mccordia

How was your weekend :)

The saterday started with a wingsuit jump from A Fokker F60.
The plane had a run in at 240 mph:o

With the small side-door, I was worried about getting spun around as soon as I just got a tip of my wing out the door, so I dit a normal arched exit (all wings closed) waited for a few seconds to bleed of a bit of speed, and then opened up my wings.
I was quite a distance below the airplane when I did this, but the amount of lift I got from the speed was insane. It pushed me right back up to the level of the airplane.

Being back at your exit altitude 10 seconds into your jump is definately a weird, weird experience! (but an awesome one I'd be sooo happy/eager to repeat)

In hindsight, I could have opened up my wings as soon as I cleared the rear-stabilo, and gotten much more lift out of the speed I had at that point. But damn...if you ever get a chance to jump this (Dutch!!) plane...do so!

The day ended with a big party at the DZ, with roughly 150 to 200 people attending. Was cool..and waaayyy late (or was it way early?)
Then on sundaymorning (6 AM..ugggh) I went of to Shaffen (Belgium) to join Costyn, Alex and Lee (GordySkydiver) who had already been doing a lot of flying on saterdayB|
Hans (aka) gadget and Bassie joined us for some flocking fun later that day as well.
Alex also showcased some amazing close-combat wingsuit flying (I think I have teeth-marks on my crotch!??:S)

And to complete the fun, when a one hour holding was announced due to heavy air-traffic from Antwerp, the center flew us to another DZ for a jump-in (Zwartberg) where we landed, packed, and (as the holding was over) flew back to Schaffen voor another jump-in.
How awesome is that!
Expect two videos on that weekend soon (costyn is editing the video on saterday, Im doing the sunday)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Saturday started off ulgy because of fog that would not lift. Finally got a jump mid day. Playing with body position in my GTi and got some decent low speeds for the second half of the jump. It's fun when you hit the right spot and it just seems like you aren't falling and your altimiter isnt' moving.

Sunday was 8-way speed CRW practice. The top guy (pilot) had to cut away from a stack on the first jump. Never fun goin "Who is free falling past our formation" when there was no one else on the plane, and all parachutes looked like they were still in formation.

we had a pretty sick one too ... went out to a place called Nylstroom outside Pretoria which is the capital of South Africa (geography lessons aside) to jump the infamous PAC from 12.5k. Me and my friend Rob Kruger have been talking about doing this jump for a long time and we finally got round to it :) ) BUT AS THEY say ....until its on video .... it didnt happened :( but we had a super weekend!

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

We need more happy threads like this, lets make it a monday-morning thing (again)B|

(geography lessons aside)

I know where that is..half my family is south-african and I've been visiting. So, been there, done that...and yes...even got the T-shirt:P
Havent jumped in SA yet though...never been outside europe (ok besides Russia..which is technicaly Asia right?)
Would be cool to finaly make my way over to jump with the americans sometime..(but England is up first...as I need to visit my long lost twin brother..miss him soo much:(:P)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

i know its far but you guys have to make plan ! South Africa is going off ~ we have sunshine days Johannesburg for more than 300 days out of 360 a year B| and 3 dropzones in a 150kms raduis all with turbine planes B|B| filled with waaaaay nice and friendly people B|B|B| snizzzeeellllsssss for my niizzeellllssss

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Great to hear!

Hope you guys had a ball at Texel (and you maybe managed to squeeze a wingsuitflight in)

The video from Schaffen is nearly done, and will be online in a day or soB| It was great jumping with you! It sure was a bunch of cool jumps. Chasing Costyn and Alex through their dubble-roll routine, the slotswapping. Your rodeo! That weekend rocked!

See you again soon..somewhere! (might be dropping over to the UK in a bit, to jump with blender-on-helmet-boy;))

Cheerio!
J

p.s.
Hope your stomache has recovered from my impromptu home-cooking experimentsB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

p.s.
Hope your stomache has recovered from my impromptu home-cooking experimentsB|

Not quite, but we are getting better.:)
I did couple of WS jumps at Texel, heading for Göteborg tonight!
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk