speedy

Wing suit comptetion 3000 euro prize money

Looks nice

Straining the neck in the opposite direction of how we want to align the body must be hard.

We are a rough airfoil, smaller rough shape is better than adding a lot of form drag and making the surface smooth.

This job is done!
The Lunatic went by itself in the opposite body line direction. It takes actually a bit power to look down.

And by the way, Kris...
Will you make it for our competition after the date has changed (20.-22.07.)? You welcome to test jump the Lunatic...

For anyone who doubt the aerodynamic quallities of this soul carrying head cover- it´s made by a German
:):)
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

I don't have a suit to compete in. Even cancelling my WS BASE plans this year.

we will have a suit for you and than you got the chance to win a brand new BLADE- and if you´re not happy with a Blade you can sell it and buy whatever...

a bit food and some drinks for free...
it´s not a joke- move on...

www.pralle-zeiten.de

Aerodynamically speaking, both of those helmets create additional drag when the pilot puts his chin on his chest for max performance as the tail or rear section of the helmet creates more surface area resitance. I've got an aerodynamic flow picture of this somewhere based off of bicycle testing on helmets with this design that shows the increase in drag. If I find it I'll post it. Basically, both of those helmets simply look cool but actually provide no real advantage for our application.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

...based off of bicycle testing on helmets with this design that shows the increase in drag...

The chin on the chest creates more drag. That´s not the best way for performance, I guess. The rear section design of the helmet helps to reduce the turbulence behind the head.
The streamliners in the past up to now use this shape.
The solar power driven vehicles use it (they recognize every small improvement).
The ski jumper use the top design with positive results in the windchannel. (Tests from Uvex)
And now ;) the bicyclist (GS1 teams/ Tour de France) invest more than 1 billion $ every year in this sport- for the reason that they get the highest sponsoring of all sports in the world. I worked for a GS1- team for years and I promise, they just intresting in "results"
Honestly... the "Lunatic" doesn`t help an unexperienced pilot to win a competition but it helps to keep the head straight, and probably it gives a bit of lift (selfconfidence :)
"For some, reality is a way of life"- a few, just change it (with power of believing). For sure the "Lunatic" creates fun and that´s an effective tool to modify reality.

Ok, Ok it´s night time here and my dopamin concentration is quite high (two period sleeping)

:)...back to bed

www.pralle-zeiten.de

The chin on the chest creates more drag. That´s not the best way for performance, I guess. The rear section design of the helmet helps to reduce the turbulence behind the head.

I think you are saying the same thing I just said. Unless the pointy teardrop shape is alligned along the persons back(over the reserve pack tray),resulting in a chin/head back position, more drag is created when the person lowers the head to a normal position or puts their chin on thier chest.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

hmmm :( I don't think i'll be able to make the new event dates.. I have another trip planned :(

Knowing you it's gonna be something very horrible and unpleasant. :P:P:P
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

hmmm I don't think i'll be able to make the new event dates.. I have another trip planned

We´ll freeze some of them (Stroopwaffles) and you´re allways welcome to eat them, get fat then ;) and get something else than the first place, then :)

www.pralle-zeiten.de

We´ll freeze some of them (Stroopwaffles)

Dude...stick to your own culture....bratwurst...
Stroopwafels are a proud dutch tradition..;):P

Just like all the other cool things we did...exterminating the dodo...starting slavery...eehm...wait...thats not what I meant..:S

Anyways...stroopwafels..holland!
bratwurst...germany!B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

bratwurst...germany!B|

Forget the Bratwurst. It is the beer :)

With Heineken being the most sold beer worldwide, I think we also have a pretty strong hand in that section of the market..

And dont even start on the whole weed and hookers thing..we own this planet....:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

bratwurst...germany!

No, No, No,
for our visitors the best is just good enough. . .

lalalalalala, Stroopwaffles and Weed from Holland, with your permit, please
btw. some people from overseas don´t even know, Holland and Germany are different countrys :P

bratwurst...germany!

No, No, No,
for our visitors the best is just good enough. . .

lalalalalala, Stroopwaffles and Weed from Holland, with your permit, please
btw. some people from overseas don´t even know, Holland and Germany are different countrys :P

Might have something to do with them calling us "Dutch" while we call ourselves "Nederlanders" or "Hollanders" but Germans call themselves "Deutsch" :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia