worldsocold

video of flat turn???

hey,

anybody have any video of a wingsuit flyer doing a flat turn. where you twist the upper half of your body oneway and twist the lower part the otherway--inducing a flat turn.

anything would be much appreciated. the more the better.

thank you.

In Soul Flyers 2 Loic does some pretty flat turns when he's wingsuiting along the cliff edges. But then again it is a monowing, which I've heard does those flat turns a lot easier. That particular part of Soul Flyers is online at Skydiving Movies, but I don't remember what it was called (I'm guessing someone will post a link).

I must say I've never tried doing a turn the way you describe but it sounds plausible. Flat turns are something I still need to work on.

Cheers.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I think he means an uncoordinated (slipping) 360 in the yaw direction. I've done a couple and they are a trip.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I think he means an uncoordinated (slipping) 360 in the yaw direction. I've done a couple and they are a trip.

Haha damn that does sound like fun and now I wanna see video of it! (and try it myself of course)

I've never seen much in the way of tricks with yaw, except that Jarno sometimes flies with a slight yaw towards the person he is flying next to... If you look at the attached picture, Jarno (red S3) is not closing in on Darren (red & blue Phantom), not about to crash, but flying the same direction as Darren, only he seems to be slightly sideways, drifting I guess you can call it. Funny thing is he doesn't do it consciously. :)

Yea..its something I sometimes see myself do on video and photos...a nice way to video someone without having to completely twist your head off your torso..

I think its a slight bent at the waist (bending my upper body in the direction of flight a little) combined with a right leg and arm that are pushing down slightly more then the other side..sending you 'drifting' sideways..

If anybody wants to see (after the summer/boogie season) we'll try and shoot some exaggerated examples and turn it into a 'flight manual' video on our website..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

i know this is a pretty late reply but i would love to see that video.

thanks

We'll try this out next weekend and have someone film it, then we'll post it and you can see the video. B|

maybe i'll try one on my own and compare and laugh at myself??!!

Although I was implying it would be footage of a good flat turn, it'll probably turn into a clusterfuck and make for some funny footage. But, I'll still try. :)
Cheers,

Costyn.

i doesn't matter. it's been too hot and humid for me to skydive out in CA (perris) over 100 f ever day for the last month or so. last time i went out i can't even tell you how nasty it was wearing that wingsuit. anyway i would still like to try that move and laugh at myself trying.

later and have fun trying!!!!!!!!!!
NPS SUX ASS