to the sponsors!

Overall, despite the big ways (3 Otters) and varied levels of experience, I felt the event was VERY SAFE!!! And, I'm a safety girl. Must be an advantage to being in that "different" wingsuit group!B|

Now, for the pics!

I have tons more but will probably post them on chuck's site (www.skymonkeyone.com) this week!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

The 9 way was:

Scott Bland
Chuck Blue
Mike Masheff
Mike Swearingen
Harry Parker
Larry Strayhorn
Zack
Zach Schroedel
Paul Mazillo
Jeff Nebelkopf

Photographers: Matt Hoover and Scotty Burns

Was reading this over someone's shoulders and thought i'd jump in to correct it :P. Be before i run to the bar, i'd just say lots of great footage and pics happened at the event. some will get out soon enough.

2 more days of jumping before i head home B|

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

WOW...What a great boogie!!! It has already been said but the organizing, the people, the aircraft, the vibe were all awesome. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in putting this together. It was great meeting new bird people. Lets do it again!!! CAW CAW

-Chris-
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Thanks to all at Z-Hills, Morpheus, and Phoenix Fly for the hard work to organize and conduct such a great event !

I missed the first Flock & Dock because I wasn't flying wingsuits yet, but have flown at each fall and spring Flock & Dock since then. And each one is more fun than the previous one !

Special thanks to Scott Bland and Chuck Blue for organizing, Matt Hoover and Scotty Burns and others for the videos, and all the people making the wingsuits (how could we have so much fun without all their hard work ??).

I had a great time flying with everyone and look forward to Flock & Dock 3.5 this fall. Hope to see all the people from F&D 3.0 at the fall event.

- Tennessee Matt

flock-n-dock is not sucking:)

Avery hit it right on - with the fewest words. Outstanding event in all aspects.

I attended FND2 last year, and noticed that the number of flyers and quality of flying overall is noticeably better than last year. After our 1st big-way attempt, I commented to Scott and Chuck to compare that to our 1st attempt last year - waaaaay better!

Personally, I got totally worn out - making 17 ~100+ sec flights in 7 different suits over 3 days is about the limit for this old man.

Many kudos to the Z-Flock guys for hosting, and to the Z-Hills staff for a smooth, efficient boogie machine - especially to the Nylon City packers: 17 perfect openings (I can't do that when I pack myself!). And they litterally peeled the rigs off my back, and had them packed before I could get a Gatorade in me. Wow. I owe the Z-Flock and Z-Hills staff something extra for an outstanding weekend, worth every penny I spent to get there.

Old Guys Rock!

Can't say thanks enough to everyone who traveled near and far for making this MY most memorable wingsuit event ever. It was a treat and a pleasure to jump with each and everyone of you.

Special thanks to Scott for leading the organization and setting the tenor and flow of events (Hope your voice has recovered :)
Thanks, of course, to all the sponsors and folks that brought suits to demo, Rob, Kathy, Robi, Tony, Jeff, and EG Suits (sorry, forgot your name :$) – really cool stuff. Plus for the beer, door and prizes.

Thanks to the load organizers and cameramen that turned the birds into flocks and captured awesome video and pics to debrief with - Scott, Chuck, Rob, Robi, Matt, Scotty, and everyone else who wore a camera. Can't wait to see the compiled results.

Then, thanks to the entire infrastructure:
the pilots (Mickey, Julie, and Matt) who did one helluva job, especially in the formation loads,
the packers who provided no reserve rides and quick turns,
manifest for keeping track of all the bodies and planes,
the café that made heaps of good food, and,
the weather gods that provided perfect conditions and even a few clouds to tease us with.

In one word – AWESOME - Life is too short to let another year go by to do this again – I’ll see you all at FnD 3.5 in the fall if not sooner some place else.B|

--mike
Play like your life depends on it.

Whoa.
What a ride.
Can I have some more?
I had this elaborate long piece written out to say thanks but who wants to read that crap?
I had a blast.
I will be back.
-Tweet!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

AMAZING. this was the best event of my life!!!!!! scott thank you for the chance to be in those amazing dives. chuck it was fun pooping with you. thanks to jeff, tony, scott bland, chuck blue, robibird, robert jones, kathy, manifest , pilots, kahn and the packers, matt hoover, scotty burns, avery, and norman kent. everything went off with out a hitch. ill see you guys at the hills in a month or two. and definately for 3.5. (if i dont already live there:ph34r:
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits