katiebear21

Tony Suits... The Lady Flyer

Look out ladies - Tony is cooking up something special and has been working hard on it for some time. Fitted like the Female Pit/Space suit, it has many interesting features. Some of the male prototype suits have been on the boogie circuit for a few months and you can expect to see at least a few Lady Flyers this weekend at the Z-Flock as well as at the Chick's Rock Boogie!!!

I picked up one today that fits me and plan on taking it to Sebastian tomorrow!B|

Thanks Tony for selecting me as a prototype "tester" and for working to get the suit fitting "just right"! Can't wait to jump it!B|

We'll see if we can get Flora to post some pics of hers soon - my digi's out of commission right now.[:/]

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Absolutely! Even the single skin suit (no air-foils) that Lea is jumping provides average lift and drive.

I'm headed out to Sebastian now - hopefully I'll get to jump the suit. More details to follow on the suit plus pics...B|

A few things I've noticed I like already:

- no need to "sew" the arm wing; legstraps go outside the suit so as long as the legstraps are easy to assemble it's easy to get in and out of; just leave it hooked up all day.

- wings like the Tony Camera Suit with excellent air intakes for both backflying and bellyflying; clip easy to release.

- ability to reach your risers as long as the wing is sewn properly and the clips are released

- excellent air intake on the leg wing which is larger than my classic.

- fitted for the ladies - one of my favorite features

- spandex along the side to aid in reaching risers

- elastic piece at the wrist that goes around the thumb to hold the suit more securely in place.

- magnetic tabs at the bottom of the zipper

- an extra piece of velcro running parallel to the bottom of the leg wing that can be released in order to pull the zipper up; made for those not quite so agile (hmmmm - Tony).

Will post pics of all the features this weekend!B|

Katie

OK, so here's the first couple of ground shots of the Lady Flier. I'll get more pics up once we get a hold of a better camera.

You know there are more than enough pictures of us geezers posing in our living rooms or some dark corner of the dz in our new suits. I was hoping that shots of the lady flyer would include some lady flyers.

Bird ladys this is your call. Show us your feathers.

C'mon boys, halloween is just around the corner. Besides, if you really want to see the Ladies in the Flyer suit, you should get out here and take it yourself! Or just wait until Katie gets her camera...

Flora

-Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

No more than the wing that any camera flyer jumps. The way the wing tensions upward in flight that hole basically disappears. It's positively not been an issue on any of Tony's and Jeff's designs to this point whether front or backflying. I think Jeff spends more time flying on his back than anyone I know other than SLOmar.

Chuck

I hope nobody anywhere is doing that.

I've actually seen several BASE jumpers pulling on their back. It started out as a trick (called the Higgly Wiggly because the first guy to do it was DJ Higgins), but lately I've seen folks doing it because they want to film someone else, and they don't want to take the time to flip over before pulling. The trick is basically to pitch and then roll over as the canopy comes off your back, and it's surprising how well it works when done properly. Obviously, there's some serious potential for things to go wrong, too.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think I know what you're saying - I have some great video in flight but don't have many stills. I think Matt has some great ones from this last weekend on his site - lemme look...

Ok, here is a pick - that's me in the yellow/fuscia in the somewhat arched body position in the back. The wing attaches to the leg slightly lower than the hip but poses no problem at pull time at all. In fact, because there's no "sewing" of wing to body, the hole is merely for the legstrap that goes OUTSIDE the wingsuit instead of in. Most suits make it possible to reach your risers w/out unzipping or releasing the quick release on the leg. That was kind of Tony's point in using his years of experience on camera suits building a different kind of wingsuit.

Katie