piercewhat

Focusing on long flight

Wingsuit Jump number 12, (skydive #302) flying a Birdman GTI yesterday sunset load. I exited at 13,700 flew my regular pattern flew balls out and after I pitched at 3,500 feet my sabre 1 170 snivled which was wierd, I was in the saddle by 2,700 and once on the ground the neptune read 133 seconds of flight and 44mph at 3 grand. Lucky enough Lurch was there to witness the read out. Thanks for the help Brian.

Fly further...

Ben

And congrats again on the absolutely spectacular performance, Ben. That sound of eerily quiet freefall gets addicting real quick, to some.
You may find some of the more experienced birds have already grown somewhat cynical about it, somewhat scornfully referring to it as "number chasing."
Ignore it. If you are "number chasing" it is due to a fierce desire to fly better, faster, further, longer, more.
Indulge that desire to the limit, and you'll find that that limit breaks, over and over again, and what looked impossible becomes your new Normal.
I STILL can't believe you pulled that off this early in your wingsuit development curve. I am so....freakin....jealous. You love the wind THAT much, it starts loving you back.
Just awesome, Ben. Congratulations, now go fly more! The wind wants you back.
WOOHOO!
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Nice, dude!B|

The last weekend I was jumping I juuust got my protrack to max out at 119sec (19th wingy jump) but I really really want to improve on that! I feel like I've got all the ingredients of a good body position (arms, shoulders, torso, legs - hips a bit iffy) but I can't seem to get them all working well at the same time.

But then I also want to do more barrel rolls and front loops and try a first backloop and flock with more people and then if there's clouds around I want to dive at them and fly round the edges and oh my god I need to fly right the fuck now!!:D

Flock on bro!;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?