wildchild

So how was the PAC at Nylstroom??

Oh my word !!! that plane was incredible, actually not just the plane, the organizing and the altitude was insane. We had some great flights - V1 and S3s maxed out together from 13k to 3k (while i type this is im trying to keep my grin down). We are planning some bigger ways at Nylstroom for Oct/Nov. Wildchild let the flock down there know....the sheat is coming B|B|B|

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Hows the PAC for wingsuits?
I havent jumped one..curious about exit speeds and the rear-stabilasor...any issue's (or good things) about that one?

And maxed flocking..those must have been awesome distances flownB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hows the PAC for wingsuits?

Raeford has had a PAC for some time now. The tail is a big issue as most know and the exit speed reminds me of hanging outside of a King Air on jump run but not quite as bad. IMO, it's a pain in the ass to sit in with your booties on if the A/C has straddle seats,especially if you have a group of birds. Seems like every time I exit from inside the A/C I bump my head or pack tray on some part of the ceiling or door frame prior to exit. The best thing about the PAC is the time to altitude and thats about it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The horizontal stabilizer on the PAC scares the shit out of me. If you even do a mild pop out the door you'll hit it .. and I don't think you'll be the first.

People have jumped out of ours (Cirrus in Sweden) with max camera-wings and not been close to hit it, but with a WS, don't open the wings until you are behind the plane. A new WS flyer was just an inch from the tail after opening the wings too soon.

We've had a lot of FFers hit the front wing though.

Its a matter of how you fly it too. In the beginning our pilots didn't use so much flaps and had the tail lower (I believe that was because some error could cause the flaps to lock at height).

i wont lie the rear stabilizer is pretty damn low, first exit i went out on my back so i could keep an eye on the thing, wings closed for half a sec and you clear it easily but it WONT be forgiving if you pop straight out the door. [:/]BE SCARED[:/] It really is something you cant forget when you jump this plane. I usually jump a King Air or a Pilatus Porter and I found the exit speed kinda mid the two, not super porter slow but not as fast as the king air. The Pac we just got has a HUGE door and loads of rails. There is plenty of space - one jump i exited on my back at the front of the door with 3 guys facing me also in the door ... loads of space (like said I'm used to a king air door)

Max flying - was so awesome ! we kept over flying the spot because we had more altitude and the run in was slower than the Kingair's speed obviously - plus we were SUPER amped, getting more and more distance and time on every load (after some energy bars and caffeine:ph34r:) - there is a big high way running parallel to the dz, was so cool tracking right above it for a few miles over taking all the cars below B|

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

I had a few jumps from the pac 2 weeks ago we made a few 6 ways and that is about the limit for a flok if you want the exit to be tight. The door rail in the sealing is so low that the 7th jumper cant get out the door in a hurry

Bo
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

The PAC750 sucks. For wingsuits and large formation RW, it's not fun to exit out that "incredibly shrinking door", as you run toward the rear to exit. Also it stalls easily when you have a large chuck exiting outside.
But, if that's all your DZ has, deal with it........:D

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com