mccordia

Germany - An 72 boogie (Guinness Record etc)

Its almost 4:00 Am, and we just got back home (we being me and some Aussi Rocket that I picked up along the wayB|)

The jumps we made at the boogie were just amazing.
Rolf, Scott, Jari and James did an incredible job organising everything from small 2 to 3 ways with beginners, up to a HUGE 49 way and ofcourse, the big 70way Guinness Record (which was flown in 4 squadrons of wingsuiters, all flying in the same direction with seperate squadron-leaders, smoke, camerflyers..the whole shizzle!)

And Mark Harris, David Haygart, James (and a few other flyers who's name I cant seem to remember at the moment) did an amazing job filming and photographing everything.

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~fxcordia/photo/07_july/an72_bigway.jpg

The view from the ground was incredible (from what people told us).
And the crowds completely went mad!
The sheer number of birdmen walking around the dropzone was daunting...the RW people must have felt like the way we normaly feel.
Squeezing in the front of the plane, taking up 5 to 10 slots on loads with 60 people in tight nylon and wingsB|

There where 3 groups beginners, intermediate and the more experienced guys, and the fantastic organising coached everyone to the more experienced group, and bigger and tighter formations over the whole week...

Next to the Wingsuit record, the tandem record was also reeeal close to being broken. With a few seconds determining if they made it or not (still no answer on that one, but more news from Guiness soon hopefully)

Just a short list of people to thank
- Rolf, Scott, James, Jari, Jens, Wolf and Freidel for organising.
- The fantastic group of people who sacrificed their own personal holidays to make it happen (running the bar, manifest etc)
- The strippers (GOD!! THE STRIPPERS!!!!)...two HOT girls getting naked, stripping from wingsuits is THE hottest thing to ever be seen on stage...
- The AN72 pilots...giving us 15 to 18K on almost every jump (all but one of the bigway flocks were over 2 minutes!) and also ending the boogie by giving us a last load, even though there were only 25 people to fill it. ANNNND racing a motorcycle on the runway on takeoff (motorbike beat it by a mile..but definately the most incredible takeoff all of us ever experienced!!
- Mark, for showing us some of the sickest camera-flying all of us have ever witnessed
- The rest of the UK gang, for reuniting me with my long lost evill twin brother..Mecca....DUDE!! LOVE YA MAN!!!

And there's about 200 more lines of thank you's and horrible stories I could post here..but this man needs some sleep...

More people will probably post stories and pictures here when they get home tomorrow and the day after. And lots of video is also coming your way....

For now..there's only one thing left to say...

Ja!!! FOK JAAA!!!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Gorgeous photo, I'm also awaiting the video... and more pictures! You can't talk about strippers in wingsuits without pictures. :);)

Congratulations all around, sounds like it was tremendous.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

You can't talk about strippers in wingsuits without pictures. :);)

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Warning: Pictures may be NOT Safe For Work!

That was the most amazing weekend ever. And the coolest skydives I've made. I had no idea what to expect of this boogie, but it was waaay more awesome than I could have imagined.

Thanks everyone who was there and made it happen!

FOK JAA!
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Great picture Jarno! More More More! :P

Sadly is my english so poor that i only have one drink with you (Wodka-Red Bull) on Saturday. >:(

Has anybody the email (or know this nickname here on dz.com) from this great italian guy, he show us the videos with this Laptop and Videobeamer on the end of the days?

Thanks to the staff and the BMCI's and BMI's especially to Scott for sign me his book B| and renting me a wingsuit for 5 days only for one beer!!!!!
:)
Sadly my Vampire 1 is still in repair. :(

You are a great, professional and cool guy!!!

>Has anybody the email (or know this nickname here on dz.com) from this great italian guy

You mean Giulio Petroccionne, our great Italian Television Man? B|

Look for PFI #54 on the Phoenix-Fly Website or BMI-I 005 on Birdman for contact...

Thanks to all people at Cochstedt, hopefully see you again next year!

Herwig

:(
They are not real bird-babes...

They were hot women in wingsuits. What more do you want? ;)

No, true, they weren't skydivers, but the cross section of hot chicks that skydive, fly wingsuits and do stripteases isn't very large. :P

It was a pelasure for me to met you all nice guys. It was a great event and I hope we will see us next year once more.
Special thanx to Bo for my first bird-man-jump, it was great...:)
Many greetings to all of "my" numbers (you know what I mean 304, 307, 308, 310, 350, 370, 371...) :P

Uli!!!

They are not real bird-babes...

If there are two 19 year old (dont know their real age, but in my fantasy world they are 19:P) hot, chicks, dressed in wingsuits, stripping down, drenching themselves with vodka and food, dancing like you'd normaly only see on pay-per-view channels on stage....WHO CARES!!

They could be truck drivers or dentists....THEY ARE HOT NAKED STRIPPERS WITH WINGSUITS...! Need I say more?

Anyone not living in his moms basement would give an eye and a kidney to watch this show...:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It was a great week with everyone making it work. It's not often that these events come up and being part of one is an amazing experience.

Exiting the AN72 in a wingsuit at 18,000ft (5,500 metres) is a recommended 'to be done' for all 'birds'....and hey, then flying to a flock of 45 other 'birds'...is, well let's say it's well worth the 27 Euros jump ticket :)
The following are some photos that I took on the Friday....

Hope to see you guys in Texel for the next event B|
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."...Steven Wright

What an amazing experience!!!
Cochstadt has set a new standard for all of us to work toward. Thanks so much to Rolf for having the dream in the first place and the faith of "if you build it, they will come!' And especially to Wolf, Jens and Freidle, the organisers who also shared that dream. It was an experience not to be missed.
From 1 birdman at last years event to 74 is not a bad improvement. Thanks to Scott, Yari and James for all there involvement, professionalism and wicked sense of humour!!!
Coming from downunder was a long long long trip but once i got there everyone couldnt have been more helpful. From the loaner tent to been given 5 free jump tickets for coming from the furtherest away was fantastic, and I havent even started talking about the jumping!
The JUMPING, my GOD!!! Ya FOK YA!!! Even in my wildest dreams couldnt imagine what a 45/49 way looks like let alone be in it. From day 1 it just got better and bigger. Bigger formations, different types, different positions, smoke, high altitude, everything a birdy could hope for, and best of all was the way we were being led down that path. Focus on improving, how to do things different, please ask questions and share your ideas. How good can it get???
The pics and vids coming out will tell the story and Ill get that flat spin recovery video up as soon as I can. Also a big thank you to Maria from Jii-Wings for having developed the GS1. Even tho mine was an older suit, I couldnt have wanted more. The speed of the formations was fast but for everyone who thought the GS1 was slow got a big shock, and i was nowhere near maxed out, even more so, whenever i got burbled or bumped I had no problems getting back up to the formation and keep the speed up, plus Im no lightweight either! The leg wing flapping was a pain but as I said its an older suit and the problems have been fixed, cant wait to try the new one!
After all the interest hopefully I can get some demo suits next time, once again thanks to all those who ran the event and especially thanks to all the birdys who attended to make the record possible, what a Rush
Ya FOK YA!!!!
Rocket

For those of you wondering what this huge airport was doing in the middle of nowhere (as was I), I did some digging and found the following in a document from 2000. As some expected it was a former Russian airbase, but it was renovated for freight airplanes.

Cochstedt International Airport was established to develop a former Russian military base at Cochstedt Airfield, in the former East Germany into an industrial park and freight airport. This action is strongly supported by both the federal and local governments, as it may give considerable impetus to regional economic development. The local authorities are joint venture partners with the Harz-Borde Flughafen Betreibgesellschaft mbH, which will be responsible for airport operations. The local government of Sachsen-Anhalt has classified the project as "important development for infrastructure," a classification which shows the amount of governmental support that backs the project as well as it's importance to the developing economy of the region.

Cochstedt International Airport, Inc, is located in the middle of Germany, approximately 15 miles south of the city of Magdeburg. Cochstedt International Airport is the only airport in the German Federal State of Sachsen-Anhalt, in former East Germany. The airport is built on a former Russian Military Airport, built in 1958. The primary market at Cochstedt Airport will be freight. The population density for the region is low, however, it is likely that some regional passenger services and possibly some holiday charter flights might use the airport. The airport currently has a 10,500-foot landing strip capable of handling any aircraft in the world for takeoff and landing 365 days a year, plus numerous runways, and taxiways. The instrumental landing system is installed and operating. Cochstedt International Airport has met all the requirements established by the

International Civil Aviation Organization. The airport runways, taxiways and landing strips have been constructed utilizing the cutting edge technology and as such do not have any maximum weight limits in respect to the weight of landing aircraft. The co-developed Industrial Park, has completed office buildings totaling 59,140 square feet of office space. 120 apartments have been built and are available for the workers of Cochstedt International Airport.

Business Strategy
Our business strategy is to develop Cochstedt International Airport as a traditional freight airport, serving both as a base for all-freight airline activities, and also to handle opportunistic overflows. Cochstedt will utilize it's competitive advantages as a result of its ability to offer low airport charges, the grant support available for the development of other facilities and, to a lesser extent, it's freedom from environmental constraints.

Cochstedt intends to continue the development of a full freight community based at Cochstedt. This will include handling agents, freight forwarders and trucking companies. Cochstedt intends to establish itself as the premier, full service, freight airport in Europe. A full service freight community, based at Cochstedt, will move the company towards this goal. Management will continue to be involved in the process of improving the surface links to the airport, and in particular it's access to the autobahn network.

Currently, the surrounding land that borders Cochstedt is being looked at for the expansion of the airport and the industrial complex. The company plans to build new and improve the existing physical and business infrastructure to support the development of the airport and the accompanying industrial park, to include warehouses, customs service, and computer systems. All efforts will be made to put Cochstedt at the cutting edge of the freight business.

Looks like it didn't quite work out. :P Which is fortunate for us skydivers of course. :)

The Sibons crew and I just got back into the UK from Germany a few hours ago. For all of the people that were there, I don't have to tell you, but for everyone else, you REALLY need to go to this boogie next year, it is an amazing time.I'll write more about it in a few days but I want to say thank you to everyone who came and participated be it for the whole week or just the record.

Speaking of which, I had a talk with Wolf ,one of the three event organizers on the last day as the air crew departed. If we can get another 70 + Birdmen registered on top of the 70 we had this time, he will fly in another AN-72 for next years event and Rolf and I will organize a 140 way wing suit record attempt. Everything about this event is awesome, from the AN-72 jet, to the sheer size of the DZ and the 8 minute flights to 16.5 and higher. This is truly a Birdman boogie and anyone who flys a wingsuits needs to experience this event.

And just for the record, the Sibons crew and I have decided the "Official" way it is spelled and pronounced is JA...FOOKJA:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If we can get another 70 + Birdmen registered on top of the 70 we had this time, he will fly in another AN-72 for next years event and Rolf and I will organize a 140 way wing suit record attempt.

:o:o:o

Holy Foking Shit!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

- The rest of the UK gang, for reuniting me with my long lost evill twin brother..Mecca....DUDE!! LOVE YA MAN!!!

Here they are, the two village idiots of the boogie. :)

This was really an amazing boogie! Thanks for the great birdman jumps and the fun in the night. I came with 25 birdman jumps to Cochstedt and now I was flying with a 49 and 70 way B|

Here are some of my pictures attached and here some more: AN72 Boogie 2006´

Thanks to Scott, Jari, Rolf and all others for the great briefings and videos!

FOOKJA :ph34r:
Sven Knoch

Hi and JA...FOOKJA

What a amazing Boggie that just ended I will for sure be back next Year. Thanks to you all for following my smelly smoking shoe for all of those big ways. The 21000 ft ws jump was one of the top jumps for a loooong time Thanks Sasha.
And Congrats to Jesper and Uli for joining the flock and actually Jesper was on the 70 way with just 5 or 6 ws Jumps B|B|

Jarno get that Video cut i need to see those clips again

And i was wondering anybody want to see the video of the Bird stripping babes.....?? Naaa i will just keep it for my self

JA...FOOKJA LEADER OF THE FLOCK;);)
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

As soon as its approved, check out this video.
Its the last jump made at the boogie.
It was a first try, but there will definitely be more stuff like this coming later this year...

Download

Working on the bigway video as well, awaiting some shots, but wil also upload that one asap.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?