notsane

Z-Flock and Dock 2.5

Awesome day, 7 flocks total - none less than a 9-way. It just got better every load. Caught some cloud on one. Katie had the new Tony Suit wired on her second jump. Scott flew base like a laser guided missile. Micky and Scott conspired to get us perfect spots. Scotty B got the hang-onto-the-outside-of-the-plane-the-longest award. (It is going to be a long time before that one is broken - and it is on video and it did happen.) Matt provided excellent debrief video. Cameras on just about every other helmet (and Jeff's hand) so there has got to be a few good shots out of all that. And, on the sunset load, Scott had cold beer waiting for us in the LZ - and thank you Janet for distributing. All this on the first day - looking forward to the rest of the weekend. Yup, just another flockin' day in paradise. Can't wait for some more of that 3-D stuff. Two more days - yahoo!

I cannot believe that Matt has not posted pics from yesterday and Friday. I am going to stick his head in a toilet first thing this morning.

He was probably too busy playing with himself in his tent-- being away from his girlfriend and all. :P:P

I'm sure he'll have them up after he does some work on them at home. In the mean time-- no toilet whirlies, please!

I usually don't poke my nose in on a reply in here, but I just couldn't resist. :D

Hope you guys are having fun!!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Thanks to everyone for showing up, especially those who came from out of state - Matt, Brian, Nate, and Purple Mike (sorry if I missed anyone). Lots of good jumps for sure. I will have some pictures posted on my site within a day or two, and a video coming later. :)
Also thanks to Scott for organzing, and to Skydive City and Morpheus / Phoenix-Fly for making this event possible again.

EDIT: Here is a picture, the rest coming soon. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

We had a good event. It was a manageable crowd (average flock size was 12) and perfect weather. There were a total of 22 wingsuit loads; I did 17 of them. We had two reserve rides (Mark and Scotty's new girlfriend), but no injuries. Everyone landed on airport too.

We built some very clever formations:
-plenty of "BFV's"
-double chevrons
-stacked V's
-"the double flying vagina with video penetration"
-"the vertical true vagina with triple penetration"
-a tall stack
-a tall vertial V
-wedge
-"the true Z"
-a muff brothers initiation wingsuit dive (five new muff brothers)

Some of the dives were a real hoot! Ultimately, we all had a great time and made a ton of fun, fairly technical skydives. People had the opportunity to jump pretty much any suit they wanted and every single skydive had suits from nearly every manufacturer.

Here's what was all flying together:
-at least six different variants of Tony Z-wings and J-birds
-one S6
-four S3's
-one Firebird
-at least six Vampires (mostly V1's, but there were two V2's that did not get flown)
-one back-vented Phantom
-one Matter 3

The evening meals that Janine cooked were excellent, as usual. The only thing that sucked at all about the event was all the love bugs flying around and getting onto and into stuff. It was very disturbing and I can't wait till they are gone.

One thing I can say for sure is this: there is not a single dropzone in the entire United States that has as many full-time wingsuiters than Z-hills. We positively kill it here.

Hey, it's 10:30 am on Monday morning and I have to go outside and get on an Otter.

Peace, fools!

Chuck

Thanks to everyone for showing up and thanks to Rob and Morpheus for continuing to support the event.

The experience level was higher than I've ever seen before .. we were able to do formations this time that we've had in mind for 2 years.

I got 20 jumps in 3 days and had one HELL of a good time.

Planning is already in the work for Z-Flock and Dock 3.0 and if the expestec lift capacity come through, this will be the one you won't want to miss.

Gimme TWO, Fool!

Speaking of expected lift capacity, let's start getting the speeds down some :P

The tail wing on my MTR3 blew out on the last dive on Saturday.

Ahh well, I needed an excuse to buy a new suit anyway :)
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?