worldsocold

V2 TROUBLE WITH REACHING PC HANDLE???

just got V2 having trouble reaching pc handle. is this normal? it's my first BIG suit. been flying an ACRO for all my other jumps. SO maybe i just need to get used to the bigger wings? but.......

if anybody has any advice please feel free to school me. please.

thanks.
NPS SUX ASS

If you are using your PC from your BOC, then you'll likely have to switch over to the leg pouch. If you are already using the leg pouch, then I can't help you as I only have a V1 and no troubles reaching the PC from the leg pouch on it.
Its just different:)Later
Blair

just got V2 having trouble reaching pc handle. is this normal? it's my first BIG suit.

It's an adjustment, you'll get used to it. Make sure you reach around the wing instead of through it. Start with your hands in the middle of the BOC and slide outward. Start your pull sequence higher until you get used to it. The wing on the V2 really wants to stay inflated due to the shoulder inlets, but I pull from the BOC every time and have had no trouble.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

It's often a little difficult at first when you switch up to a larger wing. Like the other folks said; start your pull higher, don't rush the pull ... let the wings and grippers get out of the way for you, touch your fingers together on the bottom of your container and drag them across to grab the handle. A little practice and it'll all be second nature.

Oh, and don't go in. ;)

i was told i could use it from my BOC. and i would like to.

you can and people have already explained how.

however the leg pouch is much nicer. i guess you'd like to because it's what you know. leg pouch is the way to go....

however the leg pouch is much nicer. i guess you'd like to because it's what you know. leg pouch is the way to go....

Sure....
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=fxh0n
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2410285;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Start by putting the suit on when your not on a call or in a rush and just practice reaching around the wing while on the ground. Once you have a feel for it, go ahead and jump. After you make your first left/right turn off of the line of flight, go ahead and do a few practice pulls to see what shutting the suit down feels like and to touch your hack. If you find you're not getting a clean grasp on your hack, remember you can always grab your ass and slide your hands up until they hit the bottom of the container and then move them outward until you find the hack. Have fun :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

thanks i appreciate everything.

when i get back from work ill try to put some of your advice to work. and try the thing on.
also can somebody explain the set up on the leg pouch and the shrival flap thing. it is a little weird to me. also i've read that the leg pouch isnt alll that good for aerials especially back flying right. i like back flying sooo.......

later
NPS SUX ASS

it is a little weird to me. also i've read that the leg pouch isnt alll that good for aerials especially back flying right. i like back flying sooo.......

sooo... you do know that the V2 isn't designed or intended for backflying nor aerials, right?? I'm sure you may get away with it but you'll have to learn to use the BOC.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

My first two V1 jumps I used leg pouch and really wasn't happy finding it in freefall - could never find it first time, only after fumbling. I did multiple sets of 2 practice pulls, and each time I only got it cleanly on the 2nd try. But I could easily find the corner of my container where it WOULD be if I'd packed it BOC. 3rd jump onwards I packed it BOC and been fine since then, done about 100 on V1 now. Just my preference.
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school