tigepigeon

Training in orlando

So I will be in Orlando for work the weekend of Sept 10. I know there are many skydive opportunities in that area, and I would like to devote 3 days to skydiving couching. I am currently student status with 21 jumps. What do you guys suggest if you were in my shoes?

I'd suggest getting off your couch, and actually doing it! ;)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

AHHH! beat me to it! :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I would do DeLand or Zhills.

But being in Orlando, I would also do the tunnel. I used to take students to the tunnel and then to Zhills to jump the rest of the day.

It is a very productive method of training.

Sally Hathaway runs tunnel camps (Tunnelcoach.com) and coaches in Zhills.

Chromy is a very skilled coach that does both and works out of DeLand.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

My two cents...

To be clear ... I am VERY new to the sport but I have experience at Skydive Deland and Skydive Space Center (Titusville)...

Deland is MUCH more friendly towards students and coaching. Space Center is really cool for tandem jumps but they are definitely the priority there.

I have not met an instructor at Deland that is not friendly and willing to give students advice.

I am currently enrolled in Deland's AFF and cannot say enough about the professionalism, DZ facilities, and aircraft.

Have fun!

There are plenty of coaches in Deland. Besides Chromy and Skydive U,, Carl Daughtery is also most excellent. If you want a coach who will also do tunnel training, I suggest Ari Perleman. I just did tunnel time with him last week and I learned a ton! PM me if you want more info, Deland is my home dz. I'll hook ya up. ;)

Edit: Ari isn't the only one who can do tunnel training, he's just the only one I have personal experience with.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Deland would be my first choice, it's only about 40 minutes from Orlando....IMHO avoid Spacecoast simply because the instructors will be doing tandems all day and probably won't have much time for you. I'm working on my AFF now at Deland....PM me and I will give you the number of a great instructor at Deland that would probably meet you at the Orlando tunnel.
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

+1 for carl!!! Him frazer and niki are all amazing. Had a combo of them throughou my short stint at deland, no matter where i go deland will always be my home.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I had niki for pretty much all of my aff and had frazer as well both great guys, be carefull what you say around carl though, he is a thirsty old man :D

LMAO. yeah, carl is hilarious, gotta watch him though, hes a sneaky one. :D;)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.