Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

I want to thank EVERYONE who attended and helped out making Z-Flock and Dock 2.0 a roaring success. The winds held us down on Saturday and the clouds did the same on Sunday but we still had one hell of a time!

TK and crew, Rob and Kathy, Chris, James thanks for the hard work.

You camera flyers got some killer shots! Perry, Avery, Scotty, Matt, Omar. Hey Perry .. are you okay?

You Texas flockers, Yuri, Brian, Jenn, Larry, Rebecca, Mike, Richard, Paul, Sam, Nate and on and on ... you guys ROCK! I'm reminded of the first time I jumped the New River Gorge Bridge. I landed on the beach, my hands shaking with adrenalin and my breath coming in gulps ... my first thought was "I've got to do that AGAIN!" Let's do this AGAIN!

I know we all got a bunch of dives on Friday with a 2 plane formation (40+ wedge) in the afternoon. Saturday we put up another 2 plane formation (40+ wedge) before the winds came up. A few hardy souls braved the winds and made a handful of dives. Sunday we made a few more flocks along with a 2 plane (30+ Vee) in and out of the clouds.

On the down side this year we had some weather issues, but we worked around that. We were also barely short of putting up enough people to have a 3 plane formation(TK was ITCHING to do this!).

On the up side this was one hell of an event. Right at 50 people were registered, some great prizes were handed out and a ton of great skydives were made.

I can't wait until next time!

Scott

Thank you to Scott, the other organizers and everyone for a well organized event that included everyone and a great time! I especially need to thank Robi, Phoenix Fly, and the other sponsors for all the wonderful prizes. I still can't believe I actually won a Phantom, but at the same time I can't wait to get it. I am very glad I came and will look forward to the next time. Joni

cheers fella...

thanks to ZHills for being so friendly

thanks to matt for your amazing stills & generosity

thanks to all the birdies for all the flights & keeping them safe

thanks to scott for making it happen

fie on the winds and low clouds
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

I would like to to say great job to everyone involved with this event, but espically to you Scott. You did an amazing job with the planning, logistics, and excecution of this event, and can say that it was definatly a first class event put on by a first class guy. Great job! I Look forward to flyin with yall again ASAP!

Blue Skies & big puffy Clouds
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Hey fl:ph34r:ckers!

It was great meeting and flying with you all.

Specifically I would like to thank Scott for organizing this, Robi and James for having my new suits done in time and letting me fly some of their personal suits, Ted for letting me use his V1 and Jason for making the coolest wingsuit smoke-bracket ever.

I should probably also apologize to the people behind me on the V1 load for switching slots while wearing smoke: Sorry about that one, gave an entirely new meaning to the term ‘got smoked’… :o

Here’s some frame grabs from my video: Z-FLock 2.0 Pics

Here’s my view on the bigways: view from my slot

I had a great time and look forward to flying with you all again.

Until then, Flock on!

Sam

Nice pics, Sam.

To Avery: thanks for the very-stylish hat! I am sporting it as I type.

Quote heard several times much to the chagrin of Voodew: "when are we leaving?":ph34r:

Another quote heard often on the ground as people landed off: "I bet Purple Mike led that dive!" :D

More quotes: "stand on your dots!!", "move forward six inches!" "Don't follow Purple Mike!" "Is it time for coctails?" "No, you can't have that slot."

I loved it.

Chuck

yup great time and people at zflock. 22 jumps later, I'm glad to meet all of you fluckers and can't wait to fly again. Nice to see that it was much larger this yr than last. Let's aim to keep the trend moving and get 70+ birds out next yr for 3.0!

Special thanks to Morpheus Tech, Robi, James, and Scott. Also to Voodew for swapping gear and letting me fly his V1 for one of our 4way stack jumps.And finally to richard for the use of his tentB|

*edit - Chuck. how dare you call me part of the Texas Posse! It's not like they are from Austin ;):D

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

I'd like to send a shout out ("tweetings") to all my British friends from the weekend.

Pentagram, Pentagon and Pantomime: you guys all rock! I hope I didn't miss anybody, but I'm sure Omar will cover any others I left out.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If any of you didn't see Jason's (Voodew) smoke bracket, this is one fine piece of engineering. I would offer the Z-Flock stamp of approval if it meant anything.

And I don't know what type of smoke that V1 formation was using, but it lasted the entire dive and even after landing (making that smoke-cutaway handy). One of the folks wearing smoke carved a sweet left hand circle directly overhead that was AWESOME. That smoke was thick and extremely visible. When you guys were coming over it looked like that video of space shuttle Columbia's breakup over Texas ... gave me the shivers.

It almost makes me want to jump smoke again ... almost.

You ARE such a video hog, Mike! It's all good though; Omar says he has plenty of footage of you now. :ph34r: See you soon!

Chuck

Funny story> Purple Mike use to fly some brand of full face helmet until he flew with some of the SoCal wingsuit guys that fly multi-point video and get close on every dive. That was it Mike had to get recognition: bye bye full face.

I just wanted to thank everybody for showing up and flocking with us.
As always thanks to the organizers, camera guys, pilots and to Z-hills staff.;)

I’m glad I had an opportunity to meet all you flockers. I was really thrill and honor to meet so many interesting characters that made the whole boogie interesting. B|

Sorry for the slots I toke, they were too much of a temptation to me.

Keep flying
Keep flocking
Love you all, mother flockers

Medusa
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Now that I can post again -- I just wanted to say that this was a great time.
I met some really cool people and really skilled flyers.............and Omar;)

One of the things I kept hearing over and over again that I just don't understand is
"You are way cooler in real life then on the internet"
Oh well I guess I will never understand that one:P

Zach(buried) -- it was an honor for you to be called one of the Texas Posse -- now due to your reponse we will have to hang you at Skyfest....sorry I was really enjoying flyin' with you.

And then we have Chuck --- late night Harley burnouts by the bar ---- watching and old guy on a motorcycle doing a burnout with the front wheel up against the steps will never get old.:D

I am really glad I went and will try to make it back in the future --- thanks to all the sponors, organizers, those who showed up to make it what it was and a special thanks to Robi,James,Rob,and Kathy

As for the smoke bracket thing -- well I believe there are a few gear stores that want to start selling my bracket design - due to that I am going to stop selling them to the general public because if this happens I can no longer undercut the ones that will placing the most orders ($100 was just to get the design out there the price was going to go up)

Once again thanks to all who made long trips - really long trips to get there (I really want to try one of these crumpet things)

PS--- Omar I love you man -- I really like how your trying to make your hair look like Medusa's helmet

Cooler in real life than on the internet?????????????
I just don't get it:)

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Yeah, being late to post I'll just echo the kudo's above to everyone involved. This was the best Wingsuit Weekend I've ever been to. Big flocks, different formations, great flyers, diverse wingsuit community, excellent hospitality and organizing. Safe yet Fun.

I hope that a future FND can be hosted in Texas, where we might get more flockers from the US west coast to participate (and maybe better luck with the weather?).

It's great to be part of a sport community like this.

BF

PS. Oh yeah, Voodew cooler in real life?? He just a really good actor!!

Old Guys Rock!

Thanks again for the great event Scott. Special thanks also to Robi and James, and Rob and Kathy.

Huge thanks to Zhills for having us, and all the zflock for the organizing and filming.

Zach, Omar, Chuck, and everyone else I met and talked to, great flying, drinking and BSing with y'all. Can't wait 'til we can do it again.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.