skyflyingbecca

How do you feel about separating your rig & suit?

From the 'Thanks Z-Flock' thread:

Normiss asked Rky: "So which suit did you order?"

and she said: "Prodigy since it offers flexibility for me to do other disciplines without having to attach/detach the suit and my freefly bungie."
:o
MarkM asked:"There are other disciplines??

pbla4024 said: "What do you mean by 'detach the suit'? That idea is completely and utterly immoral."

HOW DO YOU FEEL?

I think:

The idea is heresy. An abomination. Cruel.

Don't you know how sad the rig gets when it doesn't have its suit?

Think about it, the rig just loves us, it saves our lives all the time. Then it sees us happier than ever while we have it and our wingsuit on. They enjoy being mated ;) and being close to us as we experience the best moments of our lives.

Then to separate them? And jump the rig all alone?
WTF?

I hope the rig would still work. Being so sad, missing its partner and everything, the rig might just decide to go in, and take you with it. :o

I wouldn't risk it! :o

:D:P:ph34r:B|
Yeah I know I'm sick.
:S:$:D

Edit: Oh and BTW, my avatar pic was taken BEFORE I got my wingsuit :D

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

Ha! you're hilarious. Yes, sometimes my rig goes through withdrawal symptoms when my suit is away for more than a couple days. Luckily it doesn't happen often.;)

Cruel and unusual punishment??? Should be reported to WETR? (Wingsuiters for the Ethical Treatment of Rigs) :D
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Yeah, but don't you own like 12 suits? So you'd need to separate them to hook up a different suit?

I think you should hook them all up at once Kris, and put the mess on and jump it - you'd get at least 20 minutes of freefall.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I always seperate at the end of the day. Just a habit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, but don't you own like 12 suits? So you'd need to separate them to hook up a different suit?

That's blasphemous!
Its like wingsuit polygamy.

When did you move to Utah? Or do they have Mormons in the UK? I'm an ignorant American, I don't know these things.

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

I have not owned more than 2 suits at a time while I was jumping in the U.S.

I own 4 wingsuits(only jumped 2 of them) and pants + jacket. I used to unhook and rehook the suit even when I owned only one suit so that it didn't get worn while packing. I used to unhook and rehook SDC's loaner Classic II that I learnt on. Now, I pack with the suit attached to the rig but I feel bad everytime.

It is just a habit.

Kris.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's blasphemous!
Its like wingsuit polygamy.

When did you move to Utah? Or do they have Mormons in the UK? I'm an ignorant American, I don't know these things.

Wingsuit polygamy is allowed, encouraged even:P

Kris.

Wingsuit polygamy is allowed, encouraged even

Nah, you should have a rig for each wingsuit :):P

I have a few rigs for sale if you are interested. Mirage M1's. One G3 and one G4. Both Unisyn. Both great in bed. Treat your extra wingsuit(s) to a beatiful rig all its own :P

Dear Moderators: Advertisement intended as tonque-in-cheek :P:D Oh wait, these greenies are Chuck & Tom.... Nvm, you get it.:)

I like to keep my wingsuit hooked up, ready to go. I only de-rig it when I want to change wingsuits (I have a V-1, GS-1, and an Acro on order [just sold my GTi]). The rig is a wingsuit friendly Wings EXT with a Pilot132 in it - nice for flights. I keep the whole setup in a large hard suitcase with wheels so it's easy to move around, and there is plenty of room in it so the ribs and stiffners don't get messed up when it's transported.

I have two other rigs I use for RW/FF, and CRW, but since my favorite activity is wingsuiting, I use the first rig most of the time.

Old Guys Rock!