wzettler

New Tony suits wingsuit

So a few days ago I got the new issue (June) of Skydiving Magazine and it mentions in the "Maybe You've Heard" section a new wingsuit that Tony Suits is about to release but I don't see anything on their website. Has anyone seen or flown the suit? Whats the deal? :)

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

Matt, did you take any pics of Tony's suit? The write-up in Skydiving says it will not require any real "rigging". I have two guesses as to what it's going to look like. One guess is that it resembles a Prodigy, only with inflatable arm wings. The other is that it's a one piece suit that you simply have to thread the legstraps through a "skyflyer-like" vent at the crotch.

edited to add: as the product has been discussed in print, I see no problem whatsoever posting photos, so give it up, sucker!

Chuck

Neff Nebelkoff (sp?) is a major part of this...
you're very close there Chuck...inflatable leg wing too...
They have like 3 different versions already...close to the Prodigy but a one-piece.
Interesting development too...they are working on the air inlet design and wing cells lately it seems.
I may have some video of it....ho wtop secret is this?
TS-SBI no foreigns????
:o

ho wtop secret is this?

Can't be that secret, Tony and I were discussing this back at the last Summerfest. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Tony and Jeff are pursuing a parallel development path playing off the ideas of each other. They both have some very interesting ideas, for sure.

Tony's suit flew with us very well last Sunday and I've also flown with Jeff in his.

It's really great to see their innovative ideas in the air!

Did you happen to get any good back flying still shots recently?????
:)

No shots of good backflying, but I did get some of you. :D:P

Here's a few attachments. Email me if you want hi-res versions, Mark. The "top secret" suit is visible in the exit photo. Chuck if you look closely you can see legstraps. Sorry for the dark pictures, I was experimenting with camera settings and am too lazy to edit right now. I was joking about the "top secret" thing, but in truth I don't feel right posting a pic of the suit without asking Tony first. He did design the suit and he did put a blurb about it in Skydiving, but he may not want a flight photo posted on the web just yet. I think it'd be great advertising, and it's great that people are talking about it already - but out of respect for him I'm not gonna post one just yet... maybe soon though if I can get in touch with him.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The "top secret" suit is visible in the exit photo. Chuck if you look closely you can see legstraps.

Are the wings connected to the body with RSL shackles? Looks like it from the exit shot and would make sense considering the pedigree...
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

You must have very good eyes because I cannot see that in the exit shot

I think then that I am interpolating from how I remember seeing some camera suits connect up (can't see any examples on the TonySuits.com gallery), the flash of red (shackle lanyard?), and the metallic colouring on the leg. Can you post a zoom in on that section from a hi res picture so I can see if it's what I thought I was seeing?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

With the wing connecting so far down the leg, are there any gaps when going to deploy? I know more than one camera man who has pulled the PC through the wing.

But it looks like maybe half the wing is connected as part of the body (feed wings through the harness, then connect the rest to the leg, which would minimize the gap.

Very interesting arm position compared to the majority of the BM/PF suits....

Comments on the web hands???

Those are the two things that really struck me looking at the suit too. The shape of the leg wing looks fairly conventional (apart from however it integrates with the rig) but the arm wing as a whole is quite strange looking. With the arm (and most of the arm wing surface) so far forwards I wonder if that affects the forward speed of the suit, will it be a floaty type suit? The arm wing also looks very (not sure of the right word) stretchy? Balloony? Something like that.:P

I'd also love to see if that webbing is just on the back of the hand or if anything is on the palm as well, wonder what the pull feels like?

Material looks different too.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I'll try to answer some of the questions based on what I remember. I will repeat that it is a prototype and as far as I know Tony's just having fun with the process at this point and trying different things.

what material is that? it doesn't look like zp..

The material seems thinner than the BM/PF suits, that's about the only thing I can say conclusively (repeating that it is a prototype and he may have just used what he had handy - I've seen other prototypes of his and Jeff's made from freefly suit material). I think I remember somebody telling me that it WAS canopy material, and the stuff our suits are made out of it is much thicker than ZP. I don't really know for sure.

On intuition alone, I'd guess the webbed hands don't do much. But then again I haven't tried them. Not sure I'd want to either... they are sort of sleeve-integrated gloves that do cover the whole hand, and the material does seem a bit slick. I know a few people who saw it were put off by that (hackey concerns), but Tony doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

I do not know if it is possible to pull through the wing, I am not sure how big of a gap, if any, there is.

The suit seems to do ok with forward drive, despite the appearance of the arms. The flock was a bunch of S3's and they were all pushing it out for some reason (not too hard, just harder than a normal flock). It was Tony's 6th wingsuit jump and he was asking us for tips before the jump, but once we were in the air he flew like a pro, he was with us from exit, to about 7k where he punched it out and left us all behind. B| I was on my back and tried to chase him but failed and it was breakoff time by then anyway.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I like the arm position, since it should be easier to fly (I think this position should require less strenght on your muscles...) but the wing profile, at least from the pic, is not perfect... maybe some mylar ribs can help to keep the right wing profile? :S

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104