Helmut

Z-Flock n Dock April 7th-9th

How far is Tampa from zhills, and how do jumpers usually get back and forth? Taxi? Bus? Hitch rides? I'm looking to arrive either late thursday or early friday depending on available time.
Anyone?
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Lurch - You may be able to call the DZ for a ride, if Avery can't help you out too...

Well, it's official - we have at least one helicopter to jump from for the event! B|:)
The Alouette will be onsite for most likely Saturday and Sunday, depending upon weather and demand. The jump price is still being negotiated, but everyone can budget between $45-$65 per slot (to be safe, I'd plan on $55). My guess is that the other jumpers (non-WS) will go on Saturday while we are doing the big way flocks - :)
There may be a signup for the slots at some point - keep checking the Skydive City web page events just in case.

See you there!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

where's it coming from? 60$ is kinda steep for an Alouette @5k. That doesn't mean I won't necessarily sign up tho.

-------------------

If anyone is getting into tpa around noon on Wednesday, I could probably help them out w/ a ride.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

where's it coming from? 60$ is kinda steep for an Alouette @5k. That doesn't mean I won't necessarily sign up tho.

According to another pilot who flew at the Keys Boogie, they were charging $65 per jump (and getting it without complaints) - so now everyone's thinking that they may be undercharging at $4x and $5x might be better (for them) :S.

There's a huge overhead with helicopter maintenance :o - turbines, like the Alouette are even higher; it just doesn't pay to spend the time flying to the event (or transporting the helicopter), removing the doors, removing the left seat controls, and maybe fly a couple of hours, reinstall the controls & doors, pack up, and so on... [:/]. However, if he can fly a couple of hours of back to back loads, it makes it worth his time - remember it's his business - he can make a lot more money with a lot less concerns flying an executive around at $800+ per hour than flying jumpers...

All this is one of the reasons it's so hard to get a helicopter to be at a boogie (insurance for parachute activities is another nightmare too). We are very fortunate that he lives close and likes jumpers - the last time he flew, it wasn't really worth his time at $45 per jump (the DZ gets a cut too you know)...if we can get him (and the DZ) to agree on a reasonable figure in the $50-$52 range and keep the loads going, we might be able to have a helicopter at more events in the future too.

Whatever happens, it will still be a fun boogie for the WS fliers!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

ya man, I know. It's just a cost / benefit thing for me. obivously, the lower the better, but of course i realize he needs to make some money and make it worth while for him to bring it.

I just mention it, b/c I have spent $17-$18 in the past jumping an Alouette in the early part of the season. Of course that was somewhat discounted and was a FT aircraft for the dz. :)
Either way, I hope to see it there. Thx for the effort you are putting into it to make it happen.
-z

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

There's a huge overhead with helicopter maintenance - turbines, like the Alouette are even higher; it just doesn't pay to spend the time flying to the event (or transporting the helicopter),

If it's John's helo, they don't fly it anywhere. It gets moved from boogie to boogie on a trailer, then setup upon arrival.

Chuck

Sweet! Now I have two prospective rides. Gennr8r also gave me a holler and offered, so who I ride with will depend on what flights I get and when I arrive. I'll pop back in here soon as I have it all nailed down.
Thank you!
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Bummer! I have to wrap up a course I'm teaching in Texas 6-9pm on Thursday night April 6th. So, I can't get a flight out Thursday evening as I had hoped.

Instead, I've booked a 6am flight to Tampa on Friday morning. Arriving 11am. After bags and a rental car, I should be able to get to Z-Hills ready to jump around 1pm. HOLD THE LOAD FOR ME... I'M A COMIN' ...

Old Guys Rock!

Gettin closer everyday --- I will have a case (24) 60 second smoke canisters and (12) 2 minute smoke canisters if anyone is interested ---- I will be bringing some of the demo smoke brackets that anyone can try -- (but you will have to pay for the canisters, sold at cost)

We (Mudbug, Professor, and I) arrive in Orlando around 6pm staying at the Quality Inn if anyone wants to start drinkin' --- assume we will be checkin in around 9pm.

Are plans to start Friday morning or is it going to be a late start --- We would like to know if we need to get gear checked in and paperwork Thursday night.

So is the list still accurate?
1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
9-unclecharlie95 (ITALIA)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
16-Costyn (NL) (very likely)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
20-Lifewithoutanet (CA/CO, USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
29-Jeff Nebelkopf (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
33-Mark (normis) Cochran (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)

37-Murphy (AZ)

It is now.

1-Voodew1 (TX)
2-Professor (TX)
3-FlyinBob (TX)
4-Buried (IL)
5-The111 (LOCAL!)
6-Skyflyingbecca (FL)
7-Moonglo (TX)
8-Luminous (TX)
10-Base733 (UT)
11-nathaniel(IL)
12-HELMUT (Tatooween)
13-OmarPR (LOCAL)
14-RobertPecnik(CROATIA)
15-Purple Mike(Earth)
17-Matt (GA)
18-Joni (NE)
19-Yuri (Russia-USA)
21-badenhop (Lodi)
22-Mike Steen (UT)
23-EmLo (Local)
24-DaMan (Local)
25- Rob Jones (Local)
26-Scott Bland (Local)
27-Chris Ware (Local)
28-Scotty Burns (Local)
30-Mike (Local)
31-Paul Mazillo (Local)
32-Scary Perry (Local)
34-Manny (Local)
35-Lurch? (NH)
36-Mudbug(TX)
37-Murphy (AZ)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
38-Harry Parker

So is it now?

God bless you.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Guys,

Things will get started Friday morning as everyone checks in. Of course there is some paperwork to go through ... make sure you have your logbook and USPA (or other) membership card. Save yourself LOTS of grief and make sure your reserve will be in date for the entire event.

I can't wait!

Scott

Well I just bought my ticket. Arriving TPA Thursday 10:00PM and leaving TPA Sunday 7:45PM.

I don't have a car yet, so anyone looking to carpool drop me a PM.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

If you are not a recent attendee to any Z-hills events, then that form will apply. Any of us that have jumped there within the last year need not re-waiver at the DZ. Boogie/event fees can be taken care of when we arrive. I can't wait.

If it's any different than that, I wish Scott Bland or someone else of consequence would call or PM me.

PS: I will have some new demo Firebird "R"'s for people to play with. I will be jumping my old, reliable three-year-old S3.

I will check with Morpheus and get back to you Mark.

Register before the weekend to save yourself some $$.

If you do not pre-register you run the risk of going without an event t-shirt (they need to know how many shirts to make and in what sizes).

Registration includes dinner on the dropzone Friday and Saturday nights, a T-shirt and we will be putting all registrant’s names into a draw for cool prizes.

:)J
BASEstore.it