clint

1st Birdman Jump into Mineral Bottom Canyon in Moab, Utah

Our pilot was jumping a Phantom Wingsuit from 14,000 AGL above Mineral Bottom Canyon. 2.5 minutes of freefall. I'm sure he'll post later and put up some video soon.

Attached is a picture of mineral bottom. (Not from wingsuit jump)

-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

Diablo has turned into a skilled wingsuit pilot -- hopefully he will come back to Texas and play with his wingsuit compadres when the season is over.

It looks like that view is slightly different than the cow pastures we are used to flyin' over

An amazing flight. Views are unreal. This is only a birds evey view. Only so much can be captured on video. I left at 14000 agl and was in the saddle about 1500ft above the top of the canyon. Down to the bottom was about 2500 or so. Hope you all enjoy. Thanx clint and shelle, and my two instructors back in texas. Two out Ted and Voodew. thanx for opening my door to wingsuiting. Ohhh and I bet you wish you were here bitches. :D

Check it out.

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3685

D

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

An amazing flight. Views are unreal. This is only a birds evey view. Only so much can be captured on video. I left at 14000 agl and was in the saddle about 1500ft above the top of the canyon. Down to the bottom was about 2500 or so. Hope you all enjoy. Thanx clint and shelle, and my two instructors back in texas. Two out Ted and Voodew. thanx for opening my door to wingsuiting. Ohhh and I bet you wish you were here bitches. :D

Damn... very cool visuals man. I sure do wish I was there. Very cool. BTW, you took a Cessna 182 to 14000ft? How long did that take? :o
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

The plane is a beast its a straight tail 182 with a
O-550 Stol kit and wingtip extensions we were at 19000 and still getting 200 fpm. I was felling pretty good, note the big smile in the video. Overall it took about 30 min. Light load helped.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." Leonardo da Vinci