avenfoto

hows the russia world comp going?

Oeh don't go there.don't don't you will open a can of wurmsB|B|

Yeah I know... I couldn't help myself either.

But I am geniunely curious as to James' answer. :)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I didn't comment on the size of the wings, but I think the name 'Expert' would imply something other than, and specifically not including 'intermediate'. The S-Fly must get pretty good energy-mileage I suspect.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Your fellow country man ArrowPoint showed the way using my V2 :D:D

Tristan, you have to be setting some record for most suits worn on one single boogie:P

You already impressed me at Teuge, flying a Phantom, Phi, S3S, S3 etc. all in one weekend..I think spotted you in your S3, in a v2 and S-fly expert in these Russia photos? Did I miss any other suits? hehe

But big congrats on your podium spot dude!
Now get your ass back to Holland so we can fly again..you've been playing far away in Italy for far to long...;)

And Johan is probably quite anxious to see if he can outfly the 2nd best flyer in the world as well;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So the time was measured from 3700m to 1400m also? Looks like the winners averaged in the mid/low 40's (mph, stupid English units I'm accustomed to). I don't feel so bad about anymore my times on long solos (still haven't broken 160 seconds, about 46mph average). I hear so much talk about people who can pull low-30's averages, and 3:30+ flights. Extrapolating Loic's performance to a "normal" skydive (13,500ft - 2,000ft) barely reaches the 3 minute mark (assuming constant fatigue-free performance over the final minute).

I have always assumed people exaggerate their performance a little. This contest shows what people are really capable of. Considering Loic's talent, experience, and perhaps most importantly his bird-like build, I am very happy with my 46mph avg against his 41. B|

Did Perry enter? :o:D

Matt,

A lot of 'performance' is derived from the exit. You are going 100 mph horizontally on exit from an airplane vs 0mph in a chopper. I have said before that a loooong first leg will get you long freefall times on jumps from airplanes. I don't think people getting 3:30 are necessarily exaggerating, it is just a different ball game.

FYI, I never have done a 3:30 but there is a jump where the average is 38 mph...I have the neptune log on my home computer and can post it...what does it prove? nothing.

Same goes for calculating glide from an airplane....unless an effort is made to dissipate a lot of the inertia from the exit, the glide numbers will be misleading. Even with all these corrections the numbers are apples and oranges if we are talking about a still air exit. The numbers should be used as a rough guide only for people that do not jump from fixed objects.

Kris.

I didn't comment on the size of the wings, but I think the name 'Expert' would imply something other than, and specifically not including 'intermediate'. The S-Fly must get pretty good energy-mileage I suspect.

Isn't the expert just to differentiate it from the S-Fly Access?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Thats right Costyn, my spaghetti arms get tired flying because I'm only used to fly for 1 min :P

Your fellow country man ArrowPoint showed the way using my V2 :D:D

Ah, ok. You mean when jumping off of fixed objects it usually doesn't get to more than 1 minute of max flying, right. Makes sense. :)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Hans made a DVD with 1000 photos from the event. There is not so much video, I may put a short edit online if i have enough footage...

Yes !!! Great ! could you please send me your video in mini dv tape format ? I will do it the same with mine.

In advance, thks.

Daniel (MTR3 guy)
...to infinity and beyond !!!!!

Oh man, I'm just back from russia. have been partying in Moskow a few more days. I'm so in a post boogie high it's not even funny. I don't want to get all mushy and stuff but this has been a life changing experience. Seeing a lot of friends again and gaining even more. Thanks to everyone there! I love you guys!!!
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

Nice edit James. Formations look tighter than Z-Flock but less organized, if that makes any sense. People appeared very close together but it was hard to tell what the formation was supposed to be. There were obviously a lot of skilled flyers there for everybody to fly so tight.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Loics flocks were structured a little differently, normally a wider and flatter trapezium (rather than a pyramid).

He normally used a "base line" of 5 flyers, with himself in the middle and a diamond behind him.

Building tight lines more than 3 rows beyond the base is still the problem though...
BASEstore.it

some of the cleanest, tight flying I've seen in a long time...

In the video for the roller pigeon comp he made some of the most precise transitions i've seen. Flaring the suit, performing a front loop next to the base and then docking. Back fly under base, dock. Barrel roll over, dock etc

He also showed us a sneak preview of the footage of him docking on the wing of a glider.
BASEstore.it

He also showed us a sneak preview of the footage of him docking on the wing of a glider.

Most of us are feeling like pioneers working on canopy flyby's..he's swooping mountains and working on docking on airplanes...:S
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

James old chap,

Great vid, dude. Now I'm doubly sorry that I couldn't make it there to Stupino. Ah well - maybe next time.

Congratulations to you and all involved. It looks like it was a MIGHTY meet. I look forward to seeing more pics and vids as they come through.

Blue Skies,

fergs
;)