voodew1

Acro docks / exits

So what kind of docks have flyers managed to pull off with the Acro ...... looking for 'out of the ordinary docks'

We have almost perfected the, top dock to flying I guess you would call a bi-plane or cat dock. When I say almost perfected it, I mean make the dock a little less impactful.
We pulled it off on both tries on Saturday, once docking from straight above and the other side slide until your there (much softer but still a little hard)
Once your docked you are kind of glued to the one below you and you have to push off to seperate.
No good video yet all I have is my view which shows a whole screen full of rig and wing.

The Acro is one of the easiest most fun to fly suits I have flown -- very effortless to do anything --- I previously was a, fly on my belly only kind of flyer but after 5 jumps on the Acro I am a barrel rolling back flyin, flip in, mo fo (yeah I really like the suit)

Anybody else done some more less than ordinary docks
Next weekend we are going to launch the biplane out the door --- maybe with one back flying too.

I wish we had a chick with an Acro because if Ted is the one launching on his back I will have a face full of nut sack:S:|

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

So what kind of docks have flyers managed to pull off with the Acro

I gues it doesnt count if the docks are made in other suits?:PB|

Together with Roel and Costyn, we've done belly-docks with one backflyer, and bellyflyer above (would that be a bi-plane thing?) just a gentle bump, and continue to fly it..

Did some cool flying last week in Empuria, with one backflyer, resting his legs on the shoulder/arm of a belly-flyer behind/slighly underneath him (bit of a stairstep kinda figure...called it 'lazy legs':P)

And still have to get some good video of our 'Double Whammy' (backflyer and bellyflyer docked, flipping over, turning the bellyflyer into the backflyer and vice-versa..)

Just dont see why it couldnt only be done in an acro, and not in a Phantom, Firebird, S6, V1 etc.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Did some cool flying last week in Empuria...

Not to mention the very cool initiation of a chick to the flock, thus alleviating that tricky "nut sack" problem you guys have

...on a S-Fly, no less ;~)

Hi Jarno, how's the footage coming along? Hope your trip back to NL went ok
Life is a four letter word!

I wish we had a chick with an Acro because if Ted is the one launching on his back I will have a face full of nut sack:S:|

Well if you got one that'll fit me I'll be at SSM one day this weekend B| but I don't want to launch something with a face full of nut sack either :D

I think Susan finally ordered her Acro, so she might have it by Skyfest if she's really lucky.

Is this Saturday or Sunday going to be better for flocking?

What suits did you use for the Double Whammy?

Were both jumpers in the same type of suit?

We've had some early attempts with me in an s3s, and costyn in his classic II, but it seems to work better in matching suits (or at least suits where you can both maintain the same fallrate/forward speed on your back).
The stuff we've been doing the last few months has all been s3s on both flyers. Having the same suits (and same chubby bodies:S)

The key in making it work seems to be that the backflyer has to pivot over/around the bellyflyer (who's doing the transition to backflying)
So the belly2back flyer is the centerpoint of the rotation..

If the bellyflyer does a flip over the backflyer, it catches so much momentum, that its hard to stop it on your back (and you end up nearly ripping each others arms off:P)

This coming weekend we'll be playing in belgium, we'll see if we can push Darren into filming Costyn and me on a 2 way, and get it on tape from an outside perspective..

*edit*
And Sarah, without overdoing it, that was some of the smoothest flying I've seen anyone do on their first flocking dives.
You have a very 'clean' way of flying, and those docks you made where awesome..

Try and make it to Texel July for some mad flocking fun!!

And any girl that jumps into a Porter in a wet T-Shirt, trying to hop into her wingsuit while running has an instant fan-base:P

David should have his CD with photo's by now, but if not scoot over an email, and I'll send em to you directly..
Video is also coming soon..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Poor Ted will also have to deal with looking at your gorilla grin to. Voodew:ph34r:

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

I would like to see some video of what ya'll are doing -- and you really don't have to make a wicked cool ass video --- you could just email me some raw footage.

I want some more ideas to play with

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I would like to see some video of what ya'll are doing -- and you really don't have to make a wicked cool ass video --- you could just email me some raw footage.

Okay...busted...we fly like bricks...editing is just used to hide the shoddy flying bits hehe:P

And as for seeing footage...no worries..more stuff is coming online this summer...got close to 5 hours of un-edited footage on my HD and we hope to get a third flyer into our act as an outside-camera to show our stuff a bit clearer...

But untill that time, you'll just have to believe us on our word, while we can be found on dropzones around belgium and holland signing autographs on wingsuit flyers logbooks for all the 'first' moves we've invented ofcourse;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just roamed through my hard-drive and found this old edit, with some footage from summer last year.

It has some small hints at early tries at carving (in the direction of flight) and the double whammy (linked front/backflying flip flipover flip thingy!)

Bare in mind that this is over a year ago, and monkeys do learn new tricks:P

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3991
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I know you have better -- come on -- show it
You don't want us Yanks beating you to itB|

'beat us' all you wantB|
I guess thats the difference between 'us europeans' and 'you yanks' hehe..:P

Things CAN be cool without having to put a 'first' sticker on it;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?