sdctlc

How are you tracking you Jumps? VISO or Neptune??

What I mean is waht are you using to get a Freefall Flight Time and Freefall Speeds. I have been thinking about getting a VISO now that it has been released BUT I know a lot of Neptunes are out there.

Has anybody tried a VISO with wingsuiting??? It is way less then the Neptune and I am really only interested in the profiles it can produce.

If anybody has used it let me know what you think!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hi Scott,

I own a VISO and have been jumping it a few times now.

The logbook holds the following information for every jump:
Jump number
Exit altitude
Deployment altitude
Freefall time
Max. speed in freefall
Max. speed under canopy

For the last jump you can playback the altitude versus time or speed versus time. Unfortunately you can not download the data like the protrack and make nice Excell graphs to show off withB|.

what is potentially very interesting for wingsuiters is the possibility to display your freefall speed instead of your altitude. This should make it possible to see in real time the effects of adjusting your body shape to you freefall rate. Just make sure you won't start thinking you are steadily hovering at 50.00ft:P

I mounted mine on a chest mount for this purpose but haven't been able to try it yet. I am wondering about one thing though. I understand that a different altitudes can be detected between a chest mount and wrist mount because of the different air pressure, but wouldn't the change in pressure (and thereby the speed) be the same?
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?