fergs

Bird Strike

> There's quite a bit of DVD material (lucy, the falcon that flew, or something like that) which has wingsuiters flying, and falcons eating from their hand WHILE flying along with the wingsuiters... they're capable of a lot more then we are
Where on earth is this DVD material available?!?!?!?!? :o
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Like I said earlier, the footage Leo and crew captured on that DVD (The Falcon That Flew With Man) is awesome - no doubt about it, but all the formation flying is in the first few seconds of BASE exits. Nothing there shows a Falcon capable of matching the glide path of a well flown wingsuit in full flight. (And of course it's Peregrines not Eagles)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

> Nothing there shows a Falcon capable of matching the glide path of a well flown wingsuit in full flight. (And of course it's Peregrines not Eagles)
Exactly what I said: it's hard to imagine a peregrine falcon/any bird to fly 200 km/h-124 Mph horizontally AND 100 km/h-62 Mph vertically PERMANENTLY (=steady flight).
Is there somewhere ANY footage that shows a peregrine falcon/any bird matching the flight path of a wingsuit pilot in full flight?
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

i had a fight with a lawnmower the athor day and it won . at least you can have a good brag about the scars mate . i met leo at KJERAG a couple of years ago top bloke he interviewed me at the landing erea very strange indeed...B|

i had a fight with a lawnmower the athor day and it won . at least you can have a good brag about the scars mate . i met leo at KJERAG a couple of years ago top bloke he interviewed me at the landing erea very strange indeed...B|

Hector,

are you volunteering to come over and mow my lawn? Oh no, I've read your post again - seems not. Well, I'll have to come over west and we can fly ...

Blue Skies,

fergsB|

hey i once nearly docked whith donald duck on my way down from an A,in a rather fast speed,lucky me Donald saw me and avoided a mid air colission,however at the video it apper that im falling off this A and donald had a flightpattern just in my fall area:D:ph34r:

I do belive an eagle can dive whith thouse speeds a ws fly whith today but i find it hard to belive its flocking,i would rather say that headposter flew the eagle down in midair,but by thouse speeds it will be inkredible tough to see it and avoid it.

good skills getting away aliveB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

If you're going to fly with the big birds, you've got to have BIG WINGS!!

I am glad you survived to tell such a story and I am bummed that you didn't have another flocker to film the event. That would have made Real TV for sure!!! :P

Glad to see you are alright!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

hey fergs just picked up that footage of andres wingsuit collision iv captured it on my pc im still tryin to save it and upload it [ man why is editing software so hard to use , or is it just me!!! ] im off to norway on sat ye ha ile catch ya mate ...:) :)

Hey Fergs:

I noticed you are from Australia. It must be rough having to fly BirdMan over Australia. :S:P How far are you from the GB Reef? Cool interests by the way, I have always wanted to go to Australia and SCUBA dive the GB reef and check out Tagoolowah (sp?) I still haven't made it to Australia though.

Damn it Jim >:(
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Jen,

I'm in the south of the country, in Canberra.

You should come to Toogoolawa in October for the Equinox Boogie - then dive the GB Reef. It'll be the most fun you'll have this year and next. Do the boogie for a week, then dive the GB reef for a second week, then go back home to recover.

Believe me, it'll be well worth the bucks and minor hassles of arranging stuff at home.

blue Skies,

fergs
BMCI
;)