speedy

Wing suit comptetion 3000 euro prize money

SKYJESTER presents Wings over Marl

2nd International Wing Suit Competition

4./5./6. August 2006

For the second time wing suit pilots will be competing for the longest freefall time. For the challenge the time between 3000 meters and 2000 meters AGL as measured by Neptune will be used. Each entrant will have 3 jumps to demonstrate their skills. The times from the 3 jumps will be added together and the jumper with the longest total time wins.
There will be an open class and, depending on numbers, a female class. Of course the girls may enter the open class.
The entrance fee is 24 Euros. Each jump from 4000 meters costs an additional 25 euros. The number of entrants is limited so please register as soon as possible at [email protected]

3000,- Euro in prize money!

Gear: Only jumpers using equipment suitable to their experience level will be allowed to enter. ADD and an audible altitude meter are mandatory. Low pulls will be automatically disqualified. More information at the DZ in Marl, Germany or telephone +49 177-4689121 or +49 171-5200572.

Facilities: Camping on the DZ, hot showers and a kitchen.

...see you for the purest art of flying!
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Nice..the first real contest with prize-money!

But a too bad it a long freefall time contest.
Distance or artistics would mean everybody would have an equal chance...longest freefall could end up being a skinny/light people contest (or 'people that sport and mind what they eat' and dont weigh more then a truckload of anvils:P)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Cosytn is gonna kick eveyones ass!! :)

Dont know..I dont think it counts if its not on video and we dont turn in un-edited footage via email..
I think we might have to just accept that we'll loose and watch someone else be the 'first' :P

Do think Perry should take a stab at this one...
Insane amounts of experience..being a fantastic flyer...AND the right weight to fly the looongest times ever....the guy is unbeatable..(we'll..you CAN beat him..but he'll probably like it and scream for more)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Cosytn is gonna kick eveyones ass!! :)

Haha dude I was at the top for a while 'cuz there were no other people with GPSs uploading their data. No way am I anywhere near the top of performance fliers.

McCordia is gonna give the GPS a whirl this weekend. We'll how he does on TrackingDerby.com.

But, I have to say this competition looks like fun. Marl isn't even that far away. I think Team Fly Like Brick will partake.

Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

McCordia is gonna give the GPS a whirl this weekend.

Am I?

But, I have to say this competition looks like fun. Marl isn't even that far away. I think Team Fly Like Brick will partake.

Dude...the month before, we're doing 2 boogies, something like 4 wingsuit events, and probably close to 50 jumps already in Juli...unless we start selling ourselves in dark alleys behind the Amsterdam trainstation, I dont think I can even manage to buy food August...

Would love to go there..even if its just to fly with a lot of people and have fun...but I'm afraid my endless budget IS getting close to its end by then:S

And yay...work is done...the sky is calling!
Cya tomorrow at 7:00 AM dude! *argg*

Belgium, here we come!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've lost count of how many times people have typed ADD when they mean AAD. :D

The people with budget constraints, they will just have make sure they win the prize money. ;)

I can think of many reasons why having an audible is a good idea when wing suit jumping but would prefer not to discuss them in this thread.
This is just about getting a lot of wing suit flyers together for a great weekend B| with a chance to win the prize money.B|
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Sorry, after Stupino,Cochstedt and texel (not to mention a new V2) i couldn't afford a couple of stroopwafels but give me an adress and i will send you some:P
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

If non of us is coming, I know this alternative medicine shop in Italy that used to import them for me and my roommates:)

Dude...why are you posting here....

This is a forum for people that actualy OWN a wingsuit..(instead of selling their old ones before the new one gets in:P)

Missed you at 18K at Texel this weekend....you could have been there to see me suck hard in a GS1 hehehe
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Missed you at 18K at Texel this weekend....you could have been there to see me suck hard in a GS1 hehehe

No thanks, I'm not really interested in seeing you sucking anything hard, not even if you are wearing a wingsuit.:P
Tristan
Will you answer "NO" to my next question?

I arrived in Marl, super friendly DZ. I had barely got in the door when they forced a plate of steak and a cold beer at me :)
Lots of familiar faces from Cochstedt. 18 people registered for comp and hopefully we´ll have time to do some flocking too.

Rocket Rod is here B| (the next leg of his European tour) and has been setting some impressive times on his practice runs!

Will keep you posted.

J

ps. no stroppwaffels >:(
BASEstore.it

Thats great Tom -- you haven't hardly showed your face in weeks -- no banning me or Ted or even really responding to anything and when you finally do its about cookies????

You must be from California???

I just don't know what to think about this forum anymore - it seems to be about humor and gays (sorry to out you Hoover)

What happened to the old days of instructors vs the teaching non-instructors ----- Oh never mind Phoenix-Fly opened up.

Next time you post Tom make it very serious and to the point --- That is all

edit:(the funniest part about this is that while I was writing this Matt was responding at the same time and I beat him to the punch --- Sorry Matt)

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid