avenfoto

hows the russia world comp going?

Agreed *cough*

I would like to say a big thank you to BJ, Natalia, German, Loic, Perry, Hans (Chief Judge :P) and everyone at the Stupino dropzone for making the event so much fun.

We started the event with 3 small flocks lead by Loic, Perry and myself. By the end of the day we combined the groups together to make a nice 20+ way.

Loic organised the big ways, whilst Perry and myself took video/photo. We progressed to formation Turbo Let loads with upto 35 jumpers :)
The competition rounds took longer than planned due to bad weather and some technical problems. Hans will post the results asap.

Many loads were made from an MI8 helicopter, a nice change but the side door was quite small for launching flocks. Unfortunately the MI8 with tail gate was out of action for maintenance [:/]

Fly your body, Bird Man, Matter and Phoenix-Fly were represented at the event so there was a great range of demo suits available :)
In total there were about 45 wingsuit pilots in attendance from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy, England, Austria, Canada, Ukraine, America, Denmark, Finland and Russia.

Stupino 2006 was a great success, 2007 will be even better!
BASEstore.it

That Loic joined this Boogie was the best what could happen to us!

He is not only a great flyer, he is a great teacher too!
We learned a lot from him, the way he organized the big ways helped us to make the flocking happen, fun and save! His advice to "fly your (our) body" was very helpful.
His flying skills are very impressive - he showed a video where he docked to the wing of a sailplane!

So a really big "THANK YOU!" to Loic, Zun, and all the nice flyers at Stupino!
It would be great to see all this people again at Stupino in 2007!

The taxi drive back to airport at sunday was, uhmmm - an experience B| - but I got my plane!

Thanks to all people who made this possible!

Herwig

Thanks from the German's to Natalia, German, BJ and Hans for the organization. Also thanks to James and Loïc for hints that really improved my flying and flocking skills.
As I was later in the big way base than Susanne I have to go now redeeming my bet and making the meal.

Cheers,

Sandro

Well, the event was for me a 100% success.....it was nice to meet so many people from different parts of the world....Jean is a legend, both as a flyer and person ;) ... not to forget Perry and BJ and all the other guys behind the scenes without the event wouldn't been held, THANK YOU!!!
Hope to see you all soon again, latest next year same place ;)

2pac

PS James, just for the records, there was a guy from Croatia too...flying a bad ass BIRD-MAN S6 (Thanx Jari ;)...) ...

PPS There were a lot of hot looking Russian skydiver babes :)
www.slobodanpad.hr
www.skydiveadria.com

Here are the photos of the winners:

Distance Competition - Heavy Class:
1st Alex E. Rubinshtein, Russia 4301m (V1)
2nd Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland 4189m (V2)
3rd Tero Paukku, Finland 4117m (S6)

Distance Competition - Light Class:
1st Loic Jean-Albert , France 4574m (S-Fly Expert)
2nd James Boole, UK 3927m (Phantom)
3rd Sandro Boehme, Germany 3917m (V1)

Time Competition - Heavy Class:
1st Herwig Habenbacher, Austria 111,9sec (Phantom)
2nd Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland 108,1sec (V2)
3rd Stefan Zunino, France 104,7sec (S-Fly Expert)

Time Competition - Light Class:
1st Loic Jean-Albert, France 125,2sec (S-Fly Expert)
2nd James Boole, UK 112,1sec (Phantom)
3rd Sandro Boehme, Germany 108,4sec (V1)

Overall Competition Winner:
1st Place Chris Martin Award Winner and a Precision Canopy:
Loic Jean-Albert, France (S-Fly Expert)
2nd Place winner and 50% off Vector container:
Tristan Whitmarsh, Holland (V2)
3rd Place winner:
James Boole, UK (Phantom)
4th Place winner and 50% of Phantom / Acro wingsuit:
Sandro Boehme, Germany (V1)

Roller Pigeon Freestyle Video Competition:
1st Soul Flyers 3 (not really!) - Loic and friends
2nd Russian Extreme Project - Valery Rosov and friends
3rd Kid Icarus - Tristan Whitmarsh and James Boole

Note: Time and Distance data were recorded using Garmin Foretrex GPS and Alti 2 Neptune.

Paralog was then used to measure the score between the altitudes 3700m and 1400m. We had a technical problem on Saturday - thank you Klaus for your INSTANT support B|!

Congratulations to all the participants!

J
BASEstore.it

Just to react on to the technical problem.
We had to borrow several Neptune's from the participants after we decided that ,because of the not working GPS repeaters in the plane, we would score the timeevent with neptunes.My copy of Paralog would only download from two of them because of serialnumberlimitations. It took only one phonecall and one email to get a unlimited version from Klaus and Paralog was operating again to full satisfaction, so i would like to thank Klaus for his verry swift support and solution to our problem.

Hans
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

So the time was measured from 3700m to 1400m also? Looks like the winners averaged in the mid/low 40's (mph, stupid English units I'm accustomed to). I don't feel so bad about anymore my times on long solos (still haven't broken 160 seconds, about 46mph average). I hear so much talk about people who can pull low-30's averages, and 3:30+ flights. Extrapolating Loic's performance to a "normal" skydive (13,500ft - 2,000ft) barely reaches the 3 minute mark (assuming constant fatigue-free performance over the final minute).

I have always assumed people exaggerate their performance a little. This contest shows what people are really capable of. Considering Loic's talent, experience, and perhaps most importantly his bird-like build, I am very happy with my 46mph avg against his 41. B|

Did Perry enter? :o:D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Damn, looks like Loic didn't just win, he won by a lot!:)
I've got to admit, I never quite believed the "Its the pilot not the suit" argument - but this is definitely changing my mind.

Now, who's got more photosB| (and a video, pretty please:))
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'm curious as to why James chose the Phantom as his weapon of choice. Perhaps because it is a marathon, not a sprint, so fatigue and energy available are very much factors.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I would say in a way it did, considering you were the only flyer on the podiums with an intermediate suit! ;)

Phantom gets better energy mileage; it's not an energy guzzler like those big-wing suits.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

That was the idea, but it didn't work! :$

Okay, I'm confused. Phoenix Fly Vampire wingsuit is made for performance yes? And yet in a competition where it's all about performance you (as PF representative) don't use a Vampire (V1 or V2) to compete with because it's too exhausting?

:o:P
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I would say in a way it did, considering you were the only flyer on the podiums with an intermediate suit! ;)

So is the S-Fly Expert considered a 'big suit' too? ;)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News