speedy

Wing suit comptetion 3000 euro prize money

stroop·wa·fel (de ~); is the correct Dutch spelling for this delicious cookie, which we know, since we are Dutch. However, most English speaking customers spell this word differently. So, for PR reasons, we decided to use this alternative spelling on our website. Thank you to all who have emailed us in the past, but we have a reason!

The funny thing is, it looks like two dealers here in city have spelled this word false, in your shop-windows. :D

Thats great Tom -- you haven't hardly showed your face in weeks -- no banning me or Ted or even really responding to anything and when you finally do its about cookies????

They're not just cookies, they're STROOPWAFELS!!!

Clearly you have never been to Holland and sank your teeth into the tender yet firm crust and pressed your tongue against the golden syrup.
For once you have tasted stroopwafels you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards Holland, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

So how dare you diminish this gift from God as mere cookies!
>:(
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

Clearly you have never been to Holland and sank your teeth into the tender yet firm crust and pressed your tongue against the golden syrup.
For once you have tasted stroopwafels you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards Holland, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

You're right, I was in Holland last year and had quite a few of them. Those are some damn good cookies! ;):P
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Well regardless how you spell it, there aren´t any STROOPWAFELS :( BUT there is a fridge full of tasty German beer B|

Cloudy today but we managed to fly in the holes. 2 rounds completed and things are close, all to play for in the third and final round. Rod has set the best time so far of 58,7sec (between 3000m-2000m, measured using Alti-2 Neptune and Paralog).

This evening there was a "social" drag race meet at the airport :)
There is €2000 prize money for the open category (12 pilots) and €1000 prize money for the female category (6 pilots) B|

More tomorrow,

J
BASEstore.it

from the german forum, freefall time between 3000m -> 2000m:

Men:

Bleckmann Guido - 35,7 | 38,6 | 28,1 (Germany)
Boole (Phoenix) James - 57,0 | 56,6 (England)
Böhme Sandro - 39,2 | 47,5 | 50,0 (Germany)
Knoch Sven - 32,5 | 40,7 | 41,9 (Germany)
Lahme Bernd - 26,5 | 25,6 (Germany)
Mall Martin - 45,8 | 45,7 | 50,9 (Germany)
Millner Rod - 58,7 | 52,8 (Australia)
Pischel Robert - 28,1 | 30,4 | 30,5 (Germany)
Pretorius Hugo - 34,1 | 36,1 (South Afrika)
Scherrinsky Tobi - 49,2 | 50,7 | 55,0 (Germany)
Stadler Christian - 36,3 | 28,8 (Germany/South Afrika)

Women:

Busatta Daniela - 38,5 | 37,0 (Germany/South Afrika)
Hajooze Sarah - 37,2 | 42,0 (Germany)
Houben Regine - 33,2 | 32,7 (Germany)
Schneider Susanne - 46,6 | 44,8 | 40,6 (Germany)
Sprissler Teresa - 37,8 | 38,2 (Germany)
Wiers Vivien - 29,0 | 31,5 (Germany)

Results from saturday.....one pass to go on sunday

Cloudy today but we managed to fly in the holes. 2 rounds completed and things are close, all to play for in the third and final round. Rod has set the best time so far of 58,7sec (between 3000m-2000m, measured using Alti-2 Neptune and Paralog).

Sounds cool. So James, are you using the Phantom now or the V2? I imagine the V2 and setting your ProTrack alarms at the 2 altitudes? Good job on the flying/floating everyone! :)

This evening there was a "social" drag race meet at the airport :)

Social drag race?
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

So James, are you using the Phantom now or the V2?

Just got back home.

I went for the Phantom as the glide distance was not a factor.

The complete results will be posted on the Skydive Marl website soon :)
Thank you to Sky Jester and everyone at Marl dropzone for an awesome weekend; Christian, Guido, Daniela, Kaba (aka stunt cock), Rick and Regina.

AND of course all the other participants for a great competition (especially Rod for being a true sportsman and Toby for my travel "kit" ;)).

We also squeezed in one 12 way flock at the end yesterday :)
PEOPLE! YOU NEED TO GO TO THIS EVENT NEXT YEAR!!

Social drag meet: lots of petrol heads racing American cars down the runway B| None were as cool as Christians low rider though! :)
J
BASEstore.it

Id like to second what James said, it was a ripper of an event! Thanks to Christian and Guido for the forsight to create the event in the first place.And for all staff and now friends who helped make this event possible a big YA? FOOK YA!!
Personally id like to see this event become part of wingsuit signature events, the same with Cochstedt. The idea being that we have a type of circuit that we can all save and prepare for, especially for those of us who have to travel from a bloody long way, and at these events we have all the manufacturers and any other related skydive related dealers,etc, along with a no. of events which we could train for, be it big ways, time and or distance event, free training etc. That would include Stupino.
If they were held around the same time of year, say within a month it could act as a finals event for all the comps that I hope we start to run back home. Some people could come for part or all of these international events.
I think anyone that was at these events can really see were this sport can develop, it would be great to coordinate its growth so everyone can benefit.
Luv ya work bruva!!
Rod

Now my big thank you goes to Maria and Cate for creating such an awesome suit.

After how the GS1 performed in Cochstedt I though I may have a crack at getting within the top 10 maybe... but... Wow.

Ill right a review when I get back home.

Also thanks to WBT for your help, Mark F, all the competitors... how cool was it?

Also, Jarno for working the idea of a stuka dive after a Gainer, wicked, mate!!!! And for your kind hospitality in Rotterdam, cheers.

And lastly and probably least, to the Pomms,lol, Cheeza you rock girl!!! and had a Great time at Sibson, even if most of it was on the ground hahahaha. also Dave, what an awesome night we all had, my head still hurts, and Renata where is my new girlfriend???and Mark for the awesome pics for the home mag...
All in all a funtastic trip, did some and saw some amazing stuff, and cant wait till next year!!
long flights and I mean looong,
Rod

In German - go on you can manage!

Am Ende siegte James (170,5 sek.) mit nur 2,5 sek. vor Rod (168,0 sek.). Platz 3 für Tobi (154,9 sek.) gefolgt von Martin Mall (142,4 sek) aus Berlin auf Platz 4 und Sandro Böhme(136,7 sek.) aus Pforzheim auf Platz 5.

So, congrats James?? I think.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Complete results attached as an xls table.

Congratulations James! Just think yourself lucky I wasn't there to challenge you!

Do you have any height/weight info for the competitors?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

James good flying, was hpoing to join you this summer fo all sorts of fun, but jarred knee on a landing, wasnt even a bloody swoop and am out till next season post some removal of calcification on knee.

Nice flying though, good job we are not having a kick ass summer here in the UK DOH!

Take care

Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Personally id like to see this event become part of wingsuit signature events, the same with Cochstedt. The idea being that we have a type of circuit that we can all save and prepare for, especially for those of us who have to travel from a bloody long way, and at these events we have all the manufacturers and any other related skydive related dealers,etc, along with a no. of events which we could train for, be it big ways, time and or distance event, free training etc.

..for some reasons the date for SkyJester´s WoM 07 changed. Now it starts 12 days after Cochstedt ! !
Will we see somebody from down under?

This time I want to see you where you come from ;) Fock ya :ph34r:
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

nice helmet, I wonder how long its gonna be till someone wears an aerodynamic helmet like bicyclists wear, i'd love one for camera, those guys are always complaining about the drag a camera gives off,
wonder if it would make looking up at your canopy hard, would it hit your reserve container?
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

nice helmet, I wonder how long its gonna be till someone wears an aerodynamic helmet like bicyclists wear, i'd love one for camera, those guys are always complaining about the drag a camera gives off,
wonder if it would make looking up at your canopy hard, would it hit your reserve container?

I tried aerodyn. bicyclist- helmet; I just draw a mark in my goggles to remind me not to pull the reserve :S:S
but the Lunatic is absolut fine; it´s very smooth; 190gramm without visor
just one problem: Wonderlucky needs about three weeks to build one Lunatic [:/]
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

that looks great, the yellow one look's so perfect, wonder if you could fire your resurve pilot chute up inside it though :)
I bet you the speed racers will be wearing them pretty soon, I would if i was in a race

and if I had one

Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com