Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

I got the website updated for those of you who want to register online. Those of you that are definately going to be there and have not registered please get registered ASAP so they can get a good idea of all the mother flockers showing up. They need this for food, prizes, T Shirts etc. Typical boogie grab bag stuff. Looks like a great event is upon us.

Helmut >:(

I'm not complaining, but I did notice that the online registration is not secure, so I would advise against putting your CC info in there. But it's an easy fix since you gave us the option of faxing it in. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'm not complaining, but I did notice that the online registration is not secure, so I would advise against putting your CC info in there. But it's an easy fix since you gave us the option of faxing it in. :)

he does say to fax or call it in if you dont want to submit via email (ie unsecure) :P

there you go over analyzing things again ;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

he does say to fax or call it in if you dont want to submit via email (ie unsecure) :P

That's exactly what I said in my post.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I wanted to let everyone know what the basic schedule will be for the event ...

And, if you haven't read the flocking article James and I wrote in last month's Skydiving Magazine now would be the time to check it out.

Expect 5 or 6 dives per day. If you can't keep up with the packing we have some great packers at Z-Hills http://www.skydivecity.com/html/facilities/ Kahn and the guys RULE!

Friday: Smaller flocks. We'll be breaking up into smaller (<10 or so) groups to warm up and assess where folks I don't know will be starting out. Since the main idea will be to get some BIG, COOL flocks, flocking skills are the focus. Get there safe and quick, stay there in place and smooth, get away safe and far. When you get into positon on each dive, think the word SMOOTH! We'll be practicing the exit procedures for the weekend ... turn left and fly!

Saturday: Big flock day. 1, 2 or 3 planes? We'll have captains for each plane: Me for the lead, Rob Jones for the 2nd and Chris Ware for the 3rd if needed. I will be the lead base. We'll also have a few additional bases distributed throughout the formation who will hold their positon relative to me. Flockers near them will hold position relative to the secondary base since I'll be pretty far away at that point. The idea is to minimize the movement for the folks further back. The video camera will be the eye in the sky. If you are moving around excessively or you're late getting there you'll be moved back so you have room to learn. If you're smooth, on-time and in position you'll be moved up front where things are seriously tight. This means EVERYONE at every skill level is welcome as long as they play by the rules .. which means we all go home in one piece.

Sunday: 3D, sequential and aerobatic day. We'll break up into smaller groups again so folks can pursue their interests or jump that cool new suit they've had their eye on. Major emphasis on fun. Anyone wanting to continue working on their flocking skills .. we can do that too.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval. The whole idea is to have a hell of a time and take home some killer pics, along with some great memories. PM me or post here if you like it or hate it. We can't please everyone, but it's your flock!

Scott

So is the list still accurate?

- good question

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
9-unclecharlie95 (ITALIA)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
16-Costyn (NL) (very likely)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
20-Lifewithoutanet (CA/CO, USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
29-Jeff Nebelkopf (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
33-Mark (normis) Cochran (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker

I think we need to add these:

39 - Dr. Parkin a.k.a. Pendragon (U.K.)

So is it now?

almost,

40 - Sam a.k.a. 980 (Canada)

as of a few minutes ago, HAVE ticket WILL travel! :D

God bless you.

- and you too Avery

cya
sam

edited to fix

So, 43 just from the intertrode. Should be quite a visual.

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker
39-Pendragon (U.K.)
40-980 (Canada)
41-RkyMtnHgh (US)
42-MarkM
43-SkymonkeyONE

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

Now for the really important question:

Who are the locals that would be willing to show me around for some après-skydive activities?

I don’t mean bars or drinking either, but I will happily buy you a few beers or whatever for the courtesy.

Please PM me if you are one of the above, thanks!

:D

edited to add: maybe I should be a little less obtuse - check out my signline for clues as to what i consider apres-skydive...

If you don't need to have your false teeth refitted or your hearing aid adjusted you're pretty much out of luck in Zephyrhills. By the time we get done at sunset, toss back a few and chow on some of Janine's good food the old folks (like me) will be headed to bed. I'm sure though that Matt and Omar will be up for some "shenanigans" :)

What about Tampa, is that nearby? I'd also like to see the night life somewhere close to the DZ. I want to get familiar with that area.

haha silly boy. night life in zhills is just small neighborhood bars. Unless you want to play with the locals, it may be more fun to eat lead paint. :D;)

tampa is do-able, but is 45-1h away and depends on the area. map it if you want. i may have something for us to do in tampa on sunday night if people are going to be around that i'm sure people would enjoy. just need to talk to a friend to see if it is happening.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker
39-Pendragon (U.K.)
40-980 (Canada)
41-RkyMtnHgh (FL)
42-MarkM (FL)
43-SkymonkeyONE (NC)

I'd also like to see the night life

Are we forgetting Ybor City? It's been quite a few years since I've been there, is it still kickin'?

Per mapquest.com
Zhills to Ybor City:

Total Est. Time: 42 minutes Total Est. Distance: 36.60 miles
Not a bad trek, especially if it is as awesome as it was 5 years ago!

Don't count me in yet, though. If it comes down to a decision between that and other "apres-skydive" activities (even GC), I'm turning down Ybor in a heartbeat. ;)

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Ybor (eee-boar) City is still there and really hops on the weekend. If you insist on walking back to your car drunk in the dark there is a strictly enforced BYOG (bring your own gun) policy. You'll need it. http://www.ybor.org/ no visit to Ybor is complete without a stop tp the Columbia restaurant.

Tampa also has Channelside. Shops, bars, restaurants in an renovated shipping port.http://www.channelside.com/

If nature is your thing, Hillsborough River State Park is right down 301 from ZHills. Very nice. http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/default.cfm

Strip clubs are a staple of the Tampa scene, although a recently enacted 6-foot rule spoils the fun as far as I'm concerned. The Mons Venus http://www.monsvenus.com/ is probably the most famous men's establishment in the area.

Tampa has many great restaurants and it's not nearly as expensive eating here as it is in some other cities. Some of my favorites are:

Bern's Steakhouse (don't miss the dessert room!)
Watch out for the cognacs, a snifter can set you back $100. http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Roy's Yeah, it's a chain but damn the food is hard to beat. http://www.roysrestaurant.com/

Sideberns Another in the Bern's family tradition but more modern than the bordello style the original has. If you go for the tapas and stay away from the $13 martinis you won't max out the credit card. http://www.sideberns.com/

The Blue Martini Girlie sweet versions of martinis, but that's the only way I can get a martini to stay down. $10 martinis are a deal if you just left Sideberns. http://www.bluemartinilounge.com/

Buca de Beppo [/url] Another chain, but crazy good italian food. Served family style so take friends. The prices are good if you share!

Seafood ... too many to name. Bonefish comes to mind, but it;s another chain.

bon appetite!

Scott

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)
38-Harry Parker
39-Pendragon (U.K.)
40-980 (Canada)
41-RkyMtnHgh (FL)
42-MarkM (FL)
43-SkymonkeyONE (NC)
44-Ian (?)
45-Aron (?)

44 - 45 I don't know were are you guys from.?

Welcome to the flock;)
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456