SBCmac

S6 vs. V1 or V2

Robi, what technique do you use to pop-up (i.e. convert some of the insane V-2 forward speed into more lift for a short period of time)? Bending knees, closing the leg wing a little, pushing the grippers down, or something else?
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Enough theory... From the field: V2 opened a new very technical 1200m cliff flight in Germany today. As you can imagine, max perfomance for both starting and gliding was mandatory. Simply put, V2 rules the world! ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.

No Video???
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Does that mean that either you or the guy with the camera sucked??? :P

Scott C.

It's just what Yuri says.....all wingsuit flights when videoed from the exit point are like squashing a bug on the computer screen and staring at it :D:D.

Obviously this is not a two way .because the cliff is technical and was being opened(jumped for the first time) on this jump.

Kris.

The Mach 1 just came into production this week. I've been jumping the prototype of this suit for a few months and nobody can touch the lift or forward speed of this suit. I have jumped almost every wingsuit on the market and none of them have the power of the Mach 1. Now I know some of you might say that my opinion is bias because I designed this suit. Be that as it may, the performance will speak for itself. Straight flight no dives between 6,000 and 2,500 ft I achieved 19mph vertical and 139mph horizontal, This is G.P.S. data from one jump. The wind was l/v 5 to 10kts. The production version performs even better, I'll try to get some G.P.S. numbers for it. Please don't try to land without a fully inflated canopy. Thank you, come again. Jeff Nebelkopf
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Straight flight no dives between 6,000 and 2,500 ft I achieved 19mph vertical and 139mph horizontal

A 7:1 G.R. is significantly better than modern canopies (after decades of evolution) can achieve. Don't be surprised if people doubt those claims. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hi Jeff,

Can you please post some pictures? :)
Can you also clarify if the 19mph is the average vertical speed and if the 139 mph is the average horizontal speed?

19mph is probably the same descent rate as a canopy. I jump a Sab2 170 loaded around 1.1 and it travels down 16 to 19fps. 19mph down is just under 28 fps.

It would be interesting to see you fly next to a canopy (maybe a velocity loaded at 2.0?) and just keep gliding away into the distance all the time staying above it.

Kris.

Yeah, with the M1 if you find yourself too far out from the LZ instead of pitching early you fly the suit cause it glides twice as well as any canopy. Must be in the paraglider range....not bad. ;):D
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

[url]http://www.tonysuits.com/

I don't think the mach one is on their website yet but it'll have their contact info. (Or you could PM the designer, who's posted on this thread already:P)

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Straight flight no dives between 6,000 and 2,500 ft I achieved 19mph vertical and 139mph horizontal, This is G.P.S. data from one jump.

Have you had the chance to make some more GPS measurements? I usually make numerous flights to draw conclusions from GPS data, it can be a bit "noisy".

(7:1 is the GR of a paraglider or a Cessna 150)
BASEstore.it