SkymonkeyONE

Tony Suit Z-wing developments

Just some BS calculations on how much wider the wing on this is than a V2 wing...flyers are different so there will be slight variations.

Mach 1 Prototype.

Leg wing width ; 742
Arm wing width : 852
Flyer Height : 896

LW/AW ratio : 0.87
LW/Height : 0.828

V2

leg wing width : 217
Arm wing width : 270
Flyer Height : 290
leg wing/arm wing ratio: 0.80
Leg wing/height : 0.748

The pics used are attached. Height and widths are in pixels. As Chuck says very wide legwing indeed. I would prefer a smaller arm wing though...and at a higher point along the torso instead of almost at the knee :o. Would also like a butt deflector for more speed.

Kris.

A little update on the suit that Tony modified for me. This was the suit I had trouble with finding my BOC. Since this suit had webbie and I couldn't feel my handle I had Tony remove the gloves.

The modification looks really good. The wing gripper comes out at a 45 degree angle (on most suits it's vertical when standing), but this wasn't an issue.

On my first jump with the modification I had trouble again getting my BOC at pull time (but I did get it). The suit was a little tight across the chest and I had tried to reach my handle on the ground with no problem .. but apparently the situation at pull-time was a little different. I could barely reach my BOC ... the tightness restrained my reach.

So it was NOT the webbies that caused my previous problem, although they made it worse by limiting my feeling. I just wanted to clear that up in light of this latest jump.

Scott

All of our suits now can have the legstraps in or outside the suit. With no fear of swallowing your handles. So a base pouch is on the way shortly. You can also stow your pilot chute in the legstrap depending on what you are used to.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

One pretty important thing that I failed to mention: all of the wings on Tony's (and Jeff's) suits are now constructed of Parapack. It's offered in two deniers, the heavier of the two being "420" if you can believe that! :ph34r:

The beauty of that material is two-fold:

-it's much more durable than any of the ZP options offered by any of the other companies. You are not going to destroy your $1000 suit if you but-slide a landing (are you reading this, LeRoy?)

-it's available in many, more colors than any of the available ZP fabrics

Anyway, that's something that I thought was significant since I can't count how many times I have seen suits of all the other manufacturers rip apart from the simple stress of flying.

Another thing: all of the ribs in the wings are double stitched.

Another thing: Tony offers a ton of graphics options.

Another thing: double zippers are offered on all of the suits should you decide that you prefer wearing your legstraps on the inside. You now have the option of doing that on all models.

Any way to cut away the wings? Or can you at least reach the risers under canopy without unzipping your arms?

I mistakenly deleted Mark's post when I went to respond. Anyway, yes, there is a cutaway system for the arms. It's maybe not shown clearly enough in the photos, but I will explain what you are looking at.

The Arms are sewn to the body right down to the point where your hip juncture is. From there there are two modes of use. If you run your legstraps through the access hole in the side of the suit (which zippers shut when you are not using it), then you simply run the zipper slide to the top and hook it up, then zip it down. It's secured at the bottom, to the suit, with RSL shackles. There is a cloth loop on the RSL shackle that is also sewn through the zipper slide. To disconnect the wings you simply reach down and grab the loop and pull up. It unzips fully and disconnects the entire bottom portion of the wing, allowing you to reach up and grab your toggles. If you are using this "legstraps inside" method, the only gap between the wing and the suit on the front of the suit is the small space where your hip juncture/legstraps go around. The zipper is mated all the way up to that point.

If you choose to jump your legstaps on the outside, then the only difference is that the top about six inches of the zipper is unmated from it's velcro sandwich and that portion of the zipper/wing attachment lies over your legstrap.

Jeff says that the suit feels/flys the same whether his legstraps are inside or outside. I certainly can't notice any difference in his performance when I am flying beside him in either of my big suits. As some people will prefer to fly with their straps inside, the suit comes ready to fly either way. It's pretty clever.

At least one of the pics I posted is a rear shot of the suit rigged both ways. One legstrap inside, the other outside.

Chuck

Since we were looking at pics, I thought I would post some of some of the other models. Compared are the Eagle and Nebula, and the Mach1 and the Aerobat. All of the pics I posted were taken in exactly the same spot at the same range. Clever people will be able to compare any suit previously posted. If not, then just ask and we will take comparison photos. Scotty Burns' V2 is available if anyone thinks the V1 photo is not telling enough. Likewise, we could easilly post pics of Scott Bland's GS-1 beside the Mach1 if anyone is curious.

It was amazingly windy here today, so we wasted our time drinking beer and taking pictures.

Chuck

I just bought one of tony's z suits. It is my first . I made my fifth wingsuit flight and my first z suit flight last saturday in st. marys.
I dont know much yet about wingsuits as I am just begining,But i can tell you that I had a great time and hope the winds allow me to jump it again tomorrowB|

The suits look really nice, though the mach1 and nebula look to be pretty much the same.

I like that the suits have a lot of different options available and are trying new things. I'm sure over the next year we'll see what doesn't work and what does.

I'm hoping some of these suits make an appearance at the Keys boogie.

This could possibly be one of the best threads I've ever read on the dorkzone;)
I really think the comparison pics skymonkey1 has posted really show the differences between suits. Maybe some type of compilation of these pics should be done... pics of all of the suits from an equal distance. Matt maybe it could go on your page.. which really kicks ass...
I would really like to see some up close pics of the zipper mechanism skymonkey1 explained in an earlier post.. I had trouble picturing it.

see ya @ the keys!
Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

It is immediately evident from the pics that Chuck has a shorter torso and longer legs than Jeff(?). SO not really that good of a comparision because leg length determines wing width(on truely custom suits).

The pics were not taken from the same distance and also the angle is a bit off but I was able to do some manipulation. One important thing is that the camera is at exactly 90 degrees to the plane in which the wingsuit is otherwise...it will look like this pic on the PF website.

http://www.phoenix-fly.com/products/Phantom.htm

Robi's left leg is further back than the right leg from where the camera is looking. It makes the picture look like Robi is standing on a slight incline.

Kris.

forget hiz knees... what about his AZZ... see this pic where he shows his AZZ...

added: chuck... I seee dirt.. you been azz sliding? I dont wana hear shite no mo! lol ;):P
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...