WatchYourStep

Wingsuit and C-182?

There is now a 206 at the Dz... but it doesnt really have a step.. we have yet to WS it.. I dont even know how I am going to fit in the plane with it on...Im a big guy.... so we shall see...
any pointers?
with no step i guess we'll just have to jump out from the door with everything closed and then open up...
I have jumped a 182 with the step and that was not bad at all... but launching a 2+ way sans step will be interesting....

Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

I've got a decent amount of jumps from a C-180 and a Beaver. Usually I either hop out the side facing the prop, or hang from the strut. If you hang, be careful of the tail :)
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

about half my wingsuit jumps are from 182's or 206's. In the 182, i just hop out of the door and fly the exit while opening my wings. in the 206, i'd sit in the door with my feet out/legwing collapsed and roll out, typically ending up on my back flying with the plane before turning to follow the pattern... really nice visual :)

a buddy and i managed to do a few successful rodeo exits from the 182 :)
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

There is now a 206 at the Dz... but it doesnt really have a step.. we have yet to WS it.. I dont even know how I am going to fit in the plane with it on...Im a big guy.... so we shall see...
any pointers?

I've done quite a number of ws jumps out of a 206, and I find the most comfortable place to sit is in the rear, behind the pilot seat (left of the plane). In the 206 I jumped from, I could stretch my legs underneath the bar (that is there to prevent people from sitting too far back). It's quite comfortable and people don't really mind; you dont' really get in the way on exits, although you will get some rigs in your face as people maneuver around for the exit. :)
Cheers
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Just to be better than all of you we make 5 way orgies out of Cessnas. But you really need to be good friends on the way up..

But now i will go to slep and tomorrow drive down to the AN 72 in Cocsted and make a 70 way Orgy

See ya all
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Us Texas BoyZ have lots of wingsuit exits from Cessnas (182's and 206). You do have to zip in before boarding and get chummy in the plane on the way up, but it works.

I especially like to go out first and hang backwards from the strut to launch into a backfly. I pretty much learned how to backfly my GTi (since sold as I have moved to a V-1, Acro, GS-1, and V2 now) from a Cessna.

Never got to try a formation load flock though. The DZ changed owners and went to a PAC750XL so now we can flock big ways with only one plane!

Old Guys Rock!