Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

Scott,

Have you thought about the tradeoffs between a wedge and a diamond? I believe that the diamond formation will allow the camera flyer to be closer. For example, a 25 way diamond requires nine rows and nine columns; however, a 25 way wedge requires a 7 rows and 13 columns. Since the distance that the camera flyer must be from the formation is proportional to the maximum length of the two dimensions, the camera flyer could be closer and still capture the entire formation in the case of the diamond.

Mike

In order for the diamond to be complete it has to be perfect. That makes the magic numbers 4,9,16,25, 36, 49 ... That doesn't leave any space for lower experience folks to dock once the diamond formation is complete. I really want everyone to have a shot at being in the biggest formation possible.

Now if we look at the pics from Saturday and see a perfect 36 or 49 way diamond possible I'm all for making an extra big way dive Sunday morning to see it completed!

Opinions anyone?

I think the multi-plane big ways are the most unique aspect of z-flock

I thought it was the skate and chug? :P

I agree about at least one attempt on the diamond. At the very least, take 9 or 16 REALLY GOOD flyers (or 25, if we have that many) and make a nice diamond. I have never seen a picture of a "perfect" formation larger than a 4-way diamond. It is nice that our bigway wedges allow the lower experienced to chase from behind (hell, I am in the DeLand 2004 bigway picture chasing from behind, way out of my slot :$), and it sucks to have to exclude anybody. But if you look at RW or FF record attempts, they make predetermined formations with the BEST flyers they can find. We can do "everbody" wedges all day Saturday. But if we want a nice picture (COVER SHOT!) with everyone in their slots, we need to do at least 1 or 2 dives that may not be as big as the wedges, but are guaranteed to be super-tight, with no stragglers.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I agree about at least one attempt on the diamond

If planned correctly, the diamond can be built much like a wedge with the lower experienced filling the outer most or tail slots/edges of the diamond. For Mike's 1000 jump at WFFC I had a huge range of differing skilled flyers to deal with yet we managed to get everyone except for 1 into slot specific positions before the break off. This was possible due to the thorough white board planning and dirt diving on the ground and putting those less skilled into less demanding slots in the formation.Having a pool of skilled flyers up front quickly build a solid base gives the others more time to jockey into their position with less traffic to deal with and gives them a bigger visual reference to work with.

Wedges on the other hand are more susceptible to the accordian effect and tend to get strung out once they get bigger than about 7 people. So instead of a nice flying "V" visual, you get a ragged or lop sided looking wedge.

Mike or Omar, either one of you have footage of that jump somewhere?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I do. If I remember, I'll bring it for reference (if needed, but I doubt we they will need it). Which Mike are you refering to?

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

I do. If I remember, I'll bring it for reference (if needed, but I doubt we they will need it). Which Mike are you refering to?

purple mike

yeah that worked pretty well... I'd just move a few people around in hope of not being taken out again towards the end :D;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

MY EYES, MY EYES!!! MikeLaugh

HA! HA! Ok, I thought he was who you were refering to but wasn't sure. Anyway, he didn't fly camera, but I'm sure he firewired from me.

BTW Are you coming to F&D?

WINGSUIT ACROBATICS team O zone
ZF#5 , HISPA#70
Blue Skies...
...Big Fat Clouds

Interesting news of late from down there....:o

I can neither confirm or deny anything to include this statment:P

Don't worry, big brother will be there to take care of business

Yeah, well what ever you do make sure you have fun and hook that shit up bro.

Do 2 tricks :ph34r: and don't forget to pull your string.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I spoke with TK about getting some extra altitude for Saturday. He told me that formation loads are an extra buck and additional altitude is an extra buck. But, he's willing to throw in one of those dollars, so dives on Saturday will be 1 extra dollar (what a deal!).

So I suggest that when you get here, sign in with both manifest and Kathy (who'll have a tent near the covered hang-out area). Purchase 16 tickets from manifest (these tickets are refundable). Get 10 regular tickets and 6 hi-altitude tickets; 5 for Friday, 6 for Saturday and 5 for Sunday. Hand Kathy your 6 hi-altitude tickets ... this will put you on the list for Saturday's jumps and smooth out our ticket issues. Please, please if you want to jump on the big-ways, commit to all 6. Having people get on and off screws up things like you wouldn't believe.

Debriefs will be held in the bunker. It's fairly dark in there and TK will have a projection screen set up. I'll bring a DLP projector with a composite video input port. It'll be set up all day until late at night. If you want to use it, just don't bust it or spill anything on it. If you want to show DVDs, bring a portable player.

Scott

I'm flying into town on Thursday, so I may get a jump or two in that afternoon. Is anyone else planning to jump on Thursday?

I'll be there wednesday afternoon/evening. Gonna try to get a few jumps in before the event.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Ted (Professor) and myself will be there first thing Friday morning - may try and waiver etc Thursday evening.

14,500 is better than nothing but high altitude is when you need O2 -- but formation loads normally do cost more so it will all even out inthe end.

I should have 4 extra smoke brackets (for demo use or sale) and I have a case of smoke cans at Morpheous Tech already if anyone is interested.

Skydiving vacations rock

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
9-unclecharlie95 (ITALIA)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
16-Costyn (NL) (very likely)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
20-Lifewithoutanet (CA/CO, USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
29-Jeff Nebelkopf (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
33-Mark (normis) Cochran (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker
39-Pendragon (U.K.)
40-980 (Canada)
41-RkyMtnHgh (FL)
42-MarkM (FL)
43-SkymonkeyONE (NC)
44-Ian (?)
45-Aaron (?)
46-Medusa (Colombia / FL)
47-Danny (Puerto Rico)
48-Kevin Keenan (FL)
49-Cyntia (FL)
50-Jose (Turtle) (P.R.)
51-BJ Alexander (FL)

Is the turtle going to be able to catch up with the flock?

Get Killed or Die Trying!

Patent pending ATFK15456