sdctlc

Oregon "ALL OF THE ABOVE BOOGIE", Who Will Be there??

Yes, Ed, you heard right. Talked to the fishman yesterday and he is planning to grace SDO with a special guest appearance for a day. This is a good opportunity for the young birds to hang out with a high-caliber flier instead of the jokesters and riff-raff like Vectorboy and myself (ok, maybe just me). It'll be a great time I'm sure.
;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I'll be there.
Kirk

Will fish hook be there or will he be too busy BASE'n? Maybe I shouldn't call him that on a forum he can't defend himself on or do you guys use it as a term of endearment ?Haven't heard from him a almost a year.

Getting tickets now.

I am not sure who you mean? If you are talking about Steve or (manbird) I am not sure if he will make it or not. He has been real busy with his music career. If you are talking about Ray or (shotgun Ray) I have not seen him out there in a while.
Kirk

Hey sdctlc my wife and I are from Poulsbo.

As a junior birdman wanna-be, I have a question for everyone.
I attempted a wingsuit rodeo with Scott at our Dz last weekend. It was very cool. Great exit. I was laying across his back instead of sitting on his waist. We spun a liitle before he shook me off. Any feedback.
I'd love to try this again during the SDO boogie.

We spun a liitle before he shook me off. Any feedback.

Alittle off thread but, yes. Before you ever rodeo with a wingsuit flyer, have a predetermined signal and altitude for the rider to get the hell off. There was an incident involving a lowtime jumper and a relatively lowtime wingsuit flyer a couple months ago. The rider amazingly hung on through an outragous tmbling exit. The wingsuit flyer was eventually able to get stable with her still on, heading the wrong direction away from the DZ, then she continued to ride him through about 2500ft. At that point he tried to roll her off but she hung on. He was finally able to shake her going through 2k, made a quick turn back toward the DZ and pitched his pc unstable. He had massive line twist and had his first reserve ride. They did even come close to making it back to the DZ. So have a couple of signals to know when to get the hell off, and altitudes set, so if it tumbles, you know not to hold on.....

I'm sure we can find someone for you to ride during the Boogie. ;)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Never been to the east coast. But put me on the list. Not the stupid list though. Just the AOTA Boogie list. Unless I can't make it. That would be stupid.

Sunday at Barker? Maybe Sat. afternoon too? Or at Snohomish? My feathers are getting itchy.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Ed, Glenn got some nice vid of the one I did Monday morning after the Lodi boogie, in case the video is finished soon (or ever) ;)

Martini and Patterson: Sunday at Northwest, be there or you're square.
Patterson: You are, of course, attending AOB right??
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Looks like my Plan A on how to get to the DZ from Portland airport is out the window. So Plan B: Are there any local jumpers passing by or anyone else arriving in Portland Friday around 2:45pm that might be able to offer a ride? I swear I will have freshly bathed, be on my best behavior(no farting in the car) and you can have my bag of airline peanuts. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This public service announcement has been brought to you by "Monkey needs a ride, pleeeeease!"

And now back to our previously scheduled program.

:ph34r:boy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

So Plan B: Are there any local jumpers passing by or anyone else arriving in Portland Friday around 2:45pm that might be able to offer a ride?

I'll see if anyone from our side of town is coming by the airport around that time. I'm not sure if we'll be going out to the DZ early or late on Friday. Are you camping out?