islandboyflyrz

V1 !!!!!!

Just wondering if we should start betting on when you will chop it if you are…

Sam,
Is it 'The Price is Right' closest wins rules? I'm gonna go with within 30 jumps, or more specifically 15 jumps.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

That’s a good plan.

I apologize for my smartass comment in the earlier response.

Further to the ‘best wingsuit canopy’ thread, I think the Sabre is a good choice, but a Spectre will open nicer. Way easier to find a nice cheap used Sabre than a Spectre though…

Wings are good too, but for wingsuit use do NOT get the cut-in laterals – they are a pain in the ass to rig up your wingsuit with.

Wings are good too, but for wingsuit use do NOT get the cut-in laterals – they are a pain in the ass to rig up your wingsuit with.

and all the wingsuit mods which are not needed add up to be a pain in the ass to pack

Get a regular container and a slightly longer bridle

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Mine work great. Whats the problems with them? :S

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

on the Wings containers they have really wide backing pads behind the laterals

these require you to skip an extra tab on most suits, unless you have a suit with long tabs

this leads to the wing being not attached for a bigger area and the suit gets deformed under load more easily with these big triangular pads running toward the centre of the container

this issue is likely specific to the Wings style of cut in laterals, it would not exist where the laterals are narrow and do not have wide backing pads

hope that helped

on the Wings containers they have really wide backing pads behind the laterals

these require you to skip an extra tab on most suits, unless you have a suit with long tabs

this leads to the wing being not attached for a bigger area and the suit gets deformed under load more easily with these big triangular pads running toward the centre of the container

this issue is likely specific to the Wings style of cut in laterals, it would not exist where the laterals are narrow and do not have wide backing pads

hope that helped

The Wings EXT I have fits great with the cut in laterals, only skipping 1 tab.
No deformation here.;)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

My Mirage has the fat cut-in laterals and has not been an issue. I only skip one tab. It does look a bit awkward on the ground but its fine otherwise.

My next rig will not have cut in laterals...wait I already have my second rig...racer elite(1983) B|. If the weather permits I'll be jumping it this weekend.

Kris.

You are the only person with a Wings (or Wings EXT) I have heard of who does not have the issue I described.

I have an EXT (W8-1, 99 main, 126 reserve) and it's never been a problem for me.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Cool.

You are the only person with a Wings (or Wings EXT) I have heard of who does not have the issue I described.

What size is your harness, container, suit, you?

Sam, I too have two identical Wings W1 EXT's with cut-in laterals and I don't have any problem just skipping the "normal" one tab. That said, as tiny as my rigs are I really didn't need the cut-ins. Yes, the additional padding on the laterals gets pinched a bit, but it doesn't bug me or hamper my suit rigging. I will probably skip the cut-in option on my replacement containers if I ever decide I need new ones.

Chuck

Since we're talking of V1, here's my concern:

I got half a dozen jumps on mine now, and I've got that feeling that it's immenslely fast, and that the flight is ridiculously short, compared to my old crossbow. That would mean that, despite an apparently good glide, the fall rate is high.

Or that may also mean that I'm flying it in a dive, at a speed higher than the best glide speed.

Any feedback by V-1 users?

Fabien
BASE#944

With good body position (flat body, toes pointed, legs straight and locked, head tucked and looking at your toes) you should be able to easily hold a 40 mph fall rate...............that is until you get tired and start to relax. Holding that position for 3 minutes takes better conditioning than I will ever have

I have been able to hold mid to low 30's in the fall rate areas for about 20 seconds at a time-- but I perfer to flock with my friends at an easier pace of say 55ish mph -- but its nice to know its there when you want to leave your friends in their other company's suits in the dust just because you can!

Concentrate on keeping your body super flat - no dearch-- pointed toes -- knees locked -- and you will go slow down and fast forward

If your doing it right your calf muscles will ache for 3 days after a good day of scream thru the sky

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

If your doing it right your calf muscles will ache for 3 days after a good day of scream thru the sky

Coulnd't walk after 2 flights with my Phantom... If someone has some tips to prepare these muscles, I'd be glad to hear them :)

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Coulnd't walk after 2 flights with my Phantom... If someone has some tips to prepare these muscles, I'd be glad to hear them :)

Jul.

Yeah I too am regularly sore after a weekend of wingsuiting. I've also noticed my chest and arm muscles increase in strength and size. I guess wingsuiting is a workout in itself, but I think to be able to get full performance out of a wingsuit you need to workout certain muscle groups as well. If you're looking for wingsuit specific workout tips, Scott has this covered in his book. Unfortunately I don't have the discipline to go out and do the excercises regularly.

Oh yeah and stretching in the morning before the first jump helps too.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Yeah I too am regularly sore after a weekend of wingsuiting. I've also noticed my chest and arm muscles increase in strength and size. I guess wingsuiting is a workout in itself, but I think to be able to get full performance out of a wingsuit you need to workout certain muscle groups as well. If you're looking for wingsuit specific workout tips, Scott has this covered in his book. Unfortunately I don't have the discipline to go out and do the excercises regularly.

Oh yeah and stretching in the morning before the first jump helps too.

Been going to the gym twice a week to get ready for the summer.
My upper body is fine now but I just don't know how to workout my calves for static force.

Streching is always good, before and especially after.

May be I'll buy scott's book..
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

I've seen a few people not fly the arm wing completely open (arms a bit bent, or pushed down/drooping), while stretching the legwing completely out/open.

This seems to put them in a headlow attitude thats more like diving instead of max flying...

Getting some video of yourself flying, and analyzing your body posture (see if anything might be causing your headlow flying) might help out?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I've seen a few people not fly the arm wing completely open (arms a bit bent, or pushed down/drooping), while stretching the legwing completely out/open.

This seems to put them in a headlow attitude thats more like diving instead of max flying...

Head low is not bad and just being head low does not mean that the WS flyer is in a dive (you know this)....as for the arm wing not being completely open..that is a secret :P. Infact all my flights with better glide are headlow.

Kris.

Head low is not bad and just being head low does not mean that the WS flyer is in a dive (you know this)
Kris.

I know being A BIT headlow is needed for more drive...more speed, more lift etc.

But that only works to a certain degree....
But when you see someone flying with you, and he's going down at about 80 mph and disappearing beneath you and behind you I dont think he's really getting a lot of extra lift there..

You see some people flying with their arms swooped a bit back, or arm-wings not completely opened sometimes, and that puts them in a more diving position...and definately not in the max-glide position you are talking about..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?