mccordia

Germany - An 72 boogie (Guinness Record etc)

- The rest of the UK gang, for reuniting me with my long lost evill twin brother..Mecca....DUDE!! LOVE YA MAN!!!

Here they are, the two village idiots of the boogie. :)

Heeeeeey... i resent the use of the word village!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

- The rest of the UK gang, for reuniting me with my long lost evill twin brother..Mecca....DUDE!! LOVE YA MAN!!!

Here they are, the two village idiots of the boogie. :)

Heeeeeey... i resent the use of the word village!

Yea..but spell it backwards and its suddenly quite a fun word!
egalliv! which most probably means worm-eating-prostitute with hairy breasts in some baltic language!

Its definitely going to suck, coming back to my home dropzone and doing all that lame and easy sub-30 way stuff...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And i was wondering anybody want to see the video of the Bird stripping babes.....?? Naaa i will just keep it for my self

Yeaaaaaaaah... Last night I was going through the pictures I made during the evening in question, and in many pictures you are featured as well, hovering around the strippers with your video camera. I definitely think you should edit and post a video of that... B|:ph34r::)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Holy shit what a good week!

Far too much say...

The flock from Sibson all came out for a bit a of flying, and holy moly thats what we got! The first jump was an awesome 8 way (just the UK peeps) in 3D which flew vedry well.. than after that, i dont think think there was anthing smaller than a 28 way. Oh the hardships...!

The record breaking jump was very cool, but for me, the 42 way we made straight after was just amazing. It felt so damn good and everyone was flying really tightly.

There were amazing jumps made all week and total gratitude to the pilots for making sure we didn't get out under 16K, sometimes at 18.5!! Thats not bad for a jumpt ticket!

The food was a bit a of a let down and the lack of covered packing area was a bit of a pain, but other than that, this boogie rocked FOOOOOK JA!

It was so mad, the airport we were jumping at was better than the one we landed at coming from the UK. Very odd...!

Such an awesome place to jump. You CANNOT get lost people, its a 4KM runway with masses of landing area. Seriously, i've never known such a big landing area... in fact, there were four of them, plus all the other space around the runways... then of course there was the MILLIONS of pretty much hazzard free outs all round the place. This is defiantely the best place i've been to for wingsuit flying. I already can't wait for next year!

I met so many very cool people, i'm not even going to try and name all of them, but... big props to...

Bo, dude, you were an awesome base, but why did you feel the need to kick me in the nuts? I'm no longer sure i can have children...
Rolf, Wolf... You guys put an awesome boogie and well done for getting SO many birds in the one place at the same time
Mark Harris for flying the best damn camera i have EVER seen. Holy shit!
Steve for his sharking, and his ability to get a boner while dancing on a bar. Class.
Duncan for getting injured (It wasn't me this time... FOOK JA!!)
Scott/Jari/Rolf/Mark for world class load organising
The dude who invented the AN 72... what a jump ship!
Betsy for bringing strawberrys, hmmmmmmm....nice!
Taya for showing up and putting up with the british contingent
Costyn and J Lo.. FOOK JA!
and of course... my long lost evil twin... Jarno. Dude seriously... i always wondered what the scar was down the side of my body... now i know!

all in all...

Was it a good boogie?

JA? FOOOOOOOOOOOOK JA!!B|
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I arrived at the DZ at 1 a.m. on Thursday morning, tired after a hiking trip, thinking I would just collapse into my tent... oh how wrong I was, the bar was full of familiar faces and the beer started flowing B|B|

The event got better from there! More wingsuit pilots gathered in one place than EVER BEFORE!! :)
The record jump went to plan and we could return focus to flying some of the biggest formations ever attempted.

Thanks to everyone for such a memorable event, not just the jumps but the laughs "apres flock".

Macca and Jarno turned out to be two chemicals best kept apart ;)

Thank you to Giulio and Giorgio for persuading the girls to wear the wingsuits :)
A big thank you to Rolf, Scott, Jari and everyone from the DZ staff for organising such an excellent and efficient event.

Mark, Tobius, David and Giulio also did a great job with the video / photo.

Roll on next year!!

Long flights

J

ps. a few photos attached
BASEstore.it

AaaMen! What an awesome time!

As you first arrive you are presented with the maddest DZ ever! Its got a proper control tower, baggage handling rooms, the works!

Thanks to everyone for such an amazing time. I'll be buzzing for the next couple of weeks atleast!!

The whole operation was so well organised and all the staff had a smile on their face the whole time!

Amazing jumps during the day, I mean the 48way was done from 18,500ft which lastest almost 3 minutes and averaged 60mph!!!!

It was so great to meet that many birdmen/women in one place and everyone learnt so much, with the debriefs (which I'm guessing were held somewhere around passport control) left everyone exclaiming FookYa!! as we watching them on the projector.

Evenings were spent drinking beer and watching the video from the day. Those guys did a great job of getting the video out that quick!

So thanks again to everyone for making that an amazing boogie.

Same time next year?
Toally Awwwwsome Dudes!!!
Steve

Bwahahaha!! yes... that photo really does need to be uploaded!!

Here's the series in question... hehehe...

Remember, pictures probably not safe for work... :$

Hey Betsie, I'll be uploading that "PURE" one of you later, so don't think you're getting away with it

Dude read my earlier post!
Besides...everyone knows that I am prim and proper at ALL times. I do not have a spontaneous, fun bone in my body! :P
I deny everything!:$

Yo!

So, was it just 2 Ladies per 70 Dudes??? L/D = 0.029?! That's pretty lame L/D. Shouldn't it be, like, 100x greater? ;)

Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

hey dudes
i really loved jumping with you that week.
It was very very entertaning and i must say i really learned alot that week and we def. set a higher level on wingsuit flying in that week ...
and big thanks to the uks ... i had a great time with you

Yes Frau Barnhaus, PURE! At all times! ;) It was awesome seeing you in Germany, and can't wait to see you again soon in the USA.

I had such a great time at this boogie and learned more than I thought I had room for in my brain... thanks especially to the organizers. A lot went on behind the scenes to make this thing happen and you guys all rock! Also to the crazy UK boys for the singing, sharking, PIMMS, and general entertainment--loved it. Wouldn't have been the same without you.

Next year, same time same place...?

JA!

FOOKJA!

-T
It's the Year of the Dragon.

Well, as most of you must have gotten in your email, we didn't make the 70-way for some silly reason. 2 people put their names on both cilpboards and so were counted twice, leaving us short (slots which could have been filled by reserve people). Too bad they didn't do a headcount before we entered the plane.

In an email from Rolf:

...dear BIRDS,

after days of counting and checking, and counting and checking again, we have to realize that we did a 69-way, and not, like intended, a "70-way plus Video".

Two of you signed up twice, once in each list*, and nobody of the Chief-Instructors noticed.
When we boarded, I was busy with safety-stuff and didn't count myself. We looked at the Exit-Video several times: 69. And the list(s) show that there were-2-names listed twice.

So? No Guinness. :(

B u t? a Record, which nobody has set before, so we will claim it as a WORLD-RECORD, and therefore I sent already a list with all our names to Mike Truffer from SKYDIVING MAGAZINE, USA, and also Jari Kuosma will publish it soon on www.bird-man.com.. We will set a new and better and bigger Record, and the plan is already in my head... :)

When www.mdskydive.de comes up with details for 2007, I will let you know.

I am very proud of you and of what we have done, guys. And please let me say THANK YOU again, thank you for coming and flying with me and making this unique event happen.

Clear skies
ROLF BROMBACH
BM-C-I

* for to save time in the morning-briefing, there were -2-lists going around, for to catch all names, remember?

And in a more upbeat note, the group picture from just before the attempt and a list of names of people that were on it on birdman.com

Oh well, too bad. But, the other flights we made were so awesome I wouldn't have wanted to miss any of it! Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Costyn.

Too bad they didn't do a headcount before we entered the plane

I am not entirely sure that is correct at this moment. We need to look at Guilios video angle as well still, as he was also on the tailgate filming the exit too. When I was breaking people down into groups during the rehearsals, each group had the right amount of people to make 70 jumpers. I am waiting for Rolf to also get a copy of the mainifest(load 2 on the 15th) from the Staff as it will clearly indicate how many jumpers by name were on the load. This was one of the reasons why I was always asking people to line up before we boarded the aircraft. At the end of the day,when all is said and done, we still set 2 records and did some amazingly large tight flocks with no animal acts and no injuries and a great time was had by all.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING