skyjumpsteve

Pepperell flocks October 14'th

Great weekend of flocking at Pepperell. Saturday we had some nice 5 and 6 ways and Sunday saw the first ever 8 way flock at Pepperell. If I hadn't gone to the Pats game we would have had a 9 way! Oh well...there is always next weekend. So congrats to Reed, Ted, Rich, Ricardo, Ken, Justin, Nik and Lurch (who is psyched to finally be flying his new S6) on the 8 way...let's get a couple more and make it 10! Current forecast for Saturday is sunny and nice.

My final comment for the weekend:
-Owie! My arms hurt- Last jump of the evening tonight 121 seconds from 10,300 feet open by 2100 so I don't get scolded again. Highest fallrate was 53 mph right before I pitched. Nothing I couldn't do in my GTI, but where the GTI maxes out of available lift, the 6 is just getting started. The S6 was worth waiting for. I can fly it, but man does it whup my ass. When I get my arms used to the loading I bet 3:30 from 14 is doable...
More flocks this weekend! And we got a bunch of jumpers here closing on the 200 mark who have stated intentions of joining the flock... I bet by next season's end we can do an entire 20+ bird planeload...
Nik got some AWESOME exit shots... I had a blast exiting last, standing on my tail and dropping to the group watching it form up... Flying with more and more birds has been forcing me fly in some really creative directions and I haven't had this much fun since crowd-surfing the security people in front of the sound stage in the mosh pit at the Nine Inch Nails show at The Centrum in '96.
Hell yeah!
Tweet!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

this weekend was epic. nice flying everyone!!!! steve we missed u on sunday but you missed more. it was awe inspiring to look around and see all the birds. we wil be flocking saturday, any and all birds nearby (any experience level welcome) please attend. I will supply free beer for all birds. great job flying this weekend guys
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits