SkymonkeyONE

Tony Suit Z-wing developments

I was just over at the wingsuit warehouse and found out that all of Tony's designs are now available without webbies. Instead, you may opt for a traditional wrist cuff and grippers. That applies to the Eagle, Nebula, and probably the Spitfire as well. The LadyFlyer and Aerobat already came "webbie free".

This option came as a result of Scott Bland taking his Eagle back over to get the webbies removed. The result was very clean! the gripper angle is "outward" at an angle very similar to a Vampire. This fixes the only real thing I disliked about his three "standard" designs.

There are people out there who really like the webbies, I was just not one of them. The beauty of this is that it's not unplausible that a person could try the suit with the webbies and, if they do not like it after a time, they could send it back for retrofit of a regular cuff and grippers. That's just me thinking outloud, but I know Tony had Scott's suit done very, very quickly.

Anyway, I just thought I would post that since I was over there this morning shooting the breeze with Tony.

Chuck

Is Tony putting a BASE pouch on his big suits ?

With the webbed hands being a little bit of an issue with handles for some people ...wouldnt this potentialy make the lower pulls in a BASE enviroment a little more dangerous (then it already is?)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Any pics of the Mach 1?

That's the suit Jeff was jumping when he was up there, John. The big black one. It's refined a bit more now, but that's it.

Oh, OK, I thought it was a Nebula. It certainly performed very well - so well he flew himself to an off-landing on one jump (I, having local knowledge, turned back at the right time).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What do the wings look like compared to a V2 or S3? Do the arms come forward(swept forward?) like the other Zwing suits?

Ofcourse a pic would be nice if possible.

Kris.

Laying one on top of the other, the Nebula has about 1/3 more surface area then the GS1, both suits made for the same guy, and the Mach 1 is even larger. A Mach 1 will here shortly.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Do the arms come forward(swept forward?) like the other Zwing suits?

Of course a pic would be nice if possible.

no, it's more of the traditional angle but the wing extends past the waist

these are the pics i could find

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2006-09/2006-09_p05.html#navbar
black suiti at top
http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-photos/2006-09/2006-09_p28.html#navbar
black and yellow suit in middle

i had a few flights on the first version of the suit over summerfest @SDC and i was impressed with the range and speed of the suit for my body type. Only comparing those few flights to more v1 fights, the range seemed larger on the tony suit.
i'm sure larger, heavier fliers will have different opinions about it, but expect it would be positiive too.

flocking in that suit was a bit challenging with low # fliers since thier fall rates were in the high 70's-80s but with good fliers closer to 60, it was much easier

*edit. i guess what i refered to as the nebulea in earlier threads (eg. that eagle thread by nate) was actually the mach 1

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

you know what. i'm not sure what the mach 1 is.. is it different than the nebula?
anywho, i found another pic of the nebula.. and those pics above are probably of the nebula to

http://www.tonysuits.com/Eagle%20Wing.php4
lower right pic. just imagine it without the webbies since the initial design didn't have them.

The Mach 1 is entirely different than the Nebula. The Nebula has webbies and swept-forward wings. The Mach 1 does not; it has grippers and swept back wings. The legwing on the Mach1 is considerably wider than the V1 or V2. It's very wide and Jeff likes it that way. The legwing on the Nebula (and the eagle) are Vampire width.

No, none of the Tony or Jeff designs currently has a BASE pouch, but I am sure you could order one. Yes, the wings on both the Nebula and the Mach 1 are very, very large and require some concentration to locate the BOC without grabbing a handfull at pull time. This doesn't seem to bother either Jeff (on his big black suit, the Mach 1) or Scotty Burns in his Nebula.

An interesting thing to note about that pic is that his legwing is curved DOWNWARDS. Scott Bland and I watched some video footage of this in awe... the legwing will be curved upwards like you'd expect for a few seconds, then without warning it will invert and curve downwards, alternating back and forth at a varying rate. We could not make sense of it, although our best guess was that the airflow coming over the top of his rig had something to do with it.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The suit i flew was jeff's design - big and black. he had it when he flew up for the last weekend of the event and didn't have it for WFFC... so it was the mach 1 i guess :S.
either way it flew. :D still would be nice to know which suit i'm actually commenting on. If you see jeff, ask him for me to know for sure.

I doubt you can get a base pouch on any of the Tony suits. Look at where your legstraps are and where a leg pouch goes, I think there is a conflict.
there might be space, but then the leg pouch would be pretty far up on your butt, almost in the same place as the boc.