Buried

Zwing - Tony's Suit

so apparently it will be at skyfest.. so you people better let us know more about it and take pics!

Good luck staying with Tony to take a picture... the jump that photo is from clocked in around 2 minutes (and he pulls high). :o Man knows how to fly. Every 2-way I've done with him has left my shoulders sore.

Notice the bottom of his booties in attached photo... :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

He's awesome!:D....and he's a great golfer, on fridays as well;):ph34r:

He's a nut and a hilarious guy... I'm pretty sure he's going to Rantoul and Summerfest too, so maybe you will get to see the suit up close Zach.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

what the performance like on this thing. for anyone who has tested it.

Not the answer you're looking for, but as I just said in another thread, performance is in the pilot. Tony nearly kicked my ass in this suit (me in S3), but I have seen others fly it very poorly. I have not flown it, so I can't really answer your question properly.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I just got back from the WFFC... I got to jump 2 different suits from Tony and Jeff... I have to say that I have NEVER flown a suit with as much lift. I am a big guy (205 lbs+ gear) and had more lift than i knew what to do with during the flocks we had. I think that everybody should try the suits and give their own input. The arm wings are huge and I would only reccomend those to wxperienced WS fliers.. Their are other suits that are more apt for beg. WS'ers....
So get up in a Tony WS and feel the huge amount of lift the new wing designs give!!
BLue skiez,
fat clouds,

Daniel
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

what the performance like on this thing. for anyone who has tested it.

I jumped his large wing version (the Nebula - the big yellow one in the videos) at Skyfest out of the Casa. I'm 6'1" 200# and have a V2, V1, GS1, and an Acro already.

What lift! A pop-up exit nearly tore my arms off leaving the plane! I was a little sloppy in it (as I seem to be with any new wing for the first few jumps) but made the flock OK. Not near as much forward drive as my PF suits, though. Feels more like the GS1 with its huge surface area. Tired me out quickly. I pulled high (~4500') but had a lot trouble unzipping (Tony's zips are much different than PFs, and Tony is smaller than me so the suit was tight and the gloves were difficult to pull off), and I ended up going the wrong way after deployment for a while, and landed out (but that's another story).

Overall, I thought the suit has merit for a big old guy like me, and ordered a custom-fit Z-Wing, but with the medium-sized wing (the "Eagle" - same design as the pix with the hands on the ass white one). I think it gets most of its float from Newtonian lift (pushing against a lot of air) rather than from speed and Bernoulli lift (like an airplane wing). PF suits seem to do that best, and I get the most forward speed out of them (especially the V2!).

So my verdict is: Good suit, Tony!

Old Guys Rock!

the Texas Wingsuit Museum???

Yeah, Scott, we have wax figures of Voodew, Ted, Jean, Jenn, Larry & myself hanging from the ceiling, flocking in everything from Classics to V2's and a few non-Robi suits as well. Admission is 2 cents. Come see it sometime! :)
Actually, I will sell my yellow V1 to some up-and-coming local flocker as I really don't need both a V1 & V2. I just want a high-end suit, a mid-range suit, and a specialty suit or two to play with, depending on the flock or load situation. I keep two suits on two seprate rigs so I can do hot loads sometimes.

Old Guys Rock!

Out of the three I have seen first-hand now, I like the design of the one Jeff has been flying the best (the big black one). True, the wings make the pull a bitch, but he easilly cruises along on his front or his back with me stretched out in my S3. The big yellow one Scotty was flying (with the webbed hands) has tons of range as well, but I just can't stand the web glove option.

Chuck