TomAiello

Smoke Bracket in Classifieds

Hey,

I saw this smoke bracket in the classifieds.

I realize that the creator of the bracket posts here, and can answer some of these questions (and has done so in the other thread), but I'd love to hear from anyone else who has used this bracket.

What's the total clearance from the leg to the smoke cannister?

How do the foot straps fit relative to the booties (wingsuit or otherwise)? Inside? Outside?

Do the brackets clear the outside of the big GS-1 style suits?

Anyone here used them and have any in-flight feedback?

Thanks.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tom, no one has used these brackets yet. Dave, the guy who made them, just finished them up. They're based on a prototype we used back during halloween. The straps go under the bootie. I'd love to give you some in-flight data, but we don't have our V1s or our GS1s right now, so it's going to be tough. I'll let you know how they work with prodigies :P.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

I used a new design myself recently with both V1 and GS1 I'll dig out the pics, the desing is verey simple and would cost about £5 in materials and was fine for both suits, no stains heat issues and I used 2 smoke taped together in the bracket. Will post pics shortly.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

What's the total clearance from the leg to the smoke cannister?

It will be 4 inches from the leg to the smoke canister --about 2 1/2 from leg to canister heat shield/holder.

How do the foot straps fit relative to the booties (wingsuit or otherwise)? Inside? Outside?

The foot straps will go on first, pulling the foot plate onto the foot and pulling the foot into the heel cup.
If a bracket cutaway is needed the cutaway cable releases the straps and the bracket will fall away.
The foot plate only covers half the foot so it is easy to walk in.
As for the cutaway cable I have punched a grommet and sewen in velcro so the cable will run inside the suit and out by the foot - easy to reach (located at mid thigh)

Do the brackets clear the outside of the big GS-1 style suits?

That depends on if you got the early model with the heel cup or the later models with out. I haven't had a chance to try that as my GS1s were sent back for the new modifactions

Anyone here used them and have any in-flight feedback?

Only have used the first generation but this one solves all the issues of the first one.

If anyone as any other questions I would be happy to answer.

This smoke bracket was my idea and manufactured by a perfectionist who has taken my design and made it 20 times better -- the smoke canister cutaway is genious -- it is very light weight and flying with the first model you didn't even know it was there. The only changes were point the smoke straight down the leg instead of towards the toe and the addition of the whole bracket cutaway system.

Email if you would like the brochure [email protected]

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Its hand layed fiberglass (solid) -- its extremely strong and they will have a 1 yr repair or replace warranty (loss not included)

Not exactly sure on the weight but I would guess without smoke 1lb ---- I will weigh it and get back with you

looks good, do you ship interntationally?

Is there a cut away for the canister holder itself, of is it for the whole bracket?

Did you consider using carbon fiber instead of the fiber glass?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Is there a cut away for the canister holder itself, of is it for the whole bracket?

There is a cutaway for both.

looks good, do you ship interntationally?

We don't plan to ship overseas due to past problems with the shipping of helmets (customs/non payment of taxes which falls back on the manufacture)

As for the carbon fuckin fiber thing --Dave knows fiberglass ----

here are some better pics of the cutaway system.

Realize that the cables come 28" long and are to be cut to what ever suits the need -- I have them pulled all the way down for visual aid

Edit to add --- smoke canister is about 1" off of the ground while walking -- doesn't impede on walking at all but keeps the smoke as far from the suit as possible without making it impossible to walk.

Weight of unit is about 14oz -- give or take a little they are hand made for the most part so it can change one way or the other slightly --- shouldn't ever be over a pound

We don't plan to ship overseas due to past problems with the shipping of helmets (customs/non payment of taxes which falls back on the manufacture)

Even with up front payment?

What about if one of us (in the UK) became a distributer for you?
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

If you have ordered and paid for one of these brackets and have not heard from me -- please get in contact with me -- I need to refund your money.

The guy manufacturing the brackets suffered some injuries yesterday that will prevent him from making them for some time (8 to 10 weeks)

There is only one person I have not contacted and he lives up north --- please contact me -- I don't have your info anymore, the manufacture does.

Sorry to use this forum this way but I don't want anyone to think I am trying to screw them out of money.
Thank you
Voodew