IslandGuy

Flock ‘n Dock 3.0 Z-Hills Mar30-Apr1

If you use small groups please have a good plan that ensures everyone attending has the opportunity to participate and fly with flyers from which they can learn and advance their skills. Some of those who spend the money to come from far away, may not have the flocking experience because it is not available at home, that is the reason they come to an event such as this. They also may not know anyone. On a big way everyone at least gets a chance.

Last year was great and I learned so much but on Sunday when we split into small groups it became somewhat "clickish" and I noticed there were some people who were left out. If you divide people into skill levels you risk the event becoming "snotty", so be careful.

So far wingsuit flyers have been the friendliest people on earth and I have always felt welcome everywhere I have gone. I just want it to stay that way. While Florida may be the exception, we are still the small minority if we exist at all at most DZ's. So we need to be sure to continue to welcome everyone into THE FLOCK if we are to continue to grow and migrate farther north.

Also, right now the situation with the 200 way appears to be making it more difficult and expensive to attend due to lack of lodging etc., so I am not certain about my plans anyway.

Just one northern bird's view.

Speak up!

Big-Ways
I personally like the big ways, as Mark pointed out, they really are the defining moments of the boogie – and you just don’t get to do that type of flying any day of the week. I’m hoping to do Cochstedt, so for me, experiencing the formation of a multi-plane big-way “migration” would be great, the more birds in the air the better.

No Bird Left Behind
As others have pointed out, I think we’re pretty much in agreement that we need to adopt the “no bird left behind” policy - there should be something for everybody, and that works both ways. It shouldn't be boring and it shouldn't be impossible. With the large number of folks that will be there, unless you really do fly-like-brick, you can’t help but to have a ton of fun - and that's the whole point.

3-D
The 3-D formations (like the double-flying-vagina at 2.5) especially offer challenges for all skill levels. The vertical part (usually more challenging) and the horizontal part less so. Fill the slots accordingly – something for everybody

The Big Z
Also, the “Z” formation offers a wide variety of challenging slots. A few of the slots being key and the others requiring flying in a line.

Legs-Out
I also like the idea of getting at least one “legs out” flock going. I think it would be a lot of fun, especially with the wide variety of different suits that will be there.

(Too bad Paralog only works on one computer with one GPS. [:/] This makes it virtually impossible to be of any use to compare each other’s same-flight data right there at the DZ. Anyone know of any software out there that can be used for such comparisons? If not, sounds like a great software opportunity to me.)

Sunset Loads
Big-way sunset loads are a real treat, and what really makes them special for me is having the time to take in the incredible beauty surrounding us and having the opportunity to share it with the flock. To me that means flying it loose. No pressure to fly your slot perfect (if you even have a slot), or to fly your base rock solid. It’s the one jump you really just want to just slow down and enjoy everyone and everything around you. That said, we may be competing with the 200-way (at least Friday and Saturday) for the last load of the day.

Science Experiments
I’m always up for just about anything, but IMO, on the flocking loads, things we want to avoid would be the science-experiments, like trying a Mach 1 after having a dozen jumps on a Prodigy, or trying out the “suit of death”. Go ahead give the science experiment a try, just not with the flock. Sorry if it seems like I’m pointing out the obvious (or even if you don’t agree) but sadly, I’ve seen these types of things happen before with poor results.

Well, just my 2-cents.
Play like your life depends on it.

Also, right now the situation with the 200 way appears to be making it more difficult and expensive to attend due to lack of lodging etc., so I am not certain about my plans anyway.

Perhaps if you can’t find a hotel, maybe go to Wal-Mart and buy a tent and a sleeping bag for $50 and donate it a homeless shelter when you’re done? Plenty of space to camp and it’s Florida (warm).

Or, rent a minivan and sleep in the back?

There are showers/restrooms, a take-out grill/cafe, a bar, etc. right there on the DZ.

Also, there must be other places to stay a little further out. North Tampa, like on Fowler Ave. by the University of S. Florida, only about 20-30 minutes away. There have got to be a number of hotels on that road.

Anyhow, just a few suggestions – hate to see you miss this.
Play like your life depends on it.

(Too bad Paralog only works on one computer with one GPS. [:/] This makes it virtually impossible to be of any use to compare each other’s same-flight data right there at the DZ. Anyone know of any software out there that can be used for such comparisons? If not, sounds like a great software opportunity to me.)

If most people are using Garmin GPS units...uploading to Motionbased.com(free...limits number of logs you can store on the site if its a free account) is one idea.

Or if the computer has a GPS mapping product like Mapsource everyone can download to the same machine and compare data.

Kris.

I have light weight camping gear that I think i could get on a plane even with skydiving gear and have lived off the back of a motorcycle for weeks, that is not a problem. Even with a tent I am concerned as to whether there will be a place to put it with all those belly flyers there.
I am also concerned about the 200 way. I have been to too many boogies where I sat all afternoon because the planes were on hold for a record attempt. If they are making 4 jumps a day, the planes could be unavailable for about an hour a load or 4 hours out of the day, as they organize, load and go to 20000ft, Also if there are weather holds and time is limited, I fear they will get the weather breaks and we will be pushed aside and not get up.
I had really looked forward to coming to this as I get few chances for flocks of any size, I just don't want to end up sitting around. My time away from the office is limited and I need to make sure it is not wasted sitting on the ground looking at the sky dreaming, I do that everyday.

I just checked a bunch of the local hotels and they all still have plenty of availability. Microtel, Best Western, and Quality Inn can all be booked online. Skydive City's website lists about 12 hotels. Here are some of the numbers. Make a reservation now....no excuses that there was no place to stay!

Best Western (813) 782-5527
Crystal Sprngs Mtr Inn (813) 782-1214
Microtel (813) 783-2211
Happy Hill Motel (813) 782-4131
Quality Inn & Suites (813) 762-2000
Living Waters Retreat 877-LW-RETREAT
Clyde's Cottages (813) 782-1613
Siesta Motel (813) 779-9472
Twilite Motel (813)788-2695
Masters Economy Inn (813) 973-0155

I just checked a bunch of the local hotels and they all still have plenty of availability. Microtel, Best Western, and Quality Inn can all be booked online. Skydive City's website lists about 12 hotels. Here are some of the numbers. Make a reservation now....no excuses that there was no place to stay!

How about raffling off Voodew1's room since he's not coming......... :D

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Easy there 2 point --- I am gonna bring a surprise for you, it will be in a special sack --- Glenn will know what I am talking about -- remember Glenn he is the guy that actually leaves his home DZ to fly wingsuits

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Easy there 2 point --- I am gonna bring a surprise for you, it will be in a special sack --- Glenn will know what I am talking about --

No need to bring your little nut sack Little Buddy, you can leave it home with your ol' lady or your other Texsexuals....:S:P

remember Glenn he is the guy that actually leaves his home DZ to fly wingsuits

:D.... Over the years I've traveled for skydiving more times then you have jumps, but for flying wingsuits, why would I travel when I have one of the best flocks 18 miles away and $13 jumps from an Otter...... :S

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

remember Glenn he is the guy that actually leaves his home DZ to fly wingsuits

:D.... Over the years I've traveled for skydiving more times then you have jumps, but for flying wingsuits, why would I travel when I have one of the best flocks 18 miles away and $13 jumps from an Otter...... :S

Be safe
Ed

Because sometimes even lodi gets that toolie fog for days while we down in the south have some of the best weather B| and tailgate aircraft but only have a scattered rattered-tattered flock with no "big toe" central figure, highly experienced load organizer like they do in Zhills and norcal:(.

We are so poor everytime we get a BMI they leave us for more glamourous DZ's.:S

But you are only welcome if you bring yer highly experienced core base flock crew, select washingtonians and a canuck or two.:)
Bring some PFIs with you. I wanna know if I'm flying this v-2 right or not.:D

We are so poor everytime we get a BMI they leave us for more glamourous DZ's.Crazy

it's really for the best

Bring some PFIs with you. I wanna know if I'm flying this v-2 right or not

I doubt they know how to fly it anyways;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Updated List:

Lurch
Island Guy
Mark M
aerodynamite
badenhop
PhoenixRising
SkymonkeyONE
Notsane
Steve H.
The111
Heffro1
EmLo
DaMan
Go Fast Scotty
Normiss
Tony &
Packing Ryan (who both should both be mended and back airborne by then)
Chris
Leigha
Rigger Ryan

Just posted on MySpace too...
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Updated List:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurch
Island Guy
Mark M
aerodynamite
badenhop
PhoenixRising
SkymonkeyONE
Notsane
Steve H.
The111
Heffro1
EmLo
DaMan
Go Fast Scotty
Normiss
Tony &
Chris
Leigha
Rigger Ryan
FlyinBob

Made my res already. Expect it to be a good flying year - Puerto Rico in Feb, ZFND3 in March, and maybe the AN-72 thing in July. Wheee.

Old Guys Rock!

aerodynamite
badenhop
Chris
DaMan
EmLo
FlyinBob
Go Fast Scotty
Heffro1
Island Guy
Leigha
Lurch
Mark M
monkycndo
Normiss
Notsane
PhoenixRising
Rigger Ryan
SkymonkeyONE
Steve H.
The111
Tony

Just purchased my ticket. Sorry about alphabetizing, but I've seem to have caught McBeth's habit.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

aerodynamite
badenhop
Chris
DaMan
EmLo
FlyinBob
Freeatlast
Go Fast Scotty
Heffro1
Island Guy
Leigha
Lurch
Mark M
monkycndo
Normiss
Notsane
PhoenixRising
Rigger Ryan
SkymonkeyONE
Steve H.
The111
Tony

Edited to add me !!! :P

aerodynamite
badenhop
Chris
DaMan
EmLo
FlyinBob
Freeatlast
Go Fast Scotty
Heffro1
Island Guy
Leigha
Lurch
Mark M
monkycndo
Normiss
Notsane
PhoenixRising
Rigger Ryan
Robi
SkymonkeyONE
Steve H.
The111
Tony
Unclecharlie

Croatian and AngloFrog added ;)

BASEstore.it