Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

45 flyers -- does that warrant a three plane formation?????

I can just imagine the carnage that would result from that -- but I am game I have taken some pretty good shots in the past

There are already 3 otters on site and the CASA is on standby (for the moment - all 3 otters have to be full to get the CASA for sure)...and the helicopter will be there for one or two days.

If you haven't signed up, get to it!!! If we have enough to fill all 3 otters, they have to get the CASA for the event for sure!!!

Can't wait!:P
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

If we have 45 wingsuit flyers and if I'm reasonably sure the lower experienced folks have it together enough to stay safe you can COUNT on a 3 plane formation!

If we have a CASA though it may only be a 2 plane formation dammit ... unless more people show up!

BRUSH UP ON YOUR EXITS! Scott Campos' book has good stuff on exiting a tailgate a/c ... only the first row gets to back off the tailgate. Everyone else either does the outside turn into the wind or does a gainer. I'll leave space for others to fill in the details on it ...

Hey guys!
I spoke to Kathy in Z-Hills yesterday and there is some concern for the numbers we're getting to...mainly for t-shirt sizes and number of planes.
It is VERY important to pre-register for this event!!!
If you don't want to register via the web due to your credit card concerns, call Morpheus and give them the info over the phone or fax it in.
If you want a shirt, one that fits, and enough space for all of us - REGISTER!!!

Flock on flockers....

B|

I posted the handout for the meet for you to review at http://www.notsane.com/ZFND2.pdf.

It will be handed out with your registration package when you check in.

Check out the big way wedge ... if things work out that could be about the size we'll be looking at. Just imagine that drawing as a real photo with you in it on the cover of ....

Scott

Check out the big way wedge ... if things work out that could be about the size we'll be looking at. Just imagine that drawing as a real photo with you in it on the cover of ....

Nice work Scott. 45-way anybody? :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

shhhhh...be berry berry twiet....Mr Kevin Keenan himself...Mr World Record 85+ way CRWdog 2005...Mr WorldRecord RW in Thailand 400+ way...is planning to make an appearance at the Flock n Dock at Zhills in April!!! Woo Hoo!!!!B|

I wathch the document, looks like scot has been doing his homework! :D

I want to tank scot for taking the time "At work" to put up all this info, I'm really looking forward to make it work!

I'll be there!:o
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
9-unclecharlie95 (ITALIA)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
16-Costyn (NL) (very likely)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
20-Lifewithoutanet (CA/CO, USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
29-Jeff Nebelkopf (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
33-Mark (normis) Cochran (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker
39-Pendragon (U.K.)
40-980 (Canada)
41-RkyMtnHgh (FL)
42-MarkM (FL)
43-SkymonkeyONE (NC)
44-Ian (?)
45-Aaron (?)
46-Medusa (FL)
47-Danny (Puerto Rico)
48-Kevin Keenan (FL)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

All,

I wanted to show you some of the stuff we'll be doing Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday is going to be a big honkin wedge. Get a look at the bigflock.jpg pic. There were several options presented for the formation, but the consensus was that this presents the most slots for docking the earliest with the easiest visuals to position yourself in formation. If all 50 people show up we're talking about something like this .. or more. I don't expect it'll be quite this tight, but the presence of the secondary bases (marked 2) should help. I'll be in the lead (marked 1). Visualize the approach you'd make to different slots based on the aircraft you'd be in (also marked).

Sunday we'll be breaking up to do some smaller, more technical stuff (and flocks too). James (unclecharlie95) was kind enough to make the following shots for me. We'll do some vertical stuff (stack.jpg), Matt Hoover's (the111) 3 up, 3 down sandwich dive (sandwich.jpg) and since we're jumping at Z-Hills a commemorative Z formation would be in order (Z.jpg).

Hope you like. Let me know.

Scott

All,

I had a request to address what the lower experience folks will be looking forward to. But I'll also address how the exit order will work for everyone.

Friday: Smaller flocks. The plane captains; Me, Chris Ware and Rob Jones will be evaluating everyone to determine their best fit in the big ways on Saturday. Work on your exit and approaches. Show that you're heads-up and safe. If you can get close work on your flocking skills ... be in place and smooth. Do this stuff over and over with a base that will hold still and you'll be amazed how quickly you'll progress. This should make you comfortable enough for ..

Saturday: The big flocks. How you've progressed will determine where you'll exit. Except for the secondary bases who have specific places to exit, there are 3 groups:

A) Those that must be in their slot on time and perfect (they exit nearest the door of each a/c)

B) Those that can get to their slots but may need a little more time and room (they exit next)

C) Those that are learning and might get there (they exit last)

So if someone up front is moving around or late they may be moved back, where someone doing well in back may be moved up so we end up with the largest perfect wedge we can have along with some folks behind learning the ropes. The deal is nobody gets "booted" for screwing up (like on the high pressure RW dives). You might be moved back in the formation ... the only way to get "booted" is to be unsafe. Nobody needs to go home in a box.

Sunday: Your call. Stretch your skills on some sequential, 3D or other advanced flock, try out a new suit or join a smaller group to keep working on the flocking skills.

I hope this helps out. The whole idea is to have a blast and be safe. I can't wait!

Scott

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
9-unclecharlie95 (ITALIA)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)