arai

what do you think are the next advancements?

Are you going to basejump some quasi hybrid skydiving container? I doubt anybody else will.

I have seen experienced jumpers using skyhook equipped Vector 3's on BASE jumps. I personally wouldn't do it, but that's not to say it doesn't happen occasionally. Personally, I think that if you are willing to jump a Sorcerer, the skyhook is actually a more modern version of the same technology.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

wow, shit like this is probably why there ARE BASE ONLY individuals. a few people are redefining "wingsuiting" right now and they are doing by themselves for their own reasons. needless to say, which will probably benifit everyone in due time.
SO HAVE SOME RESPECT for the people who are pushing the limits of survival and flight. not to see how many people can hold hands while shit out the back of a tailgate. no disrespect but think about it.
alot of skydiving sucks because of this kind of pissing. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

I don't think any 'mere skydivers' where putting basers down...

I think it's just a few people who are way too eager to put on a 'see how big my willy is' contest...

check the base forum, and you'll see that the ego's that are clashing in here are there as well. different people, different subjects...but the same egos...as well as the same people that love what they do, and cuddle together and spread the love...

yelling fuck and saying ws-skydiver x can beat ws-base means nothing...

theres nobody saying that basers or not in a completely different realm, when it comes to their planning, excecution, extra danger, balls or pushing the envelope style flying...

but what started as a simple 'flocking spawns different wingsuit designs, more flocking oriented, less max-flight oriented' thing from yuri (something you see, with suits for max flight, intermediate flight, earobatics etc) got ripped appart into 'basers are flying more efficient' by some people feeling the need to prove something...(re: ego?) while there's plenty of people in skydiving that do nothing else but fly long solos, and outfly everyone who tries to get near them.
Not everyone is a 'holding hands' type of person...

There might not be a piece of rock 10 meters below them, a ledge to clear, and their life may not depend on their flying..

But saying that because of that, a skydiving wingsuiter doing 200 times more flight-time then a base-wingsuiter could never match the base-wingsuiter in terms of performance is quite short-sighted...(and yes, I know there's people doing both)

I'm not saying that the best wingsuit flyer is NOT a baser..or that there is a skydiving wingsuit flyer who flies better then a baser..

But unless we start hooking EVERY flyer on the planet up to a GPS, put them in the same suit, and have them fly the same couple of thousand feet and then take that collected data and compare...then there is NO WAY OF KNOWING who flies better...

And trying to put base into the damnation corner is also a big load sh*t, as there isnt one SINGLE wingsuiter here on this forum, who is not getting the biggest, fattest, wet, dripping, shiny hard-on as he watches those weflyudontmove guys track like maniacs, or see loic dodging trees...and also no doubt those guys could outfly 99% of the people here...be it basers or skydivers...

but I also have no doubt, that had loic only been flying his suit from an airplane...he would have become the same amazing flying he is now 'performance-wise' (in terms of flying his suit to the max)

and theres a million things to say...basers get more feedback from the ground/passing rocks...'skydivers' get more airtime to practice...some people do both....
but you simply do not KNOW who the best 'max performance' flyer is....and hopefully wil never now, as that person may be a camera-less flyer (base? skydive) without the desire to be in every video you post online...

Finaly glad a conversation didnt turn into a brand-pissing-contest..and some a-hole has to turn it into a base/skydive contest...get a life...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

talking about wingsuitin and base on the internet is alot like jacking off...
nowhere as good as the real thing and makes you feel stupid, but somepeople do it way too much.

I am not sure if I have a problem -- exactly what is to much???
And I never feel stupid - you must have a complex or something!
But you are a funny fucker - I like it!!!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

there isnt one SINGLE wingsuiter here on this forum, who is not getting the biggest, fattest, wet, dripping, shiny hard-on as he watches those weflyudontmove guys track like maniacs, or see loic dodging trees

Uhh..... I like being one of the boys and all, but, uhh....

I think I might be without the proper equipment to show this kind of appreciation.

Way to go making me feel inadequate!

Oh, and get your ass to PR!!!!

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

as that person may be a camera-less flyer (base? skydive) without the desire to be in every video you post online...

You are soooo right! Try to look up Pascal Gisler for example (this won't be easy...). There are plenty of truly amazing flights happening without most people, "base" or "skydivers" or "elite" or whatnot, having any idea.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Are you going to basejump some quasi hybrid skydiving container? I doubt anybody else will.

I have seen experienced jumpers using skyhook equipped Vector 3's on BASE jumps. I personally wouldn't do it, but that's not to say it doesn't happen occasionally. Personally, I think that if you are willing to jump a Sorcerer, the skyhook is actually a more modern version of the same technology.

Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

my low pull rig was built in response to the accident at royal gorge. For Demo or special jumps.... MUST HAVE TSO'D rig for aircraft!!! Used it at bridge day to show how skyhook works, yes chopped at 200 ft and still stuck the target... If you have the skill, clear with dzo and they are comfortable with you skill level,training, add some smoke and do one at end of day...again clear with dz before you do it. many are cool!!! just doing low pull for glory gets one booted or grounded... be cool and ask first, they need to let others know that person doing this is up to it, dont want dumbass going out trying to beat it!! did one this summed from para plane, newbie runs to s&ta and says some guy just pulled at 400 ft... bad news!!! was about 800 ft, but set bad example and took ass chewen, so ask and respect dzo wishes

no!! special equip.for special needs, dont want to climb,or hike with all that added weight. used it at b day, but for everyday jumps... getten old and back doesnt like the "dynamic" openings!!!! let other use sometime to get them used to brisk openings and a bit of ground rush... but with base canopie and large reserve... makes large and heavy rig!! as for canopie, was made a bit smaller for my size.. took it off 200 ft object and because of different crossports... had some issues with this particular canopy opening from pca... know your limets, go vented for low stuff... USE YOUR HEAD

in reply to "Original poster suggested using one container for normal skydives and normal basejumps. "

original poster suggested.... "a modular rig that could be altered as required..... "

Yep still don't see why not . ie altered for specific type of jump.
Didn't suggest using the exact same set up/ rig for all types of skydiving or base jumps. Even though most of the pioneering BASE jumpers did something very much like this ..some with success.... others with mixed results.B|
The idea here was that some less financial jumpers could get by with less gear & fewer rigs. Only an idea .... for the future..... I suppose every -one might get rich and it won't be a worry.