SkymonkeyONE

Tony Suit Z-wing developments

Since we were looking at pics, I thought I would post some of some of the other models. Compared are the Eagle and Nebula, and the Mach1 and the Aerobat. All of the pics I posted were taken in exactly the same spot at the same range. Clever people will be able to compare any suit previously posted. If not, then just ask and we will take comparison photos. Scotty Burns' V2 is available if anyone thinks the V1 photo is not telling enough. Likewise, we could easilly post pics of Scott Bland's GS-1 beside the Mach1 if anyone is curious.

It was amazingly windy here today, so we wasted our time drinking beer and taking pictures.

Chuck

Do you have a Nebula/M1 comparison?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Chuck, sorry for not stoping in the morning but I had to go to see Stephen Lee on the othe side of Florida. I just ordered MACH1 to try it and Tony said I am going to get it this week. I will jump it and let the other boys try it. I'll make a pictures and let you all now what happens. I ordered extra big wings with a gloves and extra big legs due to my 205 pounds :)
I'll see you when I see you and if I don't see you.........Hell with you.

Not currently, but as all of the ribs are of the same "thicker" fabric as the rest of the suit I don't see mylar as needed. I think they might have sewn one prototype with some sort of rubber matting as ribs, but I may be mistaken. At any rate, that prototype didn't inflate or fly any better than what they were already doing. About the ribs, every one of them is double stitched to the wings.

Chuck

So, here we are: Fat Scotty, Jeffe, and myself. As I can see it, the only drawback to the production "hand-bags" is backflying. In those suits (Nebula and Eagle) , I can't imagine that you could invert your hands to backfly without spoiling half your lift protential, assumining you flip your hands over when you flip over. In every other suit, you just have to lay your hands over backwards. No biggie. Blicky!.

We tryed to make a five-way horizontal line today. It's very hard when you have guys flying four different suit. Anyway, the faster you fly, the easier the dockage. Four-way was not a problem, but we could not do a five-way horizontal line without funneling. Fuck it.

We have figured out that it does not matter what brand of suit you fly, so long as you can haul ass and stay relative. Slow sucks. Fast equals lift.

We are not sucking at Z-hills........

Hasta la muerte, chingones.

Carlos Azul e los Pajarones

same here, have heard some pretty brave claims being made .... - buying it purely for selfish reasons ... i have a s3s to flock in -- but then again after a few jumps im sure ill just learn to fly it dirty like after the s3s and v1 came out and everyone else had gti's and classics .... just spoke to tony he got my order on fri (rush) and just started cutting my suit - he says he will ship on or before fri :D:ph34r:;)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

In those suits (Nebula and Eagle) , I can't imagine that you could invert your hands to backfly without spoiling half your lift protential, assumining you flip your hands over when you flip over. In every other suit, you just have to lay your hands over backwards.

Actually Chuck, in my new Acro I have noticed a similar thing... because of the way the hand loops work (and also the cut of the wings), if I try to put my palms toward the ground while on my back, it seriously shrinks and deforms the wing. Which sucks, because it is much harder (endurance-wise) to backfly for a long time with palms up.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

In those suits (Nebula and Eagle) , I can't imagine that you could invert your hands to backfly without spoiling half your lift protential, assumining you flip your hands over when you flip over.

This is partially true. When you backfly palms down in a webbie suit you are shrinking the surface area of the wing. The proper way to backfly in a suit with webbies is palms up. At first it is very taxing on your muscles, but in time gets easier. If the fall rate of the dive is a little faster you can fly palms down. The Nebula still gave Mr. Blue a run for his money, backflying palms up or down.:ph34r:

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Is there any GPS data on the suit already?
Less curious about flocking together, and more interested in what the suit can do when flown to the max...

All I know is that I was getting blown away by the machs at the end of the dives when they'd break off and max out. I'm not a slow faller in my PHI, maybe 60-65 on average, but I'd often be done with the dive and under canopy at 4k watching them slowly drift past my level a quarter mile off.

Sorry, it just happens to be my current status not something I'm wishing on you. Two weather days followed by to work days before I get to try it out.

dont worry - im feeling the same, weather has SUCKED for 2 weekend in a row now - at the risk of sounding like a junky 0 im takin strain! B|

hopefully it clears up by the time my M1 arrives

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~