alain

cypres missfire ?

Well....I was standing a couple feet away from a rig sitting all by itself on a picnic table when we heard a POP and the reserve PC went flying by. Nobody around was using any kind of cell phone or radio, and the Cypres did have the RF shielding. That was a few years ago...never found out what the official response from Airtec was, but they sent the guy a new Cypres.

Mike

Lots - but why do you ask? Are you making a decision on which AAD to get?

I don't actualy need one right now but I was wondering if airtec has experienced some troubles at the begining like the Vigil AAD is going throug these days.

I actualy did a search on dz.com with 'cypres missfire'
and i did not find so many incidents.
did I miss something ?
Alain

Not recently. I don't think there's been any reports of misfires since the modifications were done to eliminate the need for the electro-magnetic sheidling. I don't remember any in the last 3 years.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I was wondering if airtec has experienced some troubles at the begining like the Vigil AAD is going throug these days.

As far as I know, there was one misfire reported about the Vigil, the incident regarding the French 4 way team. Have there been more?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I don't remember any in the last 3 years.

Wasn't it just a year or two ago that someone had a Cypres fire at around 4K? I'm too lazy search, but the story is here and got quite a bit of attention.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

As far as I know, there was one misfire reported about the Vigil, the incident regarding the French 4 way team. Have there been more?

-
Jim

It was the first,and (for the moment) the only one. After this incident, the Vigil has been forbidden to use waiting new tests. The problem is fixed now, aud the vigil is authorized again.
@+ en l'air et bon saut