notsane

GS-1 at ZHills

I just received a brand-new GS-1 demo suit from Cate at Jii-Wings. Compared to the first GS-1 this model has been extensively modified and includes the new leg-wing extension, arm leading edge foam, snaps on the cutaway, no bootie heels and more.

It fits me well so it should fit someone up to 6' tall and up to 200lbs + (I'm 5'11" and 200lbs and there's room for more beer).

If you're planning to be around ZHills over the holidays and want to give this babe-magnet a try let me know.

I've had the same issue on the demo I have, which has all the features mentioned above. Try turning your toes out and really muscleing the leg wing open. I've found that to be tiring, but does limit the flap.

I'll have the demo at the AFFC for anyone wanting to give it a try.
Sized to fit 5'10 170 lbs, with room for maybe 2 more inches height and 20lb more.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I will be at Z-Hills today, and could at least flock with you for observation & feedback. I have one of the early GS-1's and two tail wings. Voodew got the upgrade for us kit from Cate but I haven't connected with him about it yet as I am in Florida (he's still in Texas).

We jumped a 3-flock of GS-1's a couple weeks ago at San Marcos, and I can flock pretty close, although I am not as proficient in the fine control adjustments yet as I am with my V-1. But with a couple hundred flights beind me I think I can hang with you in eitther suit.

I expect to arrive at Z-Hills around 11am and stay until dark:30. My daughter will be with me (~50 jumps) and I may break away to jump with her some (I have a separate RW rig) but am looking for some flocking fun too.

Old Guys Rock!

I'm not sure, but it just feels like the leg wing is flapping a bit.

Extend your legs fully, locked at the knees this suit with the extra tail wing is for long flights, If you want to flock unzip the tail and leave it on the ground or put up with the flap.

If there were a few more GS1s around maybe long flights with others would be possible but as for right now it is extremely hard to fly with other suits(tri-wing) the GS1 is more floaty and lacks a little bit of drive.

I can fly with other suits if I arch and fly head low but it is not as designed ----- but it isn't that hard

Merry Christmas Ya'll

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I made three flights Friday at Z-Hills, two with Scott (notsane) and Walt. But Scott was flying his S3 and Walt was in a GTi. We practiced formation flying. No video.

Scott had his new GS-1 there (pretty! A real chick magnet - ground photo attached), but did not get to fly it. I had my early GS-1 and we could have flocked later but ran out of daylight. Neither Scott nor I could return Sat due to family activities.

Good to fly with you guys!! See you in April at the big Flock-N-Dock.

Old Guys Rock!