MikeTB

Voodoo and V1 ??

HI!
Just wondering if there is any issue with the Voodoo + WINGSUIT. I try just to know the real thing before buying one.....Must change my rig and I found someting but come with a Voodoo.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

Seriously, I wouldn't expect any modern gear to be a problem with a wingsuit. (someone please let me know if I'm wrong about this)

Thanks,
I'm talking more about the line twist often caused by the bag when exiting the tray and interfering with the corner. I know taht this container is mostly designed as a free fly container and may be it's not good for wing suit. Just trying if someone have a Voodoo + a wingsuit and how that works.
Thanks again...

I jump a Vector3 with pocketed corners (great for freefly), and had problems with lots of line twists before having the corner seam unstitched 2/3 of the way down and switching to a 9' bridle. No problems now! Maybe if you experience this problem you can get your rigger or the factory to make a similar modification.

Jump a canopy that can handle linetwists and see what happens. If you are convinced the corners of the tray are causing twists, cut them down.

On my Vector I had the corners cut, but I was still learning so I don't know how much difference it made. On my Icon I never modified anything and it opens great every time.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I Rigger friend of mine is actually jumping his Voodoo with WS from severals years..

voodoo seems to be contructed with WS in mind (at last his one) because it have all the WS features that are optional on other containers, like open corner for the main container.

His Voodoo is 4 Years old, i really don't know actual models, that one was great for WS !
Marco "Pazzo" Pistolesi
pistolesi.marco(at)gmail.com

I have a voodoo. Yet to do a wingsuit jump, but never had linetwists on this container. Do you pack with the lanes at the bottom of the container or at the reserve?

I did not buy the rig now. Do you have the chest ring option on your one? The handles appear to be lower on this type of container than the other. Just don't know.
Any inputs will ne appreciated.
Thanks

I have maybe 20 wingsuit jumps with my voodoo. As others said, the main tray opens up a bit more than most containers- not quite open corners, but seems good for wingsuit deployments. I normally pack my rig with the bag half-rotated- not quite lines at the bottom, not completely grommet-to-pin to give it a nicer profile and this worked ok with the wingsuit as well.
Not sure if the handles are considerably lower with chest rings, but they present no problem when connecting a wingsuit.

Only problem I had was my canopy- although it behaved ok on most of the ws jumps, I would still feel better jumping something a bit more docile on those occasions...the container, as I said, worked just fine.

Mine has chest rings. I pack mine with the lines to the reserve (this is on normal jumps) because the bottom flap is so short. I was told to do this by several voodoo owners, and one of the owners of Parachutes Australia.

So far it hasn't caused me any problems.