IslandGuy

Flock ‘n Dock 3.0 Z-Hills Mar30-Apr1

I know there's going to be a crowd at Z-Hills that weekend, but nothing that hasn't been handled before. Those 200-way folks will be lucky to get 3 or 4 jumps a day. We'll easily be able to fit in between AND we get their airplanes .. Z-Hills rarely gets tailgates. I'll bet we easily go over the number of wingsuiters that the normal 2 Otters will hold. We'll be glad for the lift capacity as well as the tail.

Any of you guys from 2.5 remember the "triple pentration flying vagina dive"? I say we do TWO of those .. one in front of the other and have the penetrators fly through both. Hell, if we have enough people we could do 3.

Matt, how about making a clip of that and posting it??

Scott

Matt, how about making a clip of that and posting it??

Already done.

For those who aren't familiar with the dive, check out the Z-Flock 2.5 video.

From 3:08-3:14 is my footage of the triple penetration, as I follow Omar and Chuck through the ring. Omar goes first and does one and a half barrel rolls as he penetrates (this drives the girls wild), followed by Chuck doing some weird front flip flail. From 3:16-3:23 is Omar's footage of the same sequence (watch for the smiley-finger) and from 3:24-3:30 is Chuck's viewpoint.

More penetration indeed, Scott! That last one was kind of sloppy... we need a tighter formation.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Scott --- I am still on the fence due to the crowd - but a question
Is this going to be nothing but bigway or will there be smaller more technical jumps planned also?

You not gonna even fuckin going, you shouldn't care anyway. Now go watch some HGTV or some of the DYI channel.......... :D

ps. I dont care much for zoomie load either......

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Look old man -- I have a room reserved already before you old 2 point skydive guys show up and suck up all the hotel rooms in town.

So when I say I am on the fence I mean I would like to go but I am not sure yet..................where the fuck was your ass last year -- I see how you are you'll travel to wear your little bumper suit but not to fly

POSER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lost all respect for you
Oh wait I never had any:P

And if I decide not to go I will hold the room until the last minute and give it up to a real wingsuit flyer not you old 2 pointer guys.

Real men turn down the invites to all the boring bigways - maybe later in life but for right now I can remember more than one or two points.
When I get old and my memory fails I'll get back on the bigway circuitB|

Hugs and Kisses
Voodew

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Jason ..

Not to take this off thread, but you asked what's the plan ... big ways, smaller technical stuff ...

I'll ask you folks.. whattaya want to do? We could keep things smaller on Friday ... a plane load or half a plane load depending on how many show up when. Then go big Saturday AM for 3 or 4 jumps and then break back up for some smaller stuff. We could put up one more big one Sunday AM, then break up smaller again.

That would give us time to get the cool pictures and time to zoom around. Even I get tired of flying base the whole weekend.

How's that sound? Any other suggestions? I'm open.

I'd also like to start a list of cool dives to do (please add to the list!):

Big Way double chevron (of course)
wedge bottom - stack - wedge
2 or 3 flying vagina with penetration

I personally think 3 bigways for the whole weekend is enough ---- long ass dirt dives, flying 1 slot, and some really zoomy shit going on in the back. Thats just me personally, I am sure that is all some are going to want to do

I would like to maybe do sunset bigways and everything else be no bigger than sixteen (8 ways would be best but I think that small of dives with 50ish people wantng to get in the air would put too many groups in the sky at the same time to make me comfortable)

It would be kind of nice if some of us could seperate as to our flying skills --- newer flockers - slower flockers - acrobatic flockers and those who like to flock with their legs extended --- not that it couldn't inter-mingle but more suited to styles of the individual. I do see some problems with this to figure out where some belong but it should be sorted out quickly.
Scott, you might find someone who is the perfect base without having to try to be!
Hell maybe we can get a flock of superslow fallers (Mach1/GS1)
Hell its called the flock and dock why don't we try for some docking dives (not touching but actual docked flight)

Its been awhile since I have seen or heard of any ground breaking flying coming out of you guys - WTF -- did Omar quit or what?

Just my thoughts

I like those ideas. The multi-plane big ways definately seem to be the "defining" event for the Flock and Dock, but really they're a PITA to learn on. The skilled guys fly up front nice and tight while the noobs zoom all over the sky trying not to splat up against someone else.

I know small flocks at ZHills are a "yawn, we do this every day" thing, but I think for a lot of people being able to jump in the air with even 6-8 other birds is a rare treat. And for me anyway, it's been a lot more fun flying tight in a small formation than loose and all over in a big one.

I guess the real issue with that though is making sure there are enough people to lead and organize the smaller specialized flocks, so the odd people out don't end up wandering around wondering what they're supposed to be doing.

Its been awhile since I have seen or heard of any ground breaking flying coming out of you guys - WTF -- did Omar quit or what?

Ha, Omar hasn't been at the DZ in a while, but Jeff and I finally pulled off one of Omar's creations that he calls the Scary Roll (the FlyLikeBrick guys call it a Double Whammy). Me on my back, Jeff on his belly, we take a dock and then while holding the dock, barrel roll the entire linked 2-way. We'll have to work on it some more and get some video.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I agree, that there needs to be some separation for some jumps on skill level and what type of dive people want to do. Sometimes this may warrent 8 ways or 14 ways or 16ways. Those are good numbers and can do some cool stuff with solid fliers. Although we were short most of one day last yr due to weather/winds, a bunch of us broke off to do our own thing as the weekend progressed. Sure a few jumps should be dedicated to a big way, i just think the slots need to be better defined and focused on 1) skill levels and 2) how people are flying that weekend. I'm not saying it wasn't done that way last yr, but there were some that shouldn't have been where they were. (it's ok, i'm not bitter being taken out of two of them;) ).

As jason said too, it would be fun to get some docks going with the smaller groups. i guess i 'll think about that stuff more

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I'm hearing from a few folks that concentrating on smaller groups with just a few full-up big ways is more appealling.

Is that more like what everyone would like to do? Speak up now!

That would make 3.0 more of a skills camp than a big way get-together ... and I don't think that's a bad idea at all. There are some issues to be overcome, like having video for each smaller group, but we can figure that out.

Speak up!

Maybe mornings can be skills and smaller groups and afternoons can be big-ways. I am coming for the big ways so I would really hate to not get in quite a few large flocks. Or maybe Friday and Saturday can focus on small and mid-size with Sunday being all about big-ways. Of course at a minimum the sunset dive every day should be a big 'ole flock! ;)

That would make 3.0 more of a skills camp than a big way get-together

I like the get together part myself, trying to call it a skills camp makes it sound like it would suck -- I would come just to play with all of my friends ......... and Omar:P