Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

This is going to be a hoot.

It's going to be a Total hoot !

The weather is perfect today, and should be the same all weekend. :)
Kevin
Cape Canaveral FL

...and some nice clouds to play with on Saturday & Sunday too...:)
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

There is only one from the west coast????????? I thought they had lots of wingsuit players over there?

WTF -- I guess they are just to good for us

Hey now, I remember the "its hard for me to travel" Jason of a few years back. We understood then. And for whatever reason we can't make it so you now add insult to our jealousy?

Actually our small group hasn't even flocked full force since October when Costyn was out. Most of them are cross training in the snow or hawaii doing other sports until we get good flocking weather.:D Due to schedule and weather I've only done two wingsuit jumps this year and one of those was an exit at 3,000 feet Hop-burn'n-pop.

Trust me I wish I was there with you guys [:/]!
It sounds like it will be EPIC. Make sure you get video so you can tease us non-attendees even more in the months to come. Wishin you guys the best from the ground.

We just did a 11 way and the event doesn't even start till tomorrow.

Here's some pictures of the two jumps we did before sunset. :)

Those pictures are making me jealous...

Darren was cool enough to jump with Alan and I last week when we were down there... He got some ok shots of us - considering we (especially me) are novices...

Seeing the photos in this thread are making me jealous...

I think I posted the link to the photos from last week in another thread, but since Darren was nice enough to take them, as he was getting ready for this boogie, I thought I would give him some credit here since you guys are jumping with him.

http://www.indigox.com/Travis'%20Photo%20Album/Skydive/wingsuitweb/index.html

A few teaser pics from Friday. :)
Also had an interesting experience with my S3 today. Flock took too long to get out, I dove HARD to get to formation, let my grippers go and put my arms behind my back (folding arms in front is smarter) and my wingtips started flapping violently. Both grippers blew right out of their little sleeves, and there are friction burns all over the back of the wing. I made new grippers out of ballpoint pen pieces, and returned to my old style of diving with arms pulled in front. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The weather may not have been on our side for the big ways BUT we still had an excellent time at the Z-Flock 2.0. B|

I think there were at least 3 formation Otter loads with 30 - 40+ ways (probably more yesterday after I left) :)
There was a 3 min+ flock from 24,000' and lots of other cool 10+ way flocks .

The attendance and skill level was up nearly 100% on last year.

Thank you to TK and everyone at Skydive city for hosting the event.

Big thanks to:

LO: Scott, Chris and Rob Jones
Video: Perry, Avery, Scotty, Matt and Omar
Sponsors / Prizes for the Draw : Morpheus Tech, Sun Path, Alti-2, Sunrise Rigging, Aerodyne, Skydive City, Go Fast

Most importantly thank you to everyone of you who attended the event!

A special mention for the Texas crew for making it over to FL, great to fly with you guys.

Matt 111 is putting together a video of the event, I'm sure he will post when it is finished.

Roll on 2.5 and 3.0 B|

Long flights,
J
BASEstore.it

The attendance and skill level was up nearly 100% on last year.

How many were there?

It was an awesome experience for me. I went there with 16 solo Prodigy jumps and was allowed to get out last from the airplane and chase the formations. I even caught up to a 20-way once. I might have even made it into a picture or two. :)
I went from my calm little poised exits at home... where the goal would be to keep belly side down... to running out the door from two airplane 40 plus-ways with wild abandon and swooping like mad to try to catch up. What a rush!

I made some wonderful new friends. It was good to be able to put some faces to the people who post on this forum. It was funny how many times people would come up to me and say you must be JENNR8R. :D

The facilities were great and the organizers were just outstanding in being able to include all skill levels in the formations. Great job guys. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Thanks (as always) for the great shots Matt!!!
I had a blast, lots of good jumps, lots of good friends, and I won a kickass drawing too!!!
5 jump tickets!

Great to see everyone again too...Purple Mike, Turtle, Danny...you guys are a blast to hang with - great to see you again!

COME ON 2.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B|

I just got back to the island.. i guess dreamin' is all but over till 2.5....
I had an awesome time hanging out and flying with all you flockers!! I want to thank everybody that was there for showing me a great time.. i am not even going to try and list the people cause it would fill the entire thread!
If you ever want to come down to PR just drop me a line and we'll figure it out...

Blue skies
Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I'm home.
Would like to give a shout-out to the following new friends and people who impressed the hell out of me, in some cases nearly moved to tears by the generosity and warmth I encountered there:
Gennr8r.... Lady, you got balls, and a big heart. Never stop flying.
The111: Cool flying with you. Been listening to the stuff you post about your own development curve for a long time now.
Becca: I thought you were cool. Nice colors. Nicer smile.
Nathaniel: Um....Hi.
Darren: glad I could help with airport security, good luck with that project we discussed, you gotta let me know how it goes...
Joni...Congrats again, PF-I #60...
Yuri...glad you made it out, man! Next time you'll be in the Massachusetts area, gimme a holler, we got a flock to build!
Badenhop: I knew I recognized you from somewhere. You seem a very serious character. Didn't you used to play with Nine Inch Nails or something?
Rob Jones: Whatup?
Chris Ware: at the risk of being repetitive, whatup?
Scotty Burns: I wonder if your little one knows yet how lucky she is to be where she is....
Harry Parker: Gave me a hard time, and a beer. Come up to Pepperell someday and I'll give you a hard time, and a beer, and a warm welcome to our fire. Party with you, anytime, man. (big grin)
Pendragon: Well, at least I was able to memorize your rig colors....
Medusa: How in the name of Loki are you able to keep your mohawk intact through a day of flying? That takes talent I lack, which is why I go for the raggedy look. You stole my slot! But thats ok really, cause I got yours....Your flock approach tips were rock solid, thank you.
Kevin Keenan: That patch is getting epoxied onto my helmet or something so it never goes away. Good flying with you, man. Thanks for helping keep us in space.
Scott Bland: The effort and time you put into the event was staggering, your welcome as genuine as it gets. I WILL be back sometime, try for that 22,000 ft straight-liner. Its going to be awhile before I break my new personal best record, though...If I can get a sky where I don't have to dodge all that (cough) industrial haze, I bet I can get 250+ second flight out of it... Limits? What limits? I'm beginning to think they don't exist... It was an honor and a privilege to be part of your flocks, the DZ itself and everyone and everything there were so much cooler than I could have imagined, made me feel so much "at home" there, thank you...
OmarPR: You're wicked cool, man. Simple as that. Theres a spot reserved for you, too, around the fire wherever I am.
ScaryPerry: You probably saved my life, not to mention my students' lives, in advance with the stuff you taught me. I didn't miss the fact that despite being visibly exhausted and busy as hell you somehow made the time to teach us new PF-Is. (japanese-style respect bow) Thank you, sir. If theres ever anything you need I can provide, ask, and I will make it happen. Mi casa es su casa.
Robert Pecnik: Thank you, sir.
I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch of names, too many newfound friends to count...
To those whose hack circle I was invited to join, thanks all, you know who you are...hack out. Hackmaster: you got skills.
Scotty Carbone: that has got to be the friendliest coolest little bird I ever met, and jaw-droppingly beautiful. Wait till my orthodontist gets a look at the pics....
To all present: I am deeply moved.
CA-CAW!!!!
-Brian "Lurch" Caldwell, D-27583, PF-I#62.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Badenhop: I knew I recognized you from somewhere. You seem a very serious character.

You've got to be kidding me... pretty much everything Avery said made me chuckle somehow. :D

Scotty Carbone: that has got to be the friendliest coolest little bird I ever met, and jaw-droppingly beautiful. Wait till my orthodontist gets a look at the pics....

I'd like to see those pics... I also liked that bird a LOT. So much I was reading about them for an hour this morning and spent a long time trying to decide if one would survive in my apartment with two cats. :o I have never in my life wanted a pet bird before, but that little guy was awesome, smart, and friendly.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

This was a TOTALLY AWESOME event. When 40 birds gather in one awesome place, a shitload of fun is guaranteed. Brian, you pretty much summed it up. BTW, I'm still deaf from hearing your screams in freefall.

Yuri
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Becca: I thought you were cool. Nice colors. Nicer smile.

Yes, though when she put on the Jii-Wings suit I thought there was gonna be a stampede at the DZ from everyone crowding around to get a look. They need to put a warning label on those things about them attracting the opposite sex.

Well, even after making two flights yesterday before I finally pulled pitch and decided to leave, I managed to arrive safely home on the bike just before midnight. It was a long, fast ride, but the weather was really nice. I did the ride back to NC, including gas stops and one chow stop, in about ten hours this time.

In total, I made 17 flights from Thursday till yesterday. It was flock-a-dilly-icious. I was very happy at the degree of competence exhibited by the majority of the event-goers. There were still a good number of people washing around in slot, but much, much fewer "zoomies" than past events.

The only chop I saw all weekend was Perry's. The only suit I saw destroyed on a jump was Perry's. There were out landings, but no injuries as a result of those that I can recall.

The wind was indeed honking on most occasions, but I don't feel too bad about that. At least we didn't get rained out. It definitely paid to get up early and be on first loads before the wind got too bad.

I had a really good time hanging out and jumping with the Texas Posse. I will count Zach as a member of that group as well, even though he doesn't live there and is in fact a yankee. Very solid flyers, always quick to their slot and setting the example.

Voodew's smoke brackets are great! I am pretty sure he sold every left-foot one he had and took orders for several more. Definitely much nicer than the one I have burried in a gear bag somewhere.

That is all for now.

Chuck

The weather may not have been on our side for the big ways BUT we still had an excellent time at the Z-Flock 2.0. B|

I'd also like to thank all of the organizers and Flockers for a great time. Thanks for letting this newbie in on some of the best skydiving I've done in a long time. I'm hooked on w'suiting and ready for more.:)
Kevin K.
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...