wzettler

New Tony suits wingsuit

Bear in mind the photo is of a prototype and the final suit may look nothing like this. I found the integrated webbed gloves interesting, but I'm not sure how much they affect the flight.

Tony is still experimenting with the arm wing inlets. As you can see in the photo, the ones on this model weren't that effective.

It's really exciting to see new ideas being tried out. I wish Tony and Jeff lots of luck!

Scott

I know more than one camera man who has pulled the PC through the wing

my camera suit has wings, that are quite the same size and shape. and once I had to deploy through the wing ;) but that is not a big problem B|

in fact the suit we see on the photo is a prototype, and modifications are still in progress...

hint: pf v1 has even bigger wings :)http://www.phoenix-fly.com/images/za_index3.jpg

Bear in mind....

SNORT.
Somehow.
I just knew that was coming. I don't know how but I knew.
Interesting suit there. I'd been thinking about doing something with the hands on my old GTI exactly like what Tony has done with his suit, the idea being to be able to tense the wings cleanly all the way to the fingetips. I'm not surprised to see it implemented, its the next logical step to increase available wing area.
The next step AFTER will be to sweep the material back and integrate the handwrap with wing extensions like a V1.
THEN we'll see some fallrate.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

hm...broken arms/shoulders were the *best* results throught the wings.

hmm...i understood your post in a wrong way and thought that you are talking about PULLING thru the fablic...sorry bout that...

This has a gap it looks like from mid back to the connection point.

dont think there is a gap there... trying to zoom...

This thread reminds me of a jump I did on an early iteration of a wingsuit that Tony made. It hangs on the wall in the free fly bunker at Z-hills. As far as I know I'm the only one to actually jump it. That's what Tony told me anyway. The free fliers called it Tony's Death Suit.
Death Suit
It's not a skydive video, it just shows the suit.

BSBD
-Bill

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...

Anybody have pics of the Tony Suit wingsuit the Jeff "My Eyes!" jumped on the night jumps at Z-Hills this past Saturday???
It was white, the latest model, included slots in the suit for glow sticks...a few glow sticks were a few feet long! He looked like the poster boy for the Rainbiw Boogie...j/k!
Amazingly easy to spot in the sky at night tooo!!!
c'mon..someone has pics!!

:D