Jespresso

The S3S Rocks

The weather broke up here in the NW and I finally got in the air with my new S3S. This suit rocks. The battens in the wings seem to really help with the stability. It flies as smooth as my GTI even when I let go of the gripppers. I only got in 2 jumps before the weather turned to crap, but I can't wait till next Sat. I only have 1 jump on an S3 so I could be full of crap, but it seemed like it took a lot more effort to fly smooth and stable. When I let go of the grippers near the end of the flight it got alittle squirrly. The S3S seems like a huge improvement. Thanks to Ed Palowski for helping me decide on which suit to move up to. NO REGRETS.
Blue skies,
James

I also did my first jumps on my brand new S3S. The suit rocks!! When I started getting the body position right, forward speed and lift was amazing, definitely a step up from the S3. As you rotate arms, you can feel the lift from the front wing deflectors.

Felt very clean and easy to fly as well.

Simon

Is the AOB Boogie the "All The Above" boogie in Skydive Oregon?

Yes it is James. ;) SDO is bring me up to organize again this year, so I hope to fly with you during the AOB Boogie as well as during the WestCoast Wingsuit Weekend in May. :)
Glad you like your new S3S. B|

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Hello,
I got my S3S today.
I was diggin' it as soon as I opened the box.
I was especially diggin' it as soon as I got out the door.
What are the dates for AOB this year.
God bless you,
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hello,
I got my S3S today.
I was diggin' it as soon as I opened the box.
I was especially diggin' it as soon as I got out the door.
What are the dates for AOB this year.
God bless you,
Avery

Glad you liked your new toy Avery. :)
The tenative dates for the AOB Boogie at Skydive Oregon this year are August 25th-27th and I should be flying in on the 24th.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Got my new S3s - man what a machine ! incredible forward speed and lift coupled with easiness to fly, the whole thing just works really well ~ I have a question for guys / girls whom have got a bit more experience on the suit (I have only done about 10 jumps on it)- what is your general leg position when flying for best decent rate (or longest time in the air) in the suit? That would be for the duration of a whole flight, not just when you dive and flare. I started out with pointing my toes out but im starting to get better times locking my knees as wide as possible while pointing them inwards so that the max stretch is on the top section of the leg wing.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

what is your general leg position when flying for best decent rate (or longest time in the air) in the suit? That would be for the duration of a whole flight, not just when you dive and flare. I started out with pointing my toes out but im starting to get better times locking my knees as wide as possible while pointing them inwards so that the max stretch is on the top section of the leg wing.

Well, I haven't done that many solo performance flights, but I've always been taught you want to lock you knees and point your toes, while pushing your leg out. You really want your airfoil to be as flat as possible. Flutter = drag = bad, so try to keep all surfaces as tight as possible.

You might be getting better times because putting less tension on your toes is perhaps making it easier on some other part of your body to perform better (wild theory alert here! :P).
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News