plutoniumsalmon

surface area

hello
i am currently in the process of buying a wingsuit. and so far i have norrowed the choice down to the s6 the vampire2 and the s fly expert. i cant really demo the three suits so i am willing to take a stab in the dark at it and just get one and learn how to fly it. i noticed on my numerous searches on the internet that these suits especially the s fly differ from each other in apparent wings surface area. the s fly appears to be much smaller but on these forums it is categorized in the same cattegory as the other two suits. therefore i would like to know about the importance of surface area is bigger always better or is it the way they are designed. or should i just order a jii wings:)

thanks
oh yes before some of you get all frothy in the mouth about me not having enough jumps or experience i have a gti right now and plan to nail it down before i start flying the bigger suit as for the 13 weeks that it will take to get the new suit delivered ill do nothing but fly the old one;)
Pointy birds
Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy nointy

Given your experience I'd pick a Phantom of the S-fly. Both the V2 and the S6 are very demanding suits that will only slow down your WS progression.

Also, in SD many get OVERALL better performance with suits like the Phantom because maxing out a V2 or S6 for almost 3 minutes is very hard physically.

And Loic with an S-fly by the way kicked everyone's asses including people with V2 and S6.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

Given your experience I'd pick a Phantom or the S-fly. Both the V2 and the S6 are very demanding suits that will only slow down your WS progression. Also, in SD many get OVERALL better performance with suits like the Phantom because maxing out a V2 or S6 for almost 3 minutes is very hard physically.

yeps...

And Loic with an S-fly by the way kicked everyone's asses including people with V2 and S6.

yeah, that did put an end to lots of vain discussions... even if it still "is loïc" .

Given your experience I'd pick a Phantom of the S-fly. Both the V2 and the S6 are very demanding suits that will only slow down your WS progression

They will only slow down your progression if you dont fly em enough to learn how to fly them...

If you only get your wingsuit out 3 times a year in between 2 tandem-videos...then it might nog be the best choice, no...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I don't think that the S-Fly has got that much less wing area, if less at all. It is a monowing thus the whole suit is flying. It is just a different feeling in the air and it is up there with the best suits. Anyway instead of arguing which is best, here a few differences S-fly vs the others: it is not custom built rather it comes in std. sizes (S, M, M+, L, and so on). Therefore (1) it is a lot cheaper and (2) it will ship to you instantly in a matter of days.

as two others have said the monowing design will fly completely different then BM/PF/tony suits. and doesn't have as much arm wing as the other two to get in the way of pulling, etc.

i'd probably recommend a phantom or something before the vampire 2. it really depends on how your flights/ control are in a fair amount of jumps. the phantom is a bit more universal than the v2.

since you dont really have that many jumps, you may not know what you want to do with the suit.. but what do you think you will use it for mostly? flocking, acrobatics, backflying, personal best #'s. etc?

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

You make a good point with your post.

It is a monowing thus the whole suit is flying. It is just a different feeling in the air and it is up there with the best suits.

This is the same for the tri wing suits as well. The body creates a lot of lift. The area of the 'body' is almost 50% of the entire wing area for a big suit.

The body and legs of the suit inflates on the Skyflyer suits...there is a vent from the arm wings into the body on the skyflyer wings.

The legs if the Vampire suits inflate as well the V1 has vents from the legwing into the leg.....The V2 that I sold recently did not have vents...must inflate from somewhere else coz from the pics on the PF website the legs inflate pretty well.

Kris.

Get a Phantom, Firebird, Gti, Acro, Phi. Learn how to fly! You may keep on dream on B|.

Wing area is not the most important thing. I'd rather enjoy flying a small, than fighting with a bigger.

I had about 40 flights on a Phantom, but I'm still not satisfied and still _not_ planning to change anything else or bigger.

I had about 40 flights on a Phantom, but I'm still not satisfied and still _not_ planning to change anything else or bigger.

I have only been jumping the Phantom since April this year....and will jump it quite a bit more next season but....what's true for you and me may not be true for others. Especially if they are bigger guys that want the suit mostly for flocking.

Kris.

I have only been jumping the Phantom since April this year....and will jump it quite a bit more next season but....what's true for you and me may not be true for others. Especially if they are bigger guys that want the suit mostly for flocking.

There should be a reason why top suits are not recommended for the first suit. I really don't know why ;).

There should be a reason why top suits are not recommended for the first suit. I really don't know why ;).

I meant for this dude with 50-100 GTI jumps :P.

Kris.