Zeemax

Powerball - i'm addicted... seriously...

www.powerballs.com

I found these on the interweb and figured it could be good for a giggle. Picked one up today while out shopping and now i'm addicted.

It's supposed to build muscles in all parts of the arm, and after playing with it for some time, i can certainly feel the burn!

I picked one up with the intention of strengthening my arms for wingsuit flying...

Can someone who has actual knowledge of muscles tell me if this will actually do anything?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

my best so far is 9620 RPM and my arm feels like it's going to fall off.... i really need to work on this...!

Did you feel any improvement in your arms?

Mine lights up too. I think its the same brand. I read somewhere they only just added the rpm counter on it...

my arms hurt... ha ha!

I'm no strength training expert, but it seems to me that the strength gained by using a powerball would be minimal. I own one and use it to help increase circulation to my forarms and hands so as to speed the recovery for some chronic finger injuries I've given myself via rock climbing. The kind of exercise provided by one of these devices seems to mainly benefit muscular endurance in the forearm (mainly the top of the arm, or the muscles used in opening your grip and pulling your hand backwards in my experience) I have never noticed a "pump" in my biceps, triceps, shoulders or chest, which seem to be the muscles that would be in use to hold a wing open. Keep in mind that I have never flown a wingsuit. And also keep in mind that my experience with the device may not be typical. Good luck