badshow

Bird suit for a absolute beginner

I guess what im trying to say here is, if your heads up, go for it. wingsuiting out of an airplane is really not that bad. there are a few things that you should know, get somebody to explain it to you and go for it. i didnt get trained, my freind handed me a GTI when i had 80ish skydives, showed me how to hook it up at LP, and sent me out for my first 20 solo wingsuits. worked great. its been sai before, but ill say it again, wingsuiting is just another discipline. its not something that you need to pay 100USD for training to try.

just, be heads up. but i hope as a skydiver you are, Always.

I'm with you on this one matt. Its not that hard and i'd say 80% of the time its actually easy (in my limited experience). Especially with the suits out there for beginners today like the prodigy and impact(i guess i haven't seen one yet). I think alot of people started wingsuits earlier than 200 jumps than some people on this forum realize. I also thinks its largely dependent on the pilot, some people are ready for wingsuits at 50 jumps and some people might be ready for it at 500.
late,
RJ$$
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

I think alot of people started wingsuits earlier than 200 jumps than some people on this forum realize. I also thinks its largely dependent on the pilot, some people are ready for wingsuits at 50 jumps and some people might be ready for it at 500.

Agreed! As a wingsuit instructor I've had students with less than 200 jumps do very well, and some with 1000+ who barely managed to pull! :o (of course, of those few "bad" students, most of them were in the 200-500 jump range with very little bellyflying experience)

Its all about knowing when you are ready to take on the added complications of a wingsuit, the same as anything else new you want to learn.

borrow a GTI for 10ish jumps,
and fly.

Didn't you mis a "0"? :)

of course, this suit will take you a LONG time to get good at, but that keeps you on the edge.

The GTI or the Phantom will surely do.

V1s are a bitch to fly, physicaly and skillwise, so try a GTI or something like it first.

Here is a good advice.

Why one would like to put the carriage before the horse?

Get yourself used to flying with a smaller wings and you'll enjoy even more flying with bigger ones later on :)
And don't worry for your investment, you'll always find someone to buy your old suit.

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Fido,
broseph, well, shit.

I bet that a bunch of people die every month from trying wingsuiting to early in their profesional skydiving careers, maybe we should ban Wingsuits, small canopies, CRW, AFF, Static line training, and up the laws against BASE jumping.

i was NOT talking about the "that looks easy" attitude.
I was talking about the anti-"oh dear jesus, your a wingsuit pilot?, isnt that the most scariest thing in the whole skydiving community? jeez, your intense, i cant try that at all, or even think about it until i have 200 skydives and at least 1 malfunction." attitude.

i agree that maybe i should stop giveing advice, but its not like -I- have anything to do but sit here on Dorkzone.com because i cant walk, or do much of anything from an injury (paraglider collapse at 20 meters caused by weather:P). whats your guys' excuse for posting here?

and edited AGAIN to say- personaly, i would never tell anybody to stop jumping. thats just rude.

edited for 4th time to remind that i cant spell, nor do i care or care to learn. english is a shitty language. but i guess its the only one i cared to speak in any form of effectiveness.

edited for the 5th time to be a smartass-
and by headsup i mean smart and fast, not actualy heads up, thats ineficient flying technique
...:):S>:(B|;):)

-SPACE-

I was flying a 2001 Gin Bonanza, DHV2-3. Never again will i fly above a 1-2, i have a Airea shape as well, but i sold them both. im trying to buy a Ozone ultralight wing, DHV 1-2.
The weather was SEEMINGLY perfect, i was launching with 2 paragliding buddies at 8 am. 200 meter hill, just a sled flight. Boulder area Wonderland lake launch. its been said its a advanced hill, but i learned there. the wind was 30 degrees off direct headwind, maybe 3 knots, varrying a bit. the upper windsocks of the hill showed the same, 1V5 airport Awos read the same. soaring index read poor, but the weather report for the day said morning good, but afternoon west wind.
I launched, got seated, and had a 30% pilots right collapse, the wing folded uned the left (lineover like) and i was 50' above the ground, spun twice, and hit going downhill. i was the first to launch. none of my boys have flown since.

Ill be in the air again in july, I will always limp, but hey. who wont?