Zeemax

Hello new Bird Man suits...!

Just got the mail from Jari...

The S6 is finally here along with an 'R' version of the Fire Bird :)
go check them both out at www.Bird-Man.com

Details on the new S6:

·Semi rigid Mylar ribs.
·Snaps for booties.
·Adjustable thumb loops.
·Leather booties.
·Velcro-less cut away pillow & loop.
·Wing grippers.
·L.Q.R.S. (leg wing quick release).
·BASE pouch.
·New leading edge with large front deflectors and logo.

Looks pretty good too :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

You'll definately be happy with it. I had an S3's before i had a little 'accident' and its an awesome suit. I really enjoyed flying it and it had a huge amount of range :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I wouldn't worry too much. S6 looks just like S3S with minor cosmetic changes applied. There definitely won't be any noticeable increase in perfomance.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Zeemax Feb 22, 2006, 7:17 AM
outragerFeb 22, 2006, 7:52 AM

Amazing.... Only 25mins for the opinion sword to swing. :D:S

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Low blow, but i guess you only had a personal attack left. Please enlighten me Ed...

Please do not take that as a low blow or pesonal attack James. It wasn't dirrected toward you, and I personally think you look good with blonde hair. ;)
And as far as enlightening you about the S.6? I can tell you I have never flown one, so I have no opinion on how it performs from the S3S.
I personally think all of the 3 different types of wingsuit I fly, made by 3 different manufacturers are great fun to fly, and I offer no opinion of which suit I think out performs the other.

I guess you could say, it would just be great if people would stopped all the "my suit is better then your's" bullshit. That issue is so wore out these days....

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

All,

Consider this your last collective warning before I purge this thread back down to just a few posts.

This need not be a pissing contest. Comments on your opinions about the suits are fine (although perhaps a bit early in the game). Comments about each other are not.

Personally, I think this is a very good thing. Mostly because I want Robert to release the V-2, so I can buy one, and I think this may push him in that direction.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Personally, I think this is a very good thing. Mostly because I want Robert to release the V-2, so I can buy one, and I think this may push him in that direction.

Competition can be good for progress, although the S6 doesn't seem to be the brand new ultra-performance 'Blade' that I know people were expecting.

Also, the Classic2 seems to have disappeared but hasn't been replaced by a 'Legend'.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Amazing.... Only 25mins for the opinion sword to swing. :D:S

It took about 25 seconds to come to that conclusion, and i will challenge you and everybody else to prove me wrong. I state that S6 perfomance (L/D) will not be measurably different from S3S.

Quite frankly, i am very disappointed at WS progression. It needs some competition in the Max Perfomance class, but nobody wants to challenge Robi's designs. This creates an inefficient monopoly on top-level suit market, making Robi lazy and pushing the same old Vampire design into another season B|

I always want to fly the top-performing suit, do not care about sponsorships or any official crap, and would swap brands in a heartbeat. Unfortunately there is no real choice now. GS guys looked like they could put up a challenge, but their suit didn't even come close. French clones are way behind. BirdMan beats around an ancient S3 (designed by Robi years ago). Anybody else i forgot ?

bsbd!

Yuri.

Patience Yuri, maybe he's got something in the works for next year. I know that's what I'm waiting on. Good things come to those who wait. I'm sure it takes time to produce quality. ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

i'm curious how much difference the mylar ribs will effect the firebird, but at that cost, i'd personally rather get a s3s.

The decals on the S6 must substract at least 10 mph to your freefall :D

like the back pack tho :)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Let me tell you that some very exiting things are being made here in Karskland... Groundbreaking stuff.. If one wants to have the best, one has to make it him self..
When you think that there is a lot to improve in wingsuit designs, make your own..
When you think the rig you wear looks like a brick, and makes you fly like one, make your own..
When you need to look cool on the exit or at the dz, and there is no helmets out there with the shape your after, make your own...

I hope more people out there start designing and making gear they have dreamt about! Because it will take a long time bfore any of the known brands will push the limit as far ass we need to really fly! Together we can make man fly faster and further than ever before.

Pictures will come soon..

Take care ,
Andreas VKB #12